Goodyear F1 245/40/17

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
turbo

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Goodyear F1 245/40/17

Post by turbo »

HI i need to replace my rear tyres. but i would like to match my fronts.Are goodyear f1s still available.If not available do you think the new good year replacement for the f1 would be ok :?
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

The relatively new Eagle F1 is supposed to be a really good tyre, but I can't comment on mixing old with new.

I have a set of Toyo T1R's, which I rate. Lots of fans of the Flaken 452 on here too.

The Z3 needs a tyre with a softer tyre wall and all of these seem to suit the car really well.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Michael McGovern

M roadster S50

Post by Michael McGovern »

Iv got the same predicament. there are two part worn ones but dont have much life left in them on ebay. I also found some via a search on google forget the web site but it wouldnt be hard to find.

I may well just get two rear falkens as i have 2 fronts already.
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

As long as you don't mix brands of tyres on the axle in question you should be ok. I've used Goodyear F1 GSD3 followed with Asymmetric tyres, both were excellent with the latter giving me a little more confidence when driving in the wet.

That said, I've had the same performance from Falken 452's except they create more noise than the Goodyears and they're about £40 cheaper per corner. I've also heard good things about the Falken ZE 912 Asymmetric tyre though I have yet to try it.
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

GSD3's are still available, I ordered one from Mytyres a few weeks ago and it was delivered from Germany.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage