rear window

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
dpmotorcycles

Z3 roadster 1.9

rear window

Post by dpmotorcycles »

Afternoon Guys, my rear window cracked today and want to get a new one, has anyone any recommendations in the midlands/shropshore area?

thanks for any help :bawl:
dpmotorcycles

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: rear window

Post by dpmotorcycles »

dpmotorcycles wrote:Afternoon Guys, my rear window cracked today and want to get a new one, has anyone any recommendations in the midlands/shropshore area?

thanks for any help :bawl:

i have just seen a add on ebay for the screen from the states Item number: 330543069642, has anyone else tried one? i have also just contacted BMW and they are selling them for £231.83 new NOT fitted, i am waiting for a call back regarding a fitting price :(
nero

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by nero »

Get a price from BMMINIPARTS - (use the pricefinder)
BMWCCScotland

Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.
dpmotorcycles

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by dpmotorcycles »

Nero wrote:Get a price from BMMINIPARTS - (use the pricefinder)
I have subbmitted a request to them and waiting to hear back.

Update from BMW, they want £340 fitted.

Hubbard Upholstery want £145 or £160 for a thicker window.
dpmotorcycles

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by dpmotorcycles »

Nero wrote:Get a price from BMMINIPARTS - (use the pricefinder)
£159.58 +vat is the price from BMMINIPARTS if any one would like to know
dpmotorcycles

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by dpmotorcycles »

Managed to get a screen from a eBay seller for £117 delivered, he has very good feed back, it's due on Thursday so hopefully fit it at the weekend.

I tried the company called soft tops on the web and had no reply from the email or two phone messages, there loss
swacd

Z3 roadster 1.9

rear window

Post by swacd »

dp have you done it yet?? how did it go......do a tutorial on you tube lol

let me know how it goes
dpmotorcycles

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: rear window

Post by dpmotorcycles »

[quote="swacd"]dp have you done it yet?? how did it go......do a tutorial on you tube lol

let me know how it goes[/quote

It arrived today, we will have ago at the weekend if the weather is good, not sure about putting it on the tube, me and the misses don't work well together at the bast of times, it could turn out to be more of a horror then a guide lol
dpmotorcycles

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by dpmotorcycles »

ok, im two hours in trying to fit the rear window, , if there any tips on centering it? or does any one who reakons it takes 20mins like to pop over to telford, coffee and cake will be waiting .....
Julie Z3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Julie Z3 »

Sorry to hear your having problems.......................its the "told you so" post :D

Having done my anorak bit searching the forum i opted for a genuine window ( £150 delivered from Cotswold). these blokes are the most helpful in my area , the local Bristol dealer won't even attempt to match their prices and as for customer service ........................

We mananged ours in under an hour ( got it wrong the first time) , but i think the genuine part is a lot easier to fit from what i've read in here !

Check the link

http://www.zscca.org/techtopics/images/ ... ctions.pdf
dpmotorcycles

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by dpmotorcycles »

Julie Z3 wrote:Sorry to hear your having problems.......................its the "told you so" post :D

Having done my anorak bit searching the forum i opted for a genuine window ( £150 delivered from Cotswold). these blokes are the most helpful in my area , the local Bristol dealer won't even attempt to match their prices and as for customer service ........................

We mananged ours in under an hour ( got it wrong the first time) , but i think the genuine part is a lot easier to fit from what i've read in here !

Check the link

Totally agree genuine parts is the way to go, next time I won't make the same mistake, on the after Market ones you have about 100 teeth to choose from when lining up the genuine ones have a start point. :)

http://www.zscca.org/techtopics/images/ ... ctions.pdf
GROMMIT

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GROMMIT »

Soft-tops in London would have supplied and fitted for about £120.