how Quick??

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
JohnBag

Z3 roadster 2.0

how Quick??

Post by JohnBag »

i will be a proud owner of a 2.0 (6cyl) Z3 in a few days. Problem is i am driving a 18turbo golf at the moment chipped to 200BHP.

How fast is the Z likley to be (150BHP), i am scared that i will be very dissapointed. Would it be faster than say a citroen VTR (please say yes i hate citroens and would be suicidal if i couldnt at least beat one of them!!!!)

I realise the weight of a Z is less than most cars so this would increase BHP/per tonne.

Anyone raced anything in a 2.0, just need an idea really of what to expect.
DavidM
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by DavidM »

It's nippy enough - I used to have one - and my wife still does - you have to "drive" it though - don't sit back and relax - work the gearbox and you can have it screaming around
Surj
Z Register organiser

Porsche

Post by Surj »

er John,

didn't you drive it before you bought the Zed?

just thought I'd ask... :?:

Surj
Bloke

Other roadster

Post by Bloke »

Hi John,

I have a 2.0ltr and believe you me it is quick enough to give the guys here a run for their money aound the twisty stuff, and the exhaust note will be enough to stop you worrying about whether or not the car is quick enough!!!

Just get that roof down and enjoy the 6 cyl BMW engine!!!

Sweet!!!

Bloke
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Johnbag, I had a 2.0ltr and compared to what you have been driving, speed wise I think you may be disappointed :oops: but the Zed isn't about all out speed. In the twisties I think you will have a great time. But even at 60mph with the roof down, you can enjoy the other going passed, knowing their piss*d at you 8-)
Had a go with a few Golf GTI's and found it probably on par.... but I did slow down as the wind was blowing my hair about :?

Garyw
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

What hair?

Post by stu »

:wink:
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
JohnBag

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by JohnBag »

thanks fro the replys fellas!!

I did try if before i bought it but was to interested in looking cool to notice if i was goin fast :P

Nah i didnt screw the tits off it so i did not get a good judgement on speed

:head: