Z3 M mods (Eisenmann, Simota, Evolve)

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Carlee

M coupe S50

Z3 M mods (Eisenmann, Simota, Evolve)

Post by Carlee »

Hello!

Thinkin of some upgrades for my M.

I have just ordered Eisenmann Race 4x76mm exhaust and are now thinkin of buying Simota Carbon Intake and Evolve Remap Stage 3.

Is it someone here who is running this setup?

Do I have to take my car to Evolve or is it "DIY" job(for the ecu install)?
Z3M Coupé -99
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Carlee

I have the remap and simota.

You can fit the Simota yourself in 15 mins.

The remap has to be done at their place. You could do the physical remap anywhere with the right equipment but you should really get the car dyno'd before/after.

It is well worth a trip down there to get it done, great guys.

Make sure the car is running well first and ideally

1) get dyno'd
2) fit exhaust
3) go to evolve
4) get dyno'd (nb two different dyno machines will give slightly different results
5) fit simota
6) get dyno'd
7) remap
8) dyno

That way you can see difference from each element. Or you cold just get dyno'd at evolve pre/post remap.

I'm going to look at that exhaust next year so let us know how you get on with it :wink:

nb. (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but its not worth getting a live remap with this setup (need more engine mods to justify this) but their standard remap (they developed over the years so well refined) is all thats needed, so it really does not matter what order you "fit things" :wink:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Carlee

M coupe S50

Post by Carlee »

Ahh ok!
It's a little bit to far, I thought it was like an "chip" that I could install myself and only needed to visit "Evolve" for custom map.
I'm also thinkin of getting catdeleters with an X-pipe, mostly for the sound :)

Right now am I looking for Simota Carbon Intake, they seem to be a little tricky to get hold of..:/

Thanks for a good answer :thumb:
Z3M Coupé -99
Carlee

M coupe S50

Post by Carlee »

Just got an email from Evolve. They said that I could send my ECU to them to get it "mapped" :)
Z3M Coupé -99
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Sounds good, not sure how easy it is to remove but is just a serial link to update (takes quite a while as they have to download your original map to backup and then upload the replacement map, at serial speeds).
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Carlee

M coupe S50

Post by Carlee »

U got any vids when you are driving? Would be very nice to see :D
Z3M Coupé -99
Carlee

M coupe S50

Post by Carlee »

Finally found the item no. of the Simota intake:

http://search.simota.com/search_03.php? ... Engine=3.2

Hopefully my Eisenmann exhaust arrives next week :D
Z3M Coupé -99
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Carlee wrote:U got any vids when you are driving? Would be very nice to see :D
Not really but I can do better, here is the car on the Evolve Dyno

and my Simota install can be found if you do a search on "Simota AND Install"

I have the Eismann 76mm Race Exhausts on my new ///M and they sounds the nuts. I would defo go for the Race spec as not too loud as to be annoying but get your attention, actually surprisingly quiet inside car with hardtop on (so would be same in your coupe) :wink:

ImageVideo
Last edited by Jonttt on Fri 04 Sep, 2009 22:53, edited 1 time in total.
Carlee

M coupe S50

Post by Carlee »

Jonttt wrote:
Carlee wrote:U got any vids when you are driving? Would be very nice to see :D
Not really but I can do better, here is the car on the Evolve Dyno

and my Simota install can be found if you do a search on "Simota AND Install"

I have the Eismann 76mm Race Exhausts on my new ///M and they sounds the nuts. I would defo go for the Race spec as not too loud as to be annoying but get your attention, actually surprisingly quiet inside car with hardtop on (so would be same in your coupe) :wink:
Ok. The vid does not work :?

Woho, very nice! Eisenmann Race +S54= Sick! Love your car btw :)

I've ordered it with Race sound and 4x76mm. Actually this is my third car with Eisenmann Race. The first was a 330iM E46 -02 and second my "M538" E28 with S38B38 engine with no cats, the sound was insane. 8-)
Z3M Coupé -99
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

should work but you need to click on it :wink:
Carlee

M coupe S50

Post by Carlee »

Jonttt wrote:should work but you need to click on it :wink:
It says "The action that you were trying to perform has failed. Photobucket" :?
Z3M Coupé -99
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

mmmmm not sure what was wrong buy redone so try again :wink:
rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

Okay, slow down here. Excuse my ignorance as I just drive the damn things, but what the heck is an Evolve Remap stage 3. Plain English please.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Actually now you mention it I'm not sure why you want need a stage 3 remap. I thought that would only benefit after a serious engine hardware upgrade?

I thought their standard remap was fine for "air" mods ie intake/exhaust ?

Have you spoken to them about a stage 3 ?

Oh RGF there are different levels of remap.

Most remaps are standard maps developed to improve engine management. They work by improving the OEM maps which are often generic and have to meet lots of criteria. A good remap will not only improve throttle response and performance but can improve MPG as well.

Standard remaps are developed on a "standard" car and then copied to other similar cars which get the benefit of all the previous testing.

However, if you do serious mods to an engine these standard remaps don't work so well and require "tailored" remaps for that individual engine / car. These are a lot more time consuming / expensive and require a lot more skill (its easy to copy an existing remap, the skill is in developing them in the first place). These "tailored" remaps are often referred to as "Live" remaps as they are developed whilst the car is running on the dyno or even on the road.

Its worth noting that a lot of "mapping" companies offer "live" remaps that are nothing more than standard remaps just copied. They call then Live so people think they are getting a bargain.

Evolve are well respected remappers of all types of BMW's. They do a lot of R&D into their remaps and often feature in the main BMW magazines for their work developing remaps for the current ranges of BMW's. They did a lot of work on the Z3's and their standard remaps were fine tuned over many years.

Hope this helps clarify :wink:
rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

Thanks Jontt.
I'll read this a couple of more times and it might sink in. Damn that second bottle!
Carlee

M coupe S50

Post by Carlee »

Jontt:

Yes ive spoked to them and it was no problem.

Got my Eisenmann Race today, sound is sick :D
Z3M Coupé -99