MK Motorsport Exhaust

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Southcoaster

M roadster S54

MK Motorsport Exhaust

Post by Southcoaster »

After much searching, I have just received from Germany a set of MK Motorsport silencers (!?!).

They were manufactured by Remus for MK and according to Remus are the same apart from the tail pipes - they have 70mm i/d pipes with a short kick up .

They are meant to improve flow etc etc and should be a tad more throaty than the stock units!

Anyone had experience with MK or Remus?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: MK Motorsport Exhaust

Post by Gazza »

Get them fitted and give us a report :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Southcoaster

M roadster S54

Re: MK Motorsport Exhaust

Post by Southcoaster »

Fitted them on Monday - took about an hour and half.

First thing was they are not as loud as I thought, but at low revs, a very deep note.

The overal tone seems smother, but without hearing it race by I cannot give full comment.

One thing that was very noticable, the engine seemed much smoother and possibly more responsive and quicker to rev.

As they are made by Remus - single to twin - straight through - perforated tube, they have much less back pressure than stock.

On my bike, the Remus improved response and fuel economy, will it do the same?

i have a trip to Germany next week, so i'll be keeping a good check and report back.