Powerflow Exhausts?

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Powerflow Exhausts?

Post by TitanTim »

Hi all,

Has anyone used Powerflow Exhausts in the past or even had one fitted to their Zed?

I'm still looking at exhausts for mine but the choice is very limited for the facelifted 1.9 :( and thinking custom exhaust might be the way to go.

I have a Powerflow dealer near to me who I've heard are very good and do work for Autovogue however rsearching on the net as you do, I'm picking up on alot of negativity, i.e. exhausts are too loud, materials poor quality etc.

Cheers,

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Mike

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike »

ive had a powerflow on my 2.8 for about 3yrs now. Reasonably happy. They can be a bit noisy when you push it, make sure you tall them to make it as quiet as possible. You also get a lot of overrun burble when decelerating quickly. Materials OK sp no real worries there. Make sure they fit it well and the tailpipes dont touch the back bumper. Mine did until they sorted out the rear strap holding the back box. All in all 9 out 10 I would say. Price is half an OEM exhaust.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Mike wrote:ive had a powerflow on my 2.8 for about 3yrs now. Reasonably happy. They can be a bit noisy when you push it, make sure you tall them to make it as quiet as possible. You also get a lot of overrun burble when decelerating quickly. Materials OK sp no real worries there. Make sure they fit it well and the tailpipes dont touch the back bumper. Mine did until they sorted out the rear strap holding the back box. All in all 9 out 10 I would say. Price is half an OEM exhaust.
Cheers for the info Mike :thumb: I've heard they can be a little noisy but I'm hoping for not much louder than stock if poss. I was going to go with a Supersprint but heard bad things of them melting the bumper aperture :shock: 76mm tips so I think I might go for 70mm to be on the safe side, also I'm looking for a complete system with cat as I don't want to chop the exhaust to fit just a back box.

Cheers,

Tim.
Mouldy

Not specified

Post by Mouldy »

Tim

I had one fitted a couple of months ago;

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26601

I had to go back to get the rear bracket adjusted slightly as the tailpipe was getting too close to the bumper, but apart from that, everything is fine. The exhaust note is fairly standard at low revs, and develops a bit of a growl as the revs rise, but nothing that's offensive.

This is the third car that I have fitted a Powerflow system to and I haven't experienced any quality problems with any of them. They guarantee exhaust for the lifetime of your ownership, so there shouldn't be any worries there.

The dealers you go to should ask how you want the exhaust to look and sound and they will make it to your requirements. Have a look at their website;

http://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/

Good luck!

Skoda Octavia vRS TSi DSG on Tour at Rocamadour
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

Mouldy wrote:
The dealers you go to should ask how you want the exhaust to look and sound and they will make it to your requirements.
I agree, I'm very happy with mine. :D
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Thanks guys :lol:

Mouldy I remember your thread now but forgot all about it :oops: :roll:

Looks like the one to go for then :lol: I'm also looking at remap at the same time with e-maps so hopefully it'll perk the Zed up a little :lol:

Thanks again,

Tim.
msassoon

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by msassoon »

I have had a few Powerflows on different cars and they are ok. My only comment was that they used pipe to small for the car (2.25" for a 3l V6 GTO) and the boxes were mild steel, not stainless. It does depend on the franchise, and how specific you are.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
hornel Z3M

blank

Exhaust

Post by hornel Z3M »

Hi Tim. I had a stainless steel exhaust fitted to my Z3 . I took it to Longlife and picked the perforated twin pipes in mid sport and it sounded lovely when ticking over (quiet) and when you accelerate say in second the sound was fab.They make it from the cat back and i must say it was well worth the money about £360 ish.If you dig out the old pics on the forum -Pictures of Hornels Z3 - (not the Z3M ones)
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

garythefish wrote:How about this Tim

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-Z3-M44-1-9-Sp ... 1c13630adf
Thanks for the linky Gary :lol: Ahhhhh mine is the M43 which has a one piece system including the cat. Looking at the one on e-bay I have a feeling that will be pretty loud as the back box looks a bit small.

Thanks anyways,

Tim.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: Exhaust

Post by TitanTim »

hornel Z3M wrote:Hi Tim. I had a stainless steel exhaust fitted to my Z3 . I took it to Longlife and picked the perforated twin pipes in mid sport and it sounded lovely when ticking over (quiet) and when you accelerate say in second the sound was fab.They make it from the cat back and i must say it was well worth the money about £360 ish.If you dig out the old pics on the forum -Pictures of Hornels Z3 - (not the Z3M ones)
Cheers for that, will have a look at the Longlife. As the M43 facelift has a one piece system I'm reluctant to chop the exhaust to fit a backbox on :roll: which is why I'm thinking of getting a full bespoke system made. ill see if there is any longlife fitters near to me otherwise will have a word with Powerflow :lol:

Tim.
allenmnmn

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by allenmnmn »

I had a powerflow exhaust fitted to my face lift 1.9 12 months ago and had no problems, its a little loud but thats what I wanted (you can specify how loud you want it) and you do get used to it quickly! The fitter chopped the standard system after the cat and fitted a flange to join the stainless one too, you also get lifetime warranty with them too.
HTH
Allenmnmn
marcevans1965

blank.gif

Post by marcevans1965 »

you tell them how loud you want it, they give lifetime guarentee with there work, always been fine for me
Muzz

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Muzz »

i had powerflow 2 months ago and tbh it was toooooooo loud for me so I returned and they fitted another small silencer and is now sweet.well worth the money :D
Its a hairdressing thing.......................you would'nt understand
kevybz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by kevybz3 »

Save your money and goto MIJ Exhausts in walsall. Twin silencer/stainless stell choice of tail pippes.

Perfect £340