Mud flaps

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
mid life z
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Mud flaps

Post by mid life z »

Wanted front and rear mud flaps for my 1999 z3 now fed up with pebble dash so can any one help with either a supplier or second hand ones.
Cheers
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Mud flaps

Post by alec.m »

I don`t think you can get OEM ones any more. Someone on here bought the following a while ago and said they were a good fit. I bookmarked the page for future reference. Only the rears though
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190977845084? ... 1439.l2649
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Ever considered clear wrap on the sections most prone to the rash ? It is effective. :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
wonderloaf

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by wonderloaf »

alec.m wrote:I don`t think you can get OEM ones any more. Someone on here bought the following a while ago and said they were a good fit. I bookmarked the page for future reference. Only the rears though
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190977845084? ... 1439.l2649
These look to be the same as the ones available from Halfords, I've trimmed up and fitted a set to my zed and think they look good (almost OEM) ... but would still rather not have them. Unfortunately it's these or the stone chips (which look worse)!

http://www.halfords.com/motoring-travel ... al-mudflap
2001 Titan Silver 2.2 Sport
mid life z
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by mid life z »

Thanks, thought about wrap but don't know of any really reputable suppliers near by. I will also check the links but would really prefer OEM if possible. Thanks again.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

You only need front ones, rear bumper section is plastic, = no rust!
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I think the major concern is the "road rash" on the paint work more than rust. Mud flaps don't prevent rust. IMO they may even increase the opportunity for rust to take hold, since dust will collect in small places and when it gets wet it stays wet longer.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
wonderloaf

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by wonderloaf »

Bonzo wrote:You only need front ones, rear bumper section is plastic, = no rust!
I only put front ones on initially but thought it looked a bit weird so added a second pair to the rear bumper as well ... IMHO much better!

Re the rust issue, I noticed that I had a small amount of the evil stuff at the bottom inner surface of one of the wings, presumably caused by stone chips removing the paint in that area. So in the name of prevention I removed as much as possible, applied some Kurust & paint and fitted the mudflaps. Luckily they should be easily removable so I'll take them off now and then to inspect the area and clean out any debris. Can't see what else I can do!
2001 Titan Silver 2.2 Sport
mid life z
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by mid life z »

well after much searching and without success I found an old thread re Halfords universal mud flaps . I thought for a tenner worth looking at. I bought them and offered them up to the Zed and yes they are not BMW quality but with a little adjustment and patients with a craft knife, Fitted and don't look half bad so now off to purchase a set for the rear and hopefully less pebble dash on the rear arches. Thanks all.