Inlet mod

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
theduck

Z3 roadster 2.0

Inlet mod

Post by theduck »

I've read lots on here about the various versions of the big bore inlet mod for the 2.8 (both single and twin vanos) but cant find anything definitive on doing this mod on the 2.0. Has anyone done it? Is it worth doing?

I have also googled it and only found one comment on it and that was someone saying the head is different on the 2.0 and that the inlet flows well enough for the head. If thats right, then is a full head swap an feasible? If maybe not cost effective...
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

It works very well on my 2.8 but im not sure about if it can be done on the 2.0? I remember a few on here with 2.0s thinking of doing it but they were unsure of what was needed for the 2.0....
If its an M52 engine then i should think you`d need an M54 325/330 inlet manifold, complete with Disa valve and an M50 throtle body adaptor plate
Oh and small hands as its very fiddly!!!
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Bench

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Bench »

I have spoken to Alpina527 a couple of times on this subject, there are no gains to made fromt his modification.

I have the BBTB and manifold conversion on my trackcar (E36 328) and got a dyno proven 25bhp from it.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Bench wrote:I have the BBTB and manifold conversion on my trackcar (E36 328) and got a dyno proven 25bhp from it.
Was that with or witout a remap?
theduck

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by theduck »

Bench wrote:I have spoken to Alpina527 a couple of times on this subject, there are no gains to made fromt his modification.

I have the BBTB and manifold conversion on my trackcar (E36 328) and got a dyno proven 25bhp from it.
I thought as much, from what I understand the restriction is the head itself?
Bench

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Bench »

Z3cade wrote:
Bench wrote:I have the BBTB and manifold conversion on my trackcar (E36 328) and got a dyno proven 25bhp from it.
Without map, I should have an updated dyno soon of max bhp after map. Although the car has been mapped for torque not max bhp.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Bench wrote:
Z3cade wrote:

Without map, I should have an updated dyno soon of max bhp after map. Although the car has been mapped for torque not max bhp.
ah well i wonder what mines running at then.. may have to get it dyno'd