Ac Schnitzer roll hoop bargain

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Ac Schnitzer roll hoop bargain

Post by ('_')Z3 »

:D Absolutely nothing to do with me but a bit of a bargain :) if you're after some :oops:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-AC-Sch ... 4ae8507130
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Ac Schnitzer roll hoop bargain

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Now sold :( anyone here?
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

damn..... too late :head:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

Yes, damn. Good price too.
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
Bananasport

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Bananasport »

Thanks ('_')Z3 for the heads up on the Schnitzer hoops I made offers straight away and won so really looking forward to them arriving. Might need some guidance in refitting them later. Anybody any idea how much they would cost new? they also have a central sub speaker and the surrounding rear trim. Thanks again ( dont know how to add smilies but I certainly am)
peterandjenny

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by peterandjenny »

Do you have roll hoops fitted now? If not you will have to remove the seats and all the rear trim to install the brackets it took me about 4 hours to swap hoops from one car to another .All the holes and threads are fitted to all cars even f hoops were not fitted.
Any questions just ask . Or you could sell the hoops to us :)
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Very jealous about the subwoofer stuff... Im after one and they are as rare as the hoops
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

Bananasport wrote:Thanks ('_')Z3 for the heads up on the Schnitzer hoops I made offers straight away and won so really looking forward to them arriving. Might need some guidance in refitting them later. Anybody any idea how much they would cost new? they also have a central sub speaker and the surrounding rear trim. Thanks again ( dont know how to add smilies but I certainly am)
This might help

https://zroadster.org/articles/removing ... -hoops.49/
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
Bananasport

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Bananasport »

Thanks Spurs fan, technical article should be very helpful
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Bananasport wrote:Thanks ('_')Z3 for the heads up on the Schnitzer hoops I made offers straight away and won so really looking forward to them arriving. Might need some guidance in refitting them later. Anybody any idea how much they would cost new? they also have a central sub speaker and the surrounding rear trim. Thanks again ( dont know how to add smilies but I certainly am)

No worries, glad they went to someone on here :) I did contemplate buying them to sell on :wink:
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

('_')Z3 wrote:

No worries, glad they went to someone on here :) I did contemplate buying them to sell on :wink:

Mercenary!

:D
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Assuming you have OEM hoops now ? They are very easy to remove, I'm sure then guide linked above shows how.

In terms of fitting the AC Schnitzer hoops they are usually a very very tight fit, you will need a good soft mallet and cardboard to protect them to get them in. They can take a real bashing which they may need. It's fun trying to get them level lol

They are quality though and from memory where c £400-£500 when new (may have been more) but regularly used to sell for £600+ but I am out of touch on recent prices.

The extra trim is a bonus you could sell on.
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Jonttt wrote: The extra trim is a bonus you could sell on.
Please let me know if you do
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Bananasport

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Bananasport »

Thanks spurs fan & johnttt for your help. bertiejaffa I think I will use the central sub on a new Z i am negotiating to buy if I dont I will certainly contact you. Thanks again guys your help is really appreciated. Might be in contact again when I start the project
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Congratulations on getting these! One of the rarest, best looking and expensive items at the same time for z3 you can get :)
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Hi
Looks like you got a really good deal.

As Jonttt states there are a relatively tight fit and I used a mallet with a folded duster to fit them. Not too difficult to fit.

I have a pair of unused replacement AC Schnitzer badges for them in my garage if you ever wanted to freshen them up.

From memory the original BMW wind deflector was no good due to pads so I purchased an aftermarket Perspex one.

Send me a PM if you are interested in the new badges.

Regards
James
Bananasport

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Bananasport »

Havn't seen the roll hoops yet but if the badges are poor quality I would be interested.