Interior Trim Repair

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Vixi

Z3 roadster 1.9i
Location: Swindon/Wilts/StGermans/Cornwall www.goldplating.org.uk

Interior Trim Repair

Post by Vixi »

Hi All
I have a few scratches on my cream console trim by the hand brake
Bmw have quoated £187.00 for a whole new part , the rest is fine , they cant just replace the bit by the handbrake

I have found someone localy who does trim repair , and I was wondering if anyone else had gone down this route , and if so were you satisfied with the results ? and has it lasted

To be honest mine is hardly noticble , but it will bug me and over time and it will probably get worse

Many thanks
Vixi :lol:
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Are you talking about the bit just in front of the handbrake where you thumb catches it?
If so I'd be very interested in solutions as the same thing is happening to ours.
There is a thin plastic coating or veneer which chips and then peels off progressively exposing a slightly lighter coloured substrate :(
Image :devil:
Vixi

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Vixi »

Hi Titan :lol:

Sounds very sim , I will try and get a pic up for you to see
I am going to pop to the repair place next sat for the guy to have a look and I will let you know what he says

But if anyone else has had repair done, please can you let me know if the results lasted

Many thanks V
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Here you go Vixi

Ours is a slightly different colour :oops: but the symptoms sound the same.

Image[/img]

It looks as though the whole piece below the handbrake and back to the rear switches should be replaceable but I can't establish the part No from OEM
It looks like 12 on the link below but the diagram doesn't match what I can see in the car (even after compensation for LH drive :))
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=51&fg=35
Vixi

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Vixi »

Snap thats it , I popped to BMW this morning and they can only replace the whole console and its £187.00 :shock: rather a lot for a cosmetic

I would prefer to spend that sort of money on keeping the engine and running of the car in good order

Anyway this guy may be able to do something this is the website http://www.radisol.com/damageundone/index.htm
He is local to me in Wiltshire so not sure if its to far for you if he can do it I will let you know
V :lol:
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

That's great Vixi - thanks for the link
I certainly won't be doing anything before we go France ( only 8 more sleeps :wink: ) but would be very interested to see how you get on.
I presume it's an in-situ repair and Wilts is a bit far from up 'ere in t'frozen north but let's see what the finished product comes out like :)