price of zs

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
walter05

Z3 roadster 2.8

price of zs

Post by walter05 »

Any one else viewed the 3.0zed for sale on fleabay? Looks good and surely cheap for a 3.0 zed,or does someone know its history,only the mileage against it.Seller seems to have 100% record.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: price of zs

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Do you have a link to it?
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-02-BMW-Z ... 1934078153

At that sort of money you could afford to have the engine rebuilt and still have a bargain on your hands. Not that you'd probably need to.

It has crossed my mind if it's a Cat C/D at that price. Not that that would put me off but it would explain it.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
walter05

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by walter05 »

A cat d is what I was thinking.i was reading in another advert where the dealer said he didnt know! Is there any defence for not knowing?
therealdb1

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by therealdb1 »

A dealer doesn't know?
If someone is trading cars on a regular basis then he has the means to find out and should know what he is selling at least for his own piece of mind without taking into account being an honest seller.
Most people have access to a vehicle history these days for a few pounds and there is nothing necessarily wrong with a cat c or cat d car provided that you are aware that is what you are buying.
If a dealer told me that he did not know if the car he was selling was subject to an insurance claim I would walk away because he doesn't have the only Z3 for sale and what else is he not telling you?
Of course, you could do your own homework and use what you find out to negotiate a favourable deal (even lower than the advertised price) if the car is worthy since he doesn't know the history, does he???
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

Curiosity got the better of me and I parted with £2 at mycarcheck.com. It's never been written off.

However the previous owner didn't hang on to it very long as it previously changed hands only in May.

You should be able to see the report for a few days at:

https://www.mycarcheck.com/customers/re ... /RBNXBKDC/

It's got a lot of MOT advisories but it's had these for a number of years so looks like ar*e covering by the MOT tester. They are just the usual thing anyway - slight rust on brake pipes and springs etc.

It might be that the trader bought it at the right price and wants to move it on quickly as it's the end of the season.

I would be taking a serious look myself if I had the readies.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)