2.8 or 3.0 wanted

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
walter05

Z3 roadster 2.8

2.8 or 3.0 wanted

Post by walter05 »

After the regrettable sale of my2.8 Im looking to buy another or possiblya3.0 with sensible mileage.Manual box preferred.Some work not objected to.Can travel for the right motor.Any colour considered.Am based near Derby. No dealers please.
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: 2.8 or 3.0 wanted

Post by alec.m »

Go for a 3.0 Walter. I went for a 3.0 after my 2.8 and it`s so much better. I spent ages looking for a low mileage manual but after a recommendation from a member looked at autos. I`d passed by on quite a few because they weren`t manual. I ended up with an auto, there was a better selection of autos than manuals when I was looking. The auto box on the 3.0 is a delight. Plain auto for pottering about, sports mode for a good kick in the arse and manual if you want to use it that way. I love it.
walter05

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by walter05 »

Thanks for reply.I never really thought about autos but now you got me thinking about one.There does not seem to be many 2.8s about so its back to the drawing board! Regards.
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by alec.m »

You`re welcome. The extra 40ish bhp of the 3.0 is very noticeable after the 2.8. There might be more cars on the market after summer ends. Took me a long time to find what I wanted so be patient.
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

walter05 wrote:After the regrettable sale of my2.8 Im looking to buy another or possiblya3.0 with sensible mileage.Manual box preferred.Some work not objected to.Can travel for the right motor.Any colour considered.Am based near Derby. No dealers please.
There are quite a few even on the first page of this section, mine has rolled over to the second page as I've been on holiday, so haven't actively promoted my advert. I don't know if it's OK to link to my sale thread, so MODs feel free to edit this post if it's not:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=44416
bluedaxcobra

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by bluedaxcobra »

HI there if you are still looking for a stonking 3.0l then I have one for sale and am not far away in Eastwood.

The car is auto and is in Topaz blue and comes with factory hardtop and bag. The running gear and brakes have all been replaced as have the belts and idler pulleys.

BBS split rims and new tyres.
Terry 07814 565509