Fitted k&n cone.....

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Gixerthou

blank.gif

Fitted k&n cone.....

Post by Gixerthou »

And cant hear any induction noise at an revs. I know its working as I can hear it sucking with bonnet open on tick over. Is there anything I can do to get an induction roar?
hornel Z3M

blank

z

Post by hornel Z3M »

I am afraid if you want a roar you should have put a Simota induction kit or similar, as the K+N give a nice sucking noise but no roar. i had one on my 1.9 and loved it, but totally different to the Simota i have now. :wink:
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

piperx has a good roar... :D
the badness makes me do it...!

Daz2626

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Daz2626 »

I have K@n on mine and gives a nice tone, definately changed it.
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

Got a K&N fitted to my 2.8, roars like a lion once I get over 5000 rpm, ask Jamezee, sounds so goooood..
Image1998 Atlanta Blue 2.8
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by maurice the martian »

TaffZee wrote:Got a K&N fitted to my 2.8, roars like a lion once I get over 5000 rpm, ask Jamezee, sounds so goooood..
Funny sounded more like the bleating of a lamb to me :lol:
Mozza
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

maurice the martian wrote:
TaffZee wrote:Got a K&N fitted to my 2.8, roars like a lion once I get over 5000 rpm, ask Jamezee, sounds so goooood..
Funny sounded more like the bleating of a lamb to me :lol:
Mozza
You wish Marice the sheep rustler, get on with that decorating.....
Gixerthou

blank.gif

Post by Gixerthou »

Mines a 2.8 as well and can't hear it. Have you disposed of any bits of the intake system?
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

Gixerthou wrote:Mines a 2.8 as well and can't hear it. Have you disposed of any bits of the intake system?
No it was a direct swap
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

If you want a nice induction noise use a KnN pannel filter in the standard airbox and just remove the bottom funnel on the airbox.. Its held in place with one screw on the side of the airbox..
This gives a nice induction note and also increases power as its alowing more air flow into the airbox... ( Bigger opening )

this has worked wonders with the inlet manifold mod on my 2.8..
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3

Re: Fitted k&n cone.....

Post by Guest »

Gixerthou wrote:And cant hear any induction noise at an revs. I know its working as I can hear it sucking with bonnet open on tick over. Is there anything I can do to get an induction roar?
Fit a CAT....................

Pref a Lion :D
Evs87

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Evs87 »

I recenly fitted a K&N cone to mine and it made a nice difference in sound! Out of interest where did you guys run your cold air feed?
hornel Z3M

blank

z

Post by hornel Z3M »

I ran a large diameter pipe from the front lower right of the bottom bumper grill to the front of the cone, worked well

Post by Guest »

Look at my post: http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=

I fitted the K&N induction kit at the same time as the strut brace. in the picture you will see that i removed the lower bumper blanking plate and fitted an air duct from demon tweeks to the cold air pipe:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performan ... 14/0/40439

I will fit a zunsport mesh grille shortly. However the transformation on the car is phenomenal, it breathes all the way up to red line (and beyond if i let it) without any hesitation, and there is a definite growl after 3000 revs.

This and the strut brace are the two best mods i have done so far.

If people say the K&N Induction kit makes no difference it is because they are not feeding air correctly, or have not changed to free flow exhaust. Obviously a remap will make things even smoother. But in my opinion is a worth while modification for the odd £70 - £80. To be honest you could do it cheaper as a cone filter is a cone filter at the end of the day, but at least you have some limited warranty with K&N.
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Evs87 wrote:I recenly fitted a K&N cone to mine and it made a nice difference in sound! Out of interest where did you guys run your cold air feed?
Here....

:wink:

this is the standard airbox cool air feed mod.. using plastic gutter fittings works very well when using standard airbox with pannel filter.. acts almost as a ram air feed...
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
0098sando

blank.gif

Re: Fitted k&n cone.....

Post by 0098sando »

Gixerthou wrote:And cant hear any induction noise at an revs. I know its working as I can hear it sucking with bonnet open on tick over. Is there anything I can do to get an induction roar?
i have k.n fitted to my 2.2 and it makes fantastic sound