FRESH SEAT BELT GUIDE FIXERS.

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

FRESH SEAT BELT GUIDE FIXERS.

Post by Southernboy »

I have black and polished ally "Z" brackets for repairing broken seat belt guides. They work as well on the unbroken guides and will prevent them ever breaking. IMO still the best seat belt guide fix anywhere in the world.... You can do cheaper, but not better. This is a fairly aesthetic addition which does a practical job...
Still £25 Incl postage,,,

"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: FRESH SEAT BELT GUIDE FIXERS.

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

Hi Southernboy. I have that problem caused by an overenthusiastic passenger yanking on the belt before looking at why it would not run out freely.

How do they get applied and can it be carried out with the seats Insitu ?

As you probably realise - I am in the UK so what would be an "All-in" price or is it still £25.00 - for a pair ?

Have you got any images of them when fitted or simply positioned for a Photo Shoot ?
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

The price includes postage for a set of two. Fitting takess a few minutes, and can be done with the seats in the car, but roof down is easiest.
Comes with a fitting instruction guide and dead easy to do.
Below is a pic of it fitted to my driver seat... and BTW, My seat belt guide is also broken, but once fitted with the mod, it's stronger than an unbroken guide....:wink:

"Normal is overrated"

ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Hi again Southernboy. Thank you for you quick reply and the images BUT I am not entirely clear.
Is the "Z" plate the front for each of the left & right with a dedicated (in reverse) backing plate ?

Is "The Pair" alluding to the kit for both seats or one "Z" as a front and rear plate repair kit ?

How do we pay you. Is it PayPal sent as a "Gift" ?

PS. With later years (for some) comes occasional slower thinking.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

A set is for both seats and complete except for a small drill bit which you will need. As I said, it comes with a fitting guide, and is about as simple a task as lifting a pint... There are no "backing plates"... :wink:

Please send the payment via PayPal. Make the payment to:- searchinc@worldonline.co.za
Also PM me your postal addy etc, and let me know if you want silver or black...
Cheers
Barry
"Normal is overrated"

ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Hi Barry. Thank you. I will sort this out in the next couple of days. Big Decision on Colour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Black Leather - so Black and descrete or Silver and Bling.

Regards,

John.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Cheers John.... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Hi Barry and to you all that have been afflicted by the busted seatbelt guide gremlin. Also to those that are reading of the issue and have not yet suffered with it.

DON'T WAIT until it has happened PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE as they say. Fit them and it will not happen and add a bit of bling to your "Z".

Barry,my "Z" fix its arrived this morning 14/07/2015 Wonderful and so neat and along with instructions/guide as to the application of them so easy that a DIY 14yr old could easily manage the fix.

I will be fitting them sometime tomorrow as my 1.6mm machine drill-bit has disappeared from the dedicated tin box.
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Hi to you all out there. Well the seat belt guide fixer/preventatives are fitted and as solid as a rock. One to fix and the other to prevent the dreaded happening.

Excellent value for money and easily fitted BUT not a job for rushing especially with such tiny screws and muscular hands with thick fingers.

The correct screwdriver is absolutely essential as is creating an indent for the drill-bit to start off without moving about - I used an Automatic Centre Punch.

The repair really does look the Dogs Bits !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you again Barry.