New Roof

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Icecube

Z3 roadster 2.2i

New Roof

Post by Icecube »

I am going to be getting a new roof for the z'd. Does anyone know if anyone can supply a new roof with a glass screen? Would assume the window would be smaller but i would be interest.

Also - where is the best place to get a new roof fitted in Scotland and is there anything i should be aware of?

Regards

Coco.
GROMMIT

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by GROMMIT »

Company on E Bay sell new ones painted to match your car for £2000. I'd shop around as that's a bit steep.
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: New Roof

Post by Hang_em_high »

Icecube wrote:I am going to be getting a new roof for the z'd. Does anyone know if anyone can supply a new roof with a glass screen? Would assume the window would be smaller but i would be interest.

Also - where is the best place to get a new roof fitted in Scotland and is there anything i should be aware of?

Regards

Coco.
Im guessing you mean a soft top with a glass screen, not a hard top with a glass screen. If im correct then no such thing is available for the Z3. The only way to get a glass rear screen is to buy a hard top im affraid :(
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

I couldn't work out what was meant here, but if a glass window was in a soft top, (if it were available) how does it fold when the roof goes down :puzzle:
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

snoops wrote:I couldn't work out what was meant here, but if a glass window was in a soft top, (if it were available) how does it fold when the roof goes down :puzzle:
Snoops it is possible, as its availble for the Boxster, the glass screen is smaller than the plastic screen so although the roof folds down the glass does not need to fold. The Zed though would have to have a tiny glass screen due to the way it folds, so would not be possible and hence why one has never been made :wink:
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

It was Z3 specific that I meant really, my other half had an A4 cab with a large glass window but as you say other cars fold completely differently.

The Z3 however has many folds so the concept is a non starter really...
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
offyourmarks

M roadster S52

Post by offyourmarks »

Just out of interest, how much is a new fabric roof from BMW?
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

It would never work on the Z3, which means unfortunately you would have to replace with a Z4 :shock: :oops:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
hornel Z3M

blank

z

Post by hornel Z3M »

I think Coco is just being a bit of a clown :squeeze: