Timing problems on posts resolved

Any site announcements will be made here. Also the place to make suggestions to help improve this site. Also use this forum for reporting suspected errors or for asking 'how to' questions.
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Timing problems on posts resolved

Post by Zmeagol »

Tim to hosting company wrote:We are getting posts on our phpBB forum reported out of order, see viewtopic.php?t=3455 where the third post on the thread was posted first. This has happened before when servers have been down and the time is now incorrect.
hosting company wrote:We have changed the time on the server which is now correct. We would like to apologise for any inconveniences this may have caused.
Tim wrote:There's still a problem, see viewtopic.php?p=26127 This posting was made a couple of seconds ago at 12:05, yet it is reported as 11:50.
Hosting company wrote:You are correct, we forgot to also modify the time on the other server as your website is hosted on a load balanced server. The request you made at the time for that particular page was subsequently handled by the second load balance server which still had the incorrect time. If you try and access the forum again, the time should now be displayed correctly

Problem now resolved.

Tim
OliZ

M roadster S50

Post by OliZ »

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for the detalied info and taking the time to get it solved. Much appreciated! :nerd:
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Chronological?

Post by Alfie »

Tim.

Can you get something done about posts appearing out of order?

Thanks
Alfie.
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

Alfie - that's what Tim's talking about (in a roundabout fashion) :!: :shock: :lol:
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Re: Chronological?

Post by Zmeagol »

Alfie wrote:Can you get something done about posts appearing out of order?
Not without going into the SQL database and modding each of the affected posts, and I don't have the time. Sorry.

Tim
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

It was just a GAG!

Post by Alfie »

Giles wrote:Alfie - that's what Tim's talking about (in a roundabout fashion) :!: :shock: :lol:
Zmeagol wrote:Not without going into the SQL database and modding each of the affected posts, and I don't have the time. Sorry.

Tim
D'OH....

No, No, No....
It was s'posed to be a joke!

I asked if Tim could fix the timing problems and his answer appears BEFORE the question....

GEDDIT? :roll:

I guess it was just too subtle for this time of the morning!

A.