Best Place To Sell My Z3

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Skidmore2015

Z3 roadster 2.8

Best Place To Sell My Z3

Post by Skidmore2015 »

Hi Guys,

Can anybody offer some advice on where would be best to sell my BMW 2.8L Z3? I've tried Autotrader, lots of views but no contact. Any help would be appreciated!!

ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Best Place To Sell My Z3

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

Hi Skidmore. Is it Auto or manual and what age and colour is it and where are you based ?
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Hi Skidmore. Is it Auto or manual and what age and colour is it and where are you based ?
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
Skidmore2015

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Skidmore2015 »

Hi, its a red, manual, 1998 2.8L, in Nottingham.
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Skidmore2015 wrote:Hi, its a red, manual, 1998 2.8L, in Nottingham.
Hi skidmore. Wow - that was quick. Sorry but I could not cope with manual and get a comfortable driving position/distance from the wheel.

I stand at 4'10" and with a 23" inside leg measurement my preference has always been Auto and with the accelerator pedal blocked out with the BLING BLING Chromed Racing Pedal tops.

I would be disappearing beneath the dash at every gear change with the pushing-in of the clutch pedal. Not Good for ELF & SAFETY and especially mine.

Best of luck anyway with finding a buyer.
Skidmore2015

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Skidmore2015 »

Thanks ARoosterinaRoadster,

That is understandable. I'm really eager for it to go somewhere that it'll be looked after, being 17 years old and in great condition it would be a shame for it to go to a youngster that is only interested in racing here there and everywhere.

I don't have enough free time to give it these days :(

Thanks for the response :)

I'm not sure how to upload pictures on here but let me know what you think to her, she's currently on AutoTrader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... &logcode=p
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Hi Skidmore. A quite stunning looking car and with such low mileage as a bonus. The "part history" might raise a few eyebrows/questions on a car that has such low mileage.

The "height adjustable seats is usually a way of saying NOT ELECTRIC - which is it ?

Is it Imola Red ? The Chromed side grills really do set the car apart as they do on my current 2000 (W) 2.0 litre Topaz Blue Metallic Z3.

Posting images is recommended through Photobucket - indeed there is a tutorial when the Z3 Roadster section of the main page is opened-up.

Home Page > Forum > Range Specific > Z3 Roadster > Announcements will get you there.

Personally,I think that Image Hosting Sites are a FAFF and if there was an option to load straight from ones own PC/Laptop My Pictures/My Documents then there would many many more images of our delightful little Z'ds.
That would also very definately apply when it comes to sharing ongoing projects/repairs and general DIY improvements.
Skidmore2015

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Skidmore2015 »

Hi ARoosterinaRoadster,

Yes the part service history may raise a question or two, quite simple to explain however, the car was garaged in 2004 for around 10 years, the last BMW service was in August 2004, it was taken out of hibernation in 2014, given a full "on the road" service and i've been driving it daily since :)

I have just revised the advert to include the electric seat positioning, thanks for highlighting :)

Hmmm i'm unsure on the actual colour, i've just been looking at the paid in full receipt from BMW and it merely states "Bright Red".

Agreed the chrome side grills really do seem to separate it from the rest, to be honest i'll be really upset to see it go but its for the best, I need something more economical these days especially for the urban mileage I cover.

Thanks for the info on uploading photographs, I'll give that a go a little later on :)
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

The car looks lovely but to be honest the price is what may be the problem. I appreciate yours is low mileage but that combined with the price reduces your market to a very few who are looking for an immaculate trophy. My friend just sold his red 98, 2.8 with hard top, luggage rack and case, recent full respray 100,000 miles for £2700. Sadly what our personal value on the car is, is not reflected in the market. Another friend just picked up a 99 2.8 needing a door and a little tlc for 750.
Cheeseandbeans

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Cheeseandbeans »

stevov wrote:The car looks lovely but to be honest the price is what may be the problem. I appreciate yours is low mileage but that combined with the price reduces your market to a very few who are looking for an immaculate trophy. My friend just sold his red 98, 2.8 with hard top, luggage rack and case, recent full respray 100,000 miles for £2700. Sadly what our personal value on the car is, is not reflected in the market. Another friend just picked up a 99 2.8 needing a door and a little tlc for 750.
Wow! £750! Where did he pick that gem up from?
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

Gumtree
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

stevov wrote:Gumtree
Hi Steve.
Was it his/hers/theirs to sell !!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????
Skidmore2015

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Skidmore2015 »

Hi Steve,

Yeah i guess its hard trying to put a price on these things. To be honest, i'm in no great rush so may just leave it advertised and hope that someday in the future somebody will appreciate it enough to pay the asking price. In the meantime I can carry on having lots of fun with it :)
Dino D

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Dino D »

Skidmore2015 wrote: Yes the part service history may raise a question or two, quite simple to explain however, the car was garaged in 2004 for around 10 years, the last BMW service was in August 2004, it was taken out of hibernation in 2014, given a full "on the road" service and i've been driving it daily since :)
I would say this rather than 'part service' history.
Being garaged for 10yrs will also help explain the condition.

Nice car and rare colour (that is not faded!), 7k is high on the face of it but I would suggest some classic magazines/sites where people appreciate details like this, on autotrader it will just appear 'expensive'.
The M versions have really shot up so maybe you can attract a punter who is thinking of how to raise 20k+ and then sees this 'bargain' at less than half the money!
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

36,000 miles is just barely run in ! It's a pristine example and it appears to be Imola red. Has the sport seats and the interior appears really good.... I would hold out for the price you have asked. But also good advice to consider the classic car magazines.... The "part" history can be investigated..there must be a record of previous owners who can be contacted and update the records...???
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

ARoosterinaRoadster wrote:
stevov wrote:Gumtree
Hi Steve.
Was it his/hers/theirs to sell !!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????
Don't know but at the same time I paid 1500 for my 2000 z3 2.0lt. Go on auto trader, Gumtree, eBay, Piston heads there are many for sale. If you keep your eyes open you'll find some amazing buys.http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=42053
Link to pics of mine.
Skidmore2015

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Skidmore2015 »

Thanks Southernboy, Yes I think I'll hold out for the right buyer, I've even thought about storing it for a few more years, keep the mileage low and try to sell in the future, perhaps when it reaches the grand old age of 20!!
Dino D

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Dino D »

Regarding the price I think it's fair to point out the other side of the coin here,
Yes you can get cars for less but they likely not mint like this one (I'm assuming here but given it's history it should look and feel new). Of course at this age rubber parts may need changing due to age etc like any car this age.
But it's cosmetically mint, to take make a Z with say double the mileage and not garaged like this one would take a respray. A proper one starts at 2k...
The underside should be like new if dry stored, how much effort would it take to make 70 or 80k used in all weathers look new underneath...
Then if you want a mint interior that can be done with lots of elbow grease or paying a upholsterer or even buying the lovely heated parts seats this one has and swapping them out. But that takes time/cash..
You see where I am going here.

When I bought mine it was relatively expensive compared to others, possibly the most 'expensive' 2.8 with the mileage at the time. However it had a lot of mods I liked and the colour and options I wanted and was cared for. I could have got a cheaper one and done all bits myself but that will have taken time and cash to do which for me would have actually been impossible as I just didn't have the time with work and family life.

My point is that it is about value rather than sticker price.
It's likely going to take a while but on the other hand the way the M's are selling at nearly what they where new it could go quicker than you think.
And finally it has has not suffered the 'facelift' to the rear :). That adds 1k alone!
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Good thinking...put it away for another 5 years.... there will be a queue to buy it. :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Skidmore2015

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Skidmore2015 »

Southernboy wrote:Good thinking...put it away for another 5 years.... there will be a queue to buy it. :wink:
Do you realise how difficult it will be to store this car haha, the temptation will be too great!!!
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Yes...I know the feeling. It's meant to be winter here right now, and this morning I had a 1 hour round trip to do...guess where the top was..?? :sunny
"Normal is overrated"