Z3 Roof complete - Phase 2

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
gt2200

Z3 roadster 2.8

Z3 Roof complete - Phase 2

Post by gt2200 »

Guys, guess the title says it all.

Had a nightmare last week as I was all booked in to have a new soft-top fitted and thought I'd give the car a nice clean before making the journey down. Took the car for a short run with the sun shining, so naturally had the top down. Got back home, went to put the roof up and 'ping', one of the support beams gave up the ghost and I now need a new roof.

So if anyone has a roof going spare (complete mechanism, must be a lined roof, but fabric / window condition is not important) please drop me a line as desperately needed!

Fingers crossed someone can help.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Z3 Roof complete - Phase 2

Post by Brian H »

This is something I have not heard of before, are you sure it is not the hydraulic ram that has come loose?
gt2200

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gt2200 »

Brian H wrote:This is something I have not heard of before, are you sure it is not the hydraulic ram that has come loose?
Hi Brian, 100% positive on this one :( !
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

PM sent
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".