Coil springs for 1998 1.9 z3 roadster

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
theduck

Z3 roadster 2.0

Coil springs for 1998 1.9 z3 roadster

Post by theduck »

Hello all, new to the forum, inlaws have just bought a 1998 1.9 z3 roadster and found it has a broken rear coil spring. Just had a quick look online and see that replacement OE type springs are quite expensive (seen them for £60+).

Being a car/modifying entusiast I then had a look to see how much lowering springs would be, and seen AVO springs for £115 for a set of 4, so cheaper than buying 2 rear springs. Are this likely to be terrible? Has anyone used them before? Any recommendations on what I should recommend they buy and where from?

Thanks in advance.

Stu
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

You can buy OEM equivalent springs a bit cheaper if you don't want go the lowering route. I had problems obtaining some BMW front springs a while ago and had to put something on as I needed the car - I went for some Lesjofors springs which I bought from Andrew Page. You might also check EuroCarParts and GermanSwedishFrench.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
theduck

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by theduck »

Cheers for the response, we eventually sourced some a little cheaper so not too bad in the end.
dpmotorcycles

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by dpmotorcycles »

[quote="theduck"]Cheers for the response, we eventually sourced some a little cheaper so not too bad in the end.[/quot

Some advice I got from the forum was "you get what you pay for"
theduck

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by theduck »

this is true for most things in life, but then there are always occassions were these rules dont play true and there is something available for less that does the job just as well ;)