NOW SOLD BMW Z3 Roadster 2.2 2001(X)

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
tom_sk

Z3 roadster 2.2i

NOW SOLD BMW Z3 Roadster 2.2 2001(X)

Post by tom_sk »

BMW Z3 Roadster 2.2 2001(X) Facelift model Only 42581 miles

MOT until 7 July 2018 (it has only covered 39 miles since last test!)

Titan Silver Metallic with Topaz Blue Oregon leather. Chrome Line interior.

M54B22 all-aluminium Inline 6cyl 24v 2200 cc Dual Vanos engine producing max power 170bhp and max torque 210 Nm

Manual 5sp gearbox. Braided clutch hose / CDV delete.

Alloy wheels (BMW Star-Spoke 55) 16” with matching set of Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres with 6mm tread.

DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) – switchable.

Power hood (electro-hydraulic), black, lined inside. In excellent condition, fully waterproof (slight fold mark on rear window but visibility still good).

Electric windows, door mirrors, seat adjustment.

Immobiliser and alarm, incorporating tilt alarm and zoned interior movement (which enables alarm to operate with top down).

Kenwood stereo radio/mp3 CD player with uprated speakers. Prep for 6CD player in boot.

Fog lights (front & rear) Clear indicator lenses.

Rollover protection system.

Body is in superb condition (not mint – it’s 17 years old!)
Underbody/sills solid
Just slight scuff to O/S door mirror (absolutely no corrosion to bases) – easy fix.
Few slight marks on front spoiler -again, easy fix

Documented service history, a mix of main dealer (4), independent (1) and owner servicing (3)
Last oil service at 41500 miles – 5 green lights remaining.

2 previous owners: the first (7 years 21k miles) in the family of the supplying dealer John Clark BMW (Autotecnic), Dundee, the second a zroadster.net forum member (3 years 16k miles)

I have owned the car since 1st April 2011 (7 years) covering just under 5 500 miles.

I bought this when I retired and spent many months searching for a really good one as I intended to keep it forever.
Unfortunately I am very reluctantly having to sell her (and my cherished BMW e39 5 Series!).
Due to worsening arthritis in my knees gear changing is getting more and more painful and spoils the pleasure of driving her. Time has come to go for an auto box!

The car has always been garaged in my ownership (and I believe with the previous owners as well).
She only comes out in dry weather; in fact I’ve only had the hood up once (that was the day I brought her home for the first time)!

The car has been superbly reliable. Apart from routine servicing, all I’ve had to do is replace the two front coil springs, the water pump (metal impeller replacement) and Bosch S5 battery.

In the summer months (Apr-Sep) I take her out at least once a week for a 50+ miles run (and a wash!) and the other 6 months aim to take her out at least every 2/3 weeks for the same. I have never used her as a daily driver, nor did the previous owner I should imagine as he worked abroad.

This car is a pleasure to drive! The power and torque of the 2.2l engine in a relatively light body will allow quite spirited driving especially using the gearbox to take advantage of the variable valve timing from the double vanos system. It’s a much better experience than with the 1.9/1.8 four cylinder units.
It sounds fantastic when revved and it pops and burbles on over-run (which earned many favourable comments in original road tests! )
I am trained in advanced driving, so although it has been driven ‘to it’s full potential’, it has never been abused!

The DSC function is a step up from the old ASC. It incorporates ADB (Automatic Differential Braking) which replicates the conventional diff lock, CBC (Corner Brake Control) which extends abs during high lateral acceleration i.e. fast cornering/rapid lane change and DBC (Dynamic Brake Control) which adds extra servo boost when abs kicks in.
You can toggle between DSC/ADB with the console switch or, if you’re of a similar vintage to me, give it an extended (3 secs) press to switch all off and re-live ‘seat-of-the-pants’ driving!

Car comes with:
M Sport steering wheel
Polished aluminium ‘Z3 Roadster’ interior sill covers
OEM velour over mats
Full BMW owners book pack in wallet
Full set of 4 keys (2 master keys, valet key, spare key)
Previous MOT certificates, invoices, receipts etc.

In the boot:
Full set of OEM tools (most unused), OEM warning triangle

This is a genuine car from a real enthusiast. It’s a very reluctant sale and I wouldn’t hesitate to keep her if I had the space as she will not depreciate in value and who knows, I may get my knees fixed one day! Hence, I am not open to ‘silly’ offers.

Please contact me with any questions and look at the additional photos on https://cormacki.imgur.com/ (click on an image for an enlarged view)

This is thought by many to be one of the more desirable Z3s and accounted for only about 10% of total production. Carefully looked after, I can’t imagine the value ever falling.

I would not consider anything other than a very close offer at this stage as I think it should attract some interest and I may consider trying an auction.

The car will be advertised elsewhere after the weekend (Mon 23rd)

FORUM MEMBERS ONLY:For the full asking price (or very close offer) I will include any or all of the spares/mods i.e.- chrome gills, OEM mesh wind deflector, tonneau cover, door cards, first aid kit, OEM aerial (listed in separate advert viewtopic.php?f=11&t=45651), also a socket for the oil filter housing and an airbag reset tool.

Price £5950

Car is located near Grimsby, N E Lincs and is collection only.
Last edited by tom_sk on Mon 07 May, 2018 23:20, edited 4 times in total.
2001 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver/Blue Leather (left home :bawl: ) and his big brother 2002 e39 2.2 Titan Silver/Grey Leather (leaving soon :bawl: :bawl: )
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: FOR SALE BMW Z3 Roadster 2.2 2001(X)

Post by mrscalex »

That I think, is one of the earliest of the 2.2 RHD manual cars off the production line.

It may account for why it entered and stayed in the hands of the supplying dealer and his family.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
tom_sk

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by tom_sk »

mrscalex wrote: Tue 17 Apr, 2018 14:57 That I think, is one of the earliest of the 2.2 RHD manual cars off the production line.

It may account for why it entered and stayed in the hands of the supplying dealer and his family.
First reg: 16-1-2001 so you may be right. Not sure when the first ones came off the line :)
2001 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver/Blue Leather (left home :bawl: ) and his big brother 2002 e39 2.2 Titan Silver/Grey Leather (leaving soon :bawl: :bawl: )
tom_sk

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by tom_sk »

CAR NOW SOLD!