Apologies for downtime

Any site announcements will be made here. Also the place to make suggestions to help improve this site. Also use this forum for reporting suspected errors or for asking 'how to' questions.
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Apologies for downtime

Post by Zmeagol »

Sorry about the hack. Hopefully back to normal.

Looks like some more holes to fill.

Tim

Post by Guest »

Thanks for fixing this so quickly Tim, especially as you're only just back from abroad.

Did they do much damage or was it just a case of sibersoldier letting people know how clever he was.

Regards

Simon
Phoenix Nights

Not specified

Post by Phoenix Nights »

Sibersoldier.... :(

It amazes me that some people have nothing better to do than waste other people's time. I bet his mother is very proud.

Thanks to everyone for getting the forum back and running.
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Thanks for fixing the board back so quickly, your not the only board that was hacked! as this dumb fool has been very busy

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q= ... arch&meta=
Open and close with German style and ingenuity!
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Yes, well done. When I looked at Google and saw how many sites he had taken over, I thought it was going to be a long wait.

Three cheers for Tim...

:king:
Pingu
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Yiiiieaaaahhhhhyyyy - the forum is back! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks for the good work in bringing the forum back up! It's been a very difficult couple of days, I've been getting withdrawal symptoms, going cold turkey! :lol:

I hate hackers and alike - they are no different to asbo yobs who graffiti and damage other people's properties - only difference is they are slightly cleverer or think they are!

Sibersoldier - you would have thought someone this clever would have got Cyber correctly! unless he/she's from Siberia!
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Has anybody else noticed that the new post markers don't seem to disappear once you have read the post? This was a useful feature to have - was a customisation that has been lost? Or has it been removed as a security precaution?

Another little issue I'm having is that the login seems to go for an https connection rather than plain old http. The web server doesn't seem to be setup for this, so the connection just times out. Solution is just to remove the "s" from https and press return.

Thanks R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

no apology required , I don't think this can be blamed on the mods, just glad to see it back . There are not enough sweary words for small minded hackers .......bloody geeks
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
bigfut

M roadster S50

Post by bigfut »

Great to see the forum back up again.

I can't undersatnd the mentality of folk. :joker: Maybe he is clever, maybe not, but just because you can do something like that dosn't mean you need to. :head:

Anyway, didnt acheive much for very long. :lol:

Nice one Tim
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Tim,

Thanks so much for restoring the forum! Its amazing how much you miss it when it's down and inaccessible.

As regards the hacker, hope he gets some severe and incurable uro-genitary infection! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thanks again Tim!

Best

Conor
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Oh it feels so good to be back :-)

Howdy Folks! :D :D :D

Px
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Robert T wrote:Another little issue I'm having is that the login seems to go for an https connection rather than plain old http. The web server doesn't seem to be setup for this, so the connection just times out. Solution is just to remove the "s" from https and press return.

Thanks R.
Fixed, thanks.

Tim
madmare

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by madmare »

Good to be back .....
cleomantra

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by cleomantra »

yipeee you fixed it :D :D
And a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig thank you :D :D
Shraz

M coupe S50

Post by Shraz »

Welcome back. I did trawl a few other sites to see if anyone was posting updates but didn't find much lol. I was worried that perhaps many posts would be lost but very happy to see that's not the case.
SledgeHammer

M roadster S50

Post by SledgeHammer »

Know how you guys are feeling, half a year ago the dutch forum went offline for just one day and was already experiencing some strange symptoms. :lol:

You guys are always welcome on z3forum.nl when this forum goes down again. :mrgreen:
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

SledgeHammer wrote:Know how you guys are feeling, half a year ago the dutch forum went offline for just one day and was already experiencing some strange symptoms. :lol:

You guys are always welcome on z3forum.nl when this forum goes down again. :mrgreen:
Thanks Sledgy ..........must take a look ;-)
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
easytiger

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by easytiger »

Thanks for getting the site back up. Siberkn*b more like, where do the prats get off?
Its a beautiful thing
Mark & Francesca
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by calbens »

Tim your a Star!
I can't believe how much I've missed this place.

Bex :D
PeteH

Z4 M roadster

Post by PeteH »

Good to see you guys are back up and running :D There are some sad individuals out there :evil: Lets hope that a large power surge hits them at the earliest opportunity!

Cheers,

Pete
ChrisXL

M roadster S50

Post by ChrisXL »

whiteminks wrote:
SledgeHammer wrote:Know how you guys are feeling, half a year ago the dutch forum went offline for just one day and was already experiencing some strange symptoms. :lol:

Thanks Sledgy ..........must take a look ;-)
Bring a dictionary :wink:
Member of Team Lauterbrunnen
http://www.fnbc.nl/
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

Thanks Tim and mates, Great to see you back on line. "Doin the BEST job". Phew -- some catching up to do. YAAAAHOOOO! ! !
Don't drink and drive home -
Take the Zd and fly home -
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

SledgeHammer wrote: You guys are always welcome on z3forum.nl when this forum goes down again. :mrgreen:
I guested on a German Z forum whilst zroadster was down - some interesting translations from Google translator :lol: