Hoses

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
benny

Z3 roadster 1.9

Hoses

Post by benny »

Im going to treat her to some braided hoses and upgrade the brakes too. Is there much difference in performance between the standard hoses and the braided ones?
How much should i expect to pay for these?
Thanks for any info
SP30

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by SP30 »

Hi,
I used to fit them to all my cars.. but have found that: if you bleed the fluid often and don't do track days there is no real need.

But to answer you questions cost around £65 and should firm up and give you better feel. You will get less fade, because when the brake fluid heats up rubber lines expand but of course they would of been replaced with braided so this won't happen. :zmurf:
Mike123

M roadster S50

Braided Hoses

Post by Mike123 »

Just changed clutch and brake hoses to braided on 60k mile Z3M Roadster.
Still bedding in the brakes, so not yet used in anger, but the gear change is noticably less notchy.
The brakes are the one area where improvement is a necessity IMHO, especially for an occasional track day.
If you are upgrading the brakes this is probably the least of your expenditure - £50 brake hoses (Goodridge), £20 clutch hose (Earls eBay) + fitting.
It really depends how long you intend to keep the car, and the type of use.
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

Hi I've had my Z3 for just over a year, and I love it. :D
I've heard that you could change the clutch hose to stop the gears being notchy. So, my question is, as I only have trouble with first gear, would you reccomend that I change the clutch hose? :?:
Mike123

M roadster S50

Clutch Hose

Post by Mike123 »

My gear change (60k miles) was generally OK, just slight occasional notchiness - usually when I needed a slick change!
£20 including postage from Earls plus about an hours fit and bleed - I wouldn't hesitate.