Renovo free.

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Renovo free.

Post by freds dad »

Having an Easter clear out of the garage I have come across a bottle of Renovo roof colour in black that is about two thirds full.
As I now have a new red roof I no longer need it so it is free to a good home. You can either collect from Macclesfield or I will post and you pay the postage cost.
bentley-boy

blank

Re: Renovo free.

Post by bentley-boy »

Hello Freds Dad, I could certainly make use of that as my roof although sound does look it's age. If available please let me know the postage cost.
Thanks. Regards, Adrian
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

When I have the rear window replaced next week the guy has offered a clean for the roof as well. He seems to be an extremely experienced guy (which is why I'm going there) but he is adamant the only cleaning the roof needs is a steam clean. He is also adamant no water proofing is required as that's performed by the inner skin.

So I'm curious what the thinking is for using products like this to clean and re-seal. Are there different schools of thought and both potentially valid?
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

mrscalex wrote:When I have the rear window replaced next week the guy has offered a clean for the roof as well. He seems to be an extremely experienced guy (which is why I'm going there) but he is adamant the only cleaning the roof needs is a steam clean. He is also adamant no water proofing is required as that's performed by the inner skin.

So I'm curious what the thinking is for using products like this to clean and re-seal. Are there different schools of thought and both potentially valid?
I agree with what your man is saying. My roof is almost 17 years old and as far as I know it has never been sealed. Renovo is not a sealer it is a dye and I'm going to use it as the black has faded in a few places before I fit my new rear window (it's been under the bed for 4 years!). However there is quite a strong following for cleaning then sealing and for cars that are kept outside this would probably help keep the dreaded green mould at bay.
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

I always use tent waterproofer in a spray-can. makes the water bead off the roof nicely and is cheap and easy to apply.
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal