Group Buy! -eisenmann Exhausts...

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
easyrider

M roadster S50

Group Buy! -eisenmann Exhausts...

Post by easyrider »

I am very seriously thinking bout an Eisenmann exaust for my ///M roadster. If anyone else has been thinking about this a group buy 'maybe' able to be negotiated... Who knows? If you are interested let me know.
They are usually £750-800 I am reliably told....

http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/eisenmann.shtml

:?: :idea: :twisted:

[Moderator: the link on the CA Automotive site to the second page of listings is incorrect. It should be http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/eisenmann2.shtml. It's also likely there's an extra zero somewhere in the cost of the Z8 exhaust!]
4-Pipes
M Roaster

M roadster S50

Post by M Roaster »

sign me in on that!!!
I want a medium loudness 70 mm tips
easyrider

M roadster S50

Post by easyrider »

I Can Confirm That The Imported Has Offered 10% Off 3 Systems And 20% Off 5 Or More Systems...

This Is Good News, Please Let Me Know If You Are Interested. I Am Told That This Is The Best Exhaust And If You Read This Site, I Am Sure You Will Agree This Is The Consensus!

Roll Up, Roll Up! :d
4-Pipes
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

Just as a point of reference - there are tips available in 70 mm or 83mm

These are 70mm - and are not much larger than stock (about 2mm)

These are 83mm and are about 15mm larger than stock

M Roaster

M roadster S50

Post by M Roaster »

I'm a looow profile bloke but with fierce thirst for POWER... and high end quality products...

I'm for the 70mm!!!

Anyone else??? (Apart easyrider of course)
easyrider

M roadster S50

Post by easyrider »

The more commonality we can keep the better for the price i also want 70mm tips which is good as m-roadster, you also want 70mm. I want racing but I believe you want medium... Thats ok, but don't you wanna hear it SCREAM! GARGLE AND BREATH FIRE!!! :twisted:

SO SO FAR THERE IS TWO OF US... DO WE HAVE ATHIRD TAKER?
C'MON YOU KNOW YOU WANT TOO! :D
4-Pipes
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

All the pipes are made to order so you should be able to negotiate a deal with Sven regardless... mention my name, Giles and Tim's as he's dealt with us all.
M Roaster

M roadster S50

Come on!

Post by M Roaster »

Come on you people!!! Whats he matter with you guys? Where are all the petroleads?

We've got:

-Easyrider
-M Roaster (me)
-?
'MC' MarkC

M coupe S50

Post by 'MC' MarkC »

Ok, I'm in. Definately the 83mm for me, preferable to the 'shrinking violet' look of the 70mm/standard tips.

A few more, and we could form a break-off forum; "Eisenmannregister.net". We could have 'real-exhaust-only Cruises' :geek: :roll:
ACS susp., exhaust, wheels, short-shift +decat (Supersprint)+CF intake with K&N, remapped ECU, Strong-strutt. Piranha carbon-metallic clutch, EBC Grooved & Dimpled+Redstuff Ceramics. ACS pedals, gearknob & handbrake, stick-on plates.
M Roaster

M roadster S50

Post by M Roaster »

We've got:

-Easyrider
-M Roaster (me)
-mbmwx
-?

Easyrider:

How many of us do you reckon we need to get a peoper group buy price?

Cheers
easyrider

M roadster S50

Post by easyrider »

Excellent news!
3 was my suggested minimum and we have a guaranteed 10% off!
I think with negotiation I could push for a more favorable 20%!!!

If we had say... 2 more ithink we would be guaranteed 20% off!

WE ARE GATHERING MOMENTUM HERE!!! M ROADSTER IS BOOSTING MORALE AND MBMWX HAS ALSO SEEN THE LIGHT!

Shall we set a deadline for the end of this month?

What better to do with your money! Give your MZ3 a new set of balls!

We are on 3!
--------------- :D :arrow:
4-Pipes
easyrider

M roadster S50

Post by easyrider »

NOTE: mbmwx, please specify which sound/performance level you require, there are 3 levels. Standard, Performance and Racing.
Most people recommend racing loudness as this gives thre best power gain. I am told it is not rediculas but just sounds great. David or Guiles will tell you more if you are undecided... Got you down for 83mm tips though! :shock: No probs. :D
4-Pipes
ZZZEMMCO
Z Register organiser

M coupe S50

Eisenmanns Racing

Post by ZZZEMMCO »

What is the decibels for the 83mm Racing , Where does the supplied system connect From, After the Kat---???????.Put some Price,s UP on screen, for 3 -5 - 7- +, delivery times, if deposits are req, etc etc. :arrow:
safetyfast
'MC' MarkC

M coupe S50

Post by 'MC' MarkC »

83mm, and, of course, none of your namby-pamby fart-in-a-bucket sound, I'll have the racing please :D .
ACS susp., exhaust, wheels, short-shift +decat (Supersprint)+CF intake with K&N, remapped ECU, Strong-strutt. Piranha carbon-metallic clutch, EBC Grooved & Dimpled+Redstuff Ceramics. ACS pedals, gearknob & handbrake, stick-on plates.
DavidO

Porsche

Post by DavidO »

Does the order have to be all for M systems?. If it helps to make up the numbers, for the bigger discount, I may be interested, as I have been considering a replacement Eisenmann system for my 2.8.
David O
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Re: Eisenmanns Racing

Post by Zmeagol »

ZZZEMMCO wrote:What is the decibels for the 83mm Racing , Where does the supplied system connect From, After the Kat---???????.Put some Price,s UP on screen, for 3 -5 - 7- +, delivery times, if deposits are req, etc etc. :arrow:
Decibel indications: http://www.eisenhaus.com/sounddetails.html
Some performance guidelines: http://www.eisenhaus.com/perfdetails.html
easyrider

M roadster S50

Post by easyrider »

DAVID O and Co.

Having spoke to them I know that they would be more than happy to do a 2.8 system also. Basically, commonality obviously help with the tooling, but the driving factor in getting the cost down is NUMBERS!
So I feel sure there will be no problem negotiating an equal dicount for the 2.8 system as well.

:!: Safety in numbers! :!:

DAVID O, Please let me know if you are interested...

MBMWX, got you on the Racing with 83mm tips.

ZZZEMMCO, let me know if you would like to go ahead....

So potentially, we have:

easyrider: 70mm-RACING
m-roadster: 70mm-Medium
mbmwx: 83mm-RACING

DavidO: 2.8 system???-Possible (Please specify tube size and performance)

Upon agreement at the end of the month/1st week of next month we will all require phoning through on my instruction after I have negotiated the BEST price and giving a deposit individually to commit ourselves... Ok :?:
4-Pipes
DavidO

Porsche

Post by DavidO »

Certainly interested. Couple of questions:

1. (inconsequential) When you say "commonality of tooling", are these not systems from stock or do Eisenmann only build to order.

2. The German web site seems to offer only 60mm and 70mm for the 2.8. But the US site appears to offer 76mm as well. Am I looking in the right place for the options?

3. Do you have the all inclusive base prices, in sterling, before any discount?

4. Does anyone know of a 2.8 that has used Eisenmann's 4 pipe conversion?. Looking at the images, I am not sure it would even serve the cosmetic purpose properly.
David O
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

If you talk to Sven there are in fact 2 systems really, std and racing but the first has 1 db setting & the latter has 2 db settings that is caused by the material/design used in the muffler and not the flow of the exhaust.. in that respect noise does not have a bearing on back pressure per se and Eisemann could not conclude at the time of my order that the noisier system is more powerful.. instead it comes down to taste.

The 2 systems are;
+4db
+12db

For those who want to attend track days etc I'd check whether the louder system will breach drive by regs (i.e @4000rpm). However you should be okay as the Eisemann system only really frees up after 5000rpm and is very quiet at idle. :| even then it is stil some way short of a full racing system.

Enjoy yourselves guys - I cannot recommend the Eisemann cat-back kit enough. :D The sound is awesome.
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

I didn't know CA Autotech are now stocking Eisemann. Are you guys going direct or through CA Autotech? If so then ask for Roy and tell him Jon Beckett sent you tho' I expect you're getting a discount for going direct.

CA Automotive-Technologies Ltd SOLE UK IMPORTER
Tel: +44 (0)1252 792 572 / 793344 (Line 2 and fax)
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

DavidO wrote: do Eisenmann only build to order.
Yes they do
DavidO wrote: The German web site seems to offer only 60mm and 70mm for the 2.8. But the US site appears to offer 76mm as well. Am I looking in the right place for the options?
The german site is correct - the US site also listed 76 mm for the M Pipes - but these don't exist - I am not sure if they are still listed now - as their mistake was pointed out to them
AllTorque

M roadster S50

Post by AllTorque »

Bought my M Roadster yesterday. Am seriously interested in this if it pumps up the volume a bit. Couple of questions:

- how do I get it fitted? Can we organise a reputable garage to do a days fitting for us all or something?

- is it a "tell your insurance company" job?
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

AllTorque wrote:Bought my M Roadster yesterday. Am seriously interested in this if it pumps up the volume a bit. Couple of questions:

- how do I get it fitted? Can we organise a reputable garage to do a days fitting for us all or something?

- is it a "tell your insurance company" job?
Very worthwhile.. :D The Eisemann really gets going above 4000rpm. If you want loud all the way then go for the +12db whereas I run the +4db with no signs of loss of power.

Yes - any std exhaust must be declared. I pay an additonal £27 for mine, which is a flat rate for non-OEM.

Any exhaust fitters can do the work. It's only 2 brackets and a straight replacement for the std pipes and cat-backs. Fitting - you're looking at £50 most likely.

CA Auotech have aid that they'll give a discoutn for a group order.. more the merrier and this deal is unlikely to be repeated anytime soon. 8-)

Rgds
:D
M Roaster

M roadster S50

Summary

Post by M Roaster »

Eesyrider:

Would you please do a summary?

P.S Do you know that Roy is actually called Rui and he's portuguese? :P
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Re: Summary

Post by M Blur »

M Roaster wrote:Eesyrider:

Would you please do a summary?

P.S Do you know that Roy is actually called Rui and he's portuguese? :P
I just call him Vin (or git if he gets an order wrong.. [joke]) :lol:
easyrider

M roadster S50

Post by easyrider »

DAVID O, Have you come to a decision, if so state size of tube tips and loudness rating.

MBMWX, got you on the Racing with 83mm tips.

ZZZEMMCO, let me know if you have decided.. tips/loudness etc.

AllTorque: Can you let me know if you are game... tips/loudness

Zmurf: Can you let me know if you are game... tips/loudness

So we now have definate orders on:

easyrider: 70mm-RACING
m-roadster: 70mm-Medium
mbmwx: 83mm-RACING

Upon agreement at the end of the month/1st week of next month we will all require phoning through on my instruction after I have negotiated the BEST price and giving a deposit individually to commit ourselves... Ok

The pace is gathering and this is a UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY!!!!
4-Pipes
easyrider

M roadster S50

Post by easyrider »

PRICES: IN MY WORKING.

70MM RACING EXHUAST FOR M-ROADSTER/COUPE

RRP = £820 INC VAT
THEREFORE MINUS THE VAT = £679.87 LESS VAT
697.87-20%= £558.30

ADD THE VAT TO £558.30=£656

CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON HOW THIS COMPARS TO THE USUAL PRICE?
ALL OF THOSE WHO ALREADY HAVE ONE!

CHEERS 8-)
4-Pipes
DavidO

Porsche

Post by DavidO »

Initially, I was expecting to be able to use a larger pipe bore. No reason why 70mm shouldn't be the right choice. Just need to look into it a bit further when I get back later tonight.
David O
advantyper

blank.gif

Post by advantyper »

Will you be group buying direct from factory? or group buy with a UK company? I am interested in the group buy, but only shipping will be from U.S., since I lived in the states.

Tks+
Z4 3.0 ACS Pedals/ E-Brake/ Dead Pedal
Sport/ Prem/ Conv/ Bi-Xenon/ Heated Seats
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

advantyper - their factory is in Germany - they have a US distributor but not AFAIK a manufacturing facility
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

easyrider wrote:PRICES: IN MY WORKING.
RRP = £820 INC VAT
THEREFORE MINUS THE VAT = £679.87 LESS VAT
697.87-20%= £558.30
ADD THE VAT TO £558.30=£656
Or...
... £820 *0.8 = £656
advantyper

blank.gif

Post by advantyper »

Oh... somehow I thought they were in Cali. Anyone know if I paid the company directing and have one of their distributor in U.S. ship to me?

I am pretty sure, if I paid through UK, the shipping will cost an arm an dleg.. :cry:

Tks
DavidM (King Of Chrome) wrote:advantyper - their factory is in Germany - they have a US distributor but not AFAIK a manufacturing facility
Z4 3.0 ACS Pedals/ E-Brake/ Dead Pedal
Sport/ Prem/ Conv/ Bi-Xenon/ Heated Seats
Rogere

M coupe S54

Post by Rogere »

Count me in.
Time the Coupe made a bit of a row.
83mm tips and top noise

Roger
easyrider

M roadster S50

Post by easyrider »

Zmurf, now you are just being clever!

-Rogere, glad you have seen the light! We are all going to be a noisy bunch of hooooodlums!
:twisted:

Advantyper, it is unfortunately difficult if you live in the US. You have a different importer. Why not try to create a USA group buy? I'll ask for you anyway next time i speak to the supplier.

QUESTION: IS IS WORTH US TALKING DIRECT TO THE SUPPLIER NOW WE HAVE BIG NUMBERS? PERHAPS EVEN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EXCHANGE RATES? (IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD) DOES ANYONE KNOW THEIR CONTACT DETAILS OR IS IT EISENMANN.DU?
4-Pipes
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

easyrider wrote:CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON HOW THIS COMPARS TO THE USUAL PRICE?
The 83mm system worked out as just over €1100 direct.. so about £850 all in.
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

Before you guys make your final decision on to go with the N or S system (regardless of tips).. read this from Sven.. just in (we've been chatting about back pressure). My own system is an N and runs 83mm tips with GruppeM induction, which resulted in 345bhp/274lbft (with new VANOS units). When I added de-kats I actually lost power/torque.

"the N - version indeed has the same backpressure as the OEM system. This means, almost same Power, Torque and noise as the OEM system. The S - version has less back pressure by using a different inner structure. This system is designed to fit modified engines. Using this system on a non modified car will lead calculatively to more high end power and torque, but also to a loss of low end power and torque. But as written, calculatively! We did not proof that on a dyno! We developed the S - version in cooperation with tuners to fit their request."

So unless you're either a) running a modified se-up or b) happy to lose some low down torque for akes of some high end gain then I'd suggest the N system. :| As you can see the N system has not prevented tuning M 8LUR and while a higher peak output may be achievable - overall curves may not be to everyone's taste. I'd only recommend the S system to committed track loons... Franci'.. :roll: :wink:

Rgds
Jon :rtm: :nerd:
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

Sorry Jon - not following you - what defines an N or S system?

Example Giles, Tim, myself and you have Racing Loudness systems, all with 83mm tips apart from me with 70mm tips - now the tip size makes no difference - so do we have N or S systems?
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

DavidM (King Of Chrome) wrote:Sorry Jon - not following you - what defines an N or S system?
N - Standard (or sport) = +4db
S - Racing = +12db

Rgds :)
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

Oh Ok - now I follow - I thought you had Racing Loudness too
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

DavidM (King Of Chrome) wrote:Oh Ok - now I follow - I thought you had Racing Loudness too
I deliberated but when Eisemann couldn't confirm that the N system would actually give me the power gains I opted for the quieter system, which is great but still produced a lovely sound above 4000rpm. This seems to have worked well with the GruppeM indcution on what is a largerly staandard 3.2. If I was changing cam set-up etc then I'd have gone for the S system. In retrospect the S system may have worked better with the de0kats but we'll never know.

Remember also that VANOS only really kicks in from 5000rpm so up to that point you're getting a lot of noise for no extra ponies and the racing system may actually cause more of a step at low revs. I find the N system gives both of best worlds.
'MC' MarkC

M coupe S50

Post by 'MC' MarkC »

Thanks for the techie stuff Jon. I'm still going for the noisy one though 8-) :twisted: ; just in case they don't see me coming, I want to be sure they hear me instead 8-) :twisted: ...
:roll::roll::roll:
(used to love the sound from the full Scorpion system on the E30 325i, pre-kat model).

Mark.
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

Sorry to add to this debate, but my system doesn't have inlets, Tim's does. Tim system is noticeable louder than mine. My exit pipes have Eisenmann written on them Tim's have JB Sport (I think).

BUT I was assured from Sven that both systems were identical - 83mm Racing. I don't think they are!
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

Giles wrote:Sorry to add to this debate, but my system doesn't have inlets, Tim's does. Tim system is noticeable louder than mine. My exit pipes have Eisenmann written on them Tim's have JB Sport (I think).

BUT I was assured from Sven that the systems were identical - 83mm Racing. I don't think they are!
Your system is indentical to mine.. it's the core material/oulet diameter that differs. If we did as Rog did and fitted straight through pipes from the cats then the noise would be immense!! :shock: :wink: Not sure why Tim's pipes would have a different name as they should be the same.

Of course noise doesn't always translate to power.. :| but subjectively it feels more powerful because it sounds more powerful.. for sure..
'MC' MarkC

M coupe S50

Post by 'MC' MarkC »

M Blur wrote:it feels more powerful because it sounds more powerful.. for sure..
...the profusion of 'cone' filters without heat shields is evidence enough of this I believe :roll:

...wifey's car included :roll: :roll:
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

mbmwx wrote:
M Blur wrote:it feels more powerful because it sounds more powerful.. for sure..
...the profusion of 'cone' filters without heat shields is evidence enough of this I believe :roll:

...wifey's car included :roll: :roll:
Yes indeed.. heat in that engine bay is the real challenge to finding power.. particuarly on track when engine temp can get on nigh 100 degrees. Heat shielding, ducting, coating can make a big difference. Exhaust temp is another issue and those Eisemanns run very hot so watch your rear aprons.
'MC' MarkC

M coupe S50

Post by 'MC' MarkC »

M Blur wrote:Heat shielding, ducting, coating can make a big difference.
Any suggestions for shielding the Ramair filter in Angie's 323i :?:
M Blur
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by M Blur »

mbmwx wrote:
M Blur wrote:Heat shielding, ducting, coating can make a big difference.
Any suggestions for shielding the Ramair filter in Angie's 323i :?:
Ideally you want carbon (or better yet kevlar but that can be expensive). Alternative is to use ally and paint it with heat resistant paint or have it ceramic coated. Alternative is cermaic coat the pipe after the filter as it's actualy just before the fuel mixture where you really want to charge the air tho you really want to keep it as cool as possible (from start to finish to encourage flow). You basically want to get something between the induction pipe and filter and that ruddy hot six pot.

I'd personally switch to the Viper or similar carbon kit and heat wrap the induction pipe as far as possible.. (go to Demon Tweaks). I'll be doing the same shortly.

:)
M Roaster

M roadster S50

Post by M Roaster »

Easyrider:

Tell mw when and I'll make a deposit on your account.

I want 70mm tips/Sport (N) loudness

Please remember that for me its ex-VAT since its for export and I got a valid VAT number.

Thank you for taking a personal interest and for organizing in this group buy.

Cheers

Francisco
Rogere

M coupe S54

Post by Rogere »

Can someone clear up a few questions for me?
The posts on this subject have raised some confusion...well in my non technical mind.

Firstly, will the exhaust with 83mm tips fit an S54 engined M Coupe (MY 2002)?

Are the current exhaust exit points in the rear valence the same size as on a Roadster?

Does anyone know what size the current exhaust tips are? Being lazy here as I could measure mine, but is one measuring internal or external diameters?

How noisy is a 4DB increase and how much more noisy is a 12DB increase?

My nearest neighbour has a 360 Modena which sounds absolutely wonderful ( he also has a new Bentley Continental and an X5, but we wont go into that now). The Modena is also seriously loud. Does a 12DB increase sound that loud.

I know this is all subjective, but I really want one of these exhausts, but want it to fit and also to be able to live with the increased exhaist noise day in and day out.

I do about 50K a year in the Coupe and dont really want to have wear ear plugs!

Ideally, I would like to see and hear the items in discussion.

Roger
Giles

Not specified

Post by Giles »

Roger loads of question could all probably be cleared up by showing you my car that has 83mm tips!

Can you make the next cruise (Bunch of Hunts?)