For Sale - Z3 3.0i Very low mileage - immaculate

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
TorFish

Z3 roadster 3.0i

For Sale - Z3 3.0i Very low mileage - immaculate

Post by TorFish »

Hi - Selling my Z3 3.0i - beautiful condition, very much admired at BMW shows. Selling due to house move and no garage.
£9,500
Contact - Tor 01799500171

Only two very careful owners from new.
Mileage 40,340 - Only driven in summer months.
Beautiful body shape, power hood and lovely rounded boot.
All receipts for parts and service (since my ownership) are available.
Previous owner had from new and sold the car when he reached 80 years young.
Never thrashed - perfect for an enthusiast as an investment.
Only selling as moving to a home with no garage.

Topaz Blue Metallic
Interior Topaz Blue Oregon Leather
Extras from new all factory fitted and in immaculate condition.
Matt Chrome Interior
Dark Blue Hood
Dynamic Stability Control
Chrome line exterior
Roll over protection
Floor mats
Chrome line interior
Sports seats (heated)
Harman Kardon Hi Fi (6 CD changer in boot)
Limited Slip Diff (25%)
Thatcham Alarm system
Electric Operated Hood
M steering wheel
Air conditioning
BMW business RDS
Wind protector (stops your hat flying off)
Fully fitted storage cover for inside use only.
Attachments
IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0167.JPG (80.26 KiB) Viewed 6610 times
IMG_0166.JPG
IMG_0166.JPG (90.49 KiB) Viewed 6611 times
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: For Sale - Z3 3.0i Very low mileage - immaculate

Post by lightning »

These cars are great value for what you get, when you look at other modern classics. They can only go up in value. Look at values for the Ford Capri 2.8 for instance.
And the Z3 is much better made, with few corrosion issues. Buy yours now! It can't last.
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

Nice car :)

For those who maybe get confused between Sport seats and Sport model this is a non-Sport though.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
TorFish

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by TorFish »

Hi
Price reduction on my Z3 to £8950.
Torfish
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

Mine was unsold at £8,000 and very similar to this one.
Nobody even came to see it.
Same colour, identical mileage, with hardtop, plus mine is the M Sport version. I think these 3.0 Z3's are undervalued at present.
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Sadly, I suspect the general car buying public just view Z3s as old cars and thus have a "price cap" in their minds which is not close to £8,000. :(
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

lightning wrote:Mine was unsold at £8,000 and very similar to this one.
Nobody even came to see it.

I think these 3.0 Z3's are undervalued at present.

or maybe overpriced.
the viewpoint is different as an owner, to a buyer, but a sold one will ultimately will determine the real value.

My wife's Z3 (though certainly not a 3.0) I thought would be difficult to sell earlier last month so I signed up for a 6 week Autotrader advert. It sold in 3 days with a remote buyer who didn't even view it. My email inbox was full and my phone kept ringing, and I got the full advertised price which was almost 40% more than I saw some others advertised for, the lower price what I was realistically expecting.
Maybe I still undervalued it, but its not on my drive anymore, and I am more than happy with what I got, rather than reflecting on what it should have/ could have/ would like to get whilst it stays unsold.

Just a different view ...

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Jeano-M

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Jeano-M »

As above post. My 2 litre sold yesterday via an ad on the other side. I am sure we could have made more off it but it has gone to a new enthusiast who will enjoy it and we got a quick pleasant sale. Parking it at the end of our drive with home made for sale signs generated a fair bit of local interest and I think would have got a sale eventually, there are probably quite a few in your neck of the woods secretly fancying a nice car like yours.
Nice 3litres seem to go quickly for around the 5k to 6k mark but it just depends on your own desire/need to sell where you price it. There will always be a middle ground where buyer and seller can meet when you finally find each other.
Good luck
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

I think you both have a valid point.

Realistically l guess my Z3 would sell quickly for £6,000. It's not yet old enough for "classic" status, which seems to be a byword for values to double every five years.

I'm happy to keep the Z3. It's a great car, l was only selling to buy a Lancia Fulvia but having looked at a few l can't bring myself to take on another ltalian car.
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

Within a certain corridor there isn't a right or wrong price. Just more or less interest.

At £8k you'll be counting the interest on the fingers of one hand. But then you only need 1 enquiry to come off anyway. At £7k you may need 2 hands worth of fingers. At £6k you'll get both your hands bitten off and possibly your arms too :)
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

Not sure l want all my fingers bitten off, they are fairly useful things, fingers.

Seriously though, l am sure you are quite right.
Z3crazy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Z3crazy »

To be honest, looking at the prices these cars command on the continent, it's not really exhorbitant.

My 1.9, 2000, cost 9250 Euro in The Netherlands, which is a the going price for an almost immaculate example. Perfect paint, 90K miles, few extra's. Hard tops run at about 1000 euro's extra. The thing is, there aren't too many 2,8's and above on the market, so punters have the price of 1.8's and 1.9's in their head.

Most 6 cylinder Z3's go for between 10.000 and 70.000 euro's (depending on engine size and mileage). That's between 8.5K and 60K pounds.

Check out the Dutch market http://www.gaspedaal.nl/BMW/Z3/?srt=pr-a&p=2 . At the bottom of page 2 there are some really ridiculously priced cars.

Dave.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
Z3 1.9 2000, Cosmos Schwartz
Julie Z3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Julie Z3 »

Ferry crossing to the Hook of Holland looks to be on the cards lol