Strut brage 1.9

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Strut brage 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

Anyone know where I can get one of these? they all seem to be for the M's and 2.8's on fleabay?

Cheers
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Strut brage 1.9

Post by Gazza »

You could try E-Tec

Other than that you will have to keep your eyes open on here and Ebay
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

i have a spare one .......... sold the 1.9 and now have this left :D
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

PM SENT!!!
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

The E-tech strut brace does fit BUT can vary from Zed to Zed where the 1.9 is concerned, some on here have fitted them with no problems but I tried 2 without success as there wasn't enough clearance for the bonnet too shut correctly. I still have one sitting redundant in the garage :(

Wandering if the Weichers would fit better :?

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Zedonist wrote:The wiechers is guaranteed to fit as it is designed for the 1.9 specifically and sits within the free space around the engine and adds nothing to the under bonnet height. It does not look as engineered as the e-tech, but if it is function over form, then I know my choice, it is fitted.
Not sure it would fit the facelift 1.9 as there is a plastic rail that sits where the Weichers bar goes around the back of the engine, it doesn't seem to present in the pic above.

Tim.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Strut brace 1.9

Post by Brian H »

I found the e-tech brace to be a good piece of kit, for piece of mind I lowered the coil pack to hang underneath the coil pack mountings as the brace did rub against it, there is no problem with the overall height when using the e-tech brace although it does come in to contact with the bonnet lining.

PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

he wont have any problems with fitting as its the e-tech brace brain has outlined above .. :D
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

cheers everyone very informative, is there a noticable difference when its on? looking forward to mine arriving courtesy of PASCM!!
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: Strut brace 1.9

Post by TitanTim »

[quote="Brian H"]I found the e-tech brace to be a good piece of kit, for piece of mind I lowered the coil pack to hang underneath the coil pack mountings as the brace did rub against it, there is no problem with the overall height when using the e-tech brace although it does come in to contact with the bonnet lining.

Brian, I'm not sure the brace you have fitted in your pics is the E-tech as it looks more like the Racing GT brace.

This is the E-tech brace I fitted, the mounting plates aren't a contoured fit when sitting on the shock towers,

This is the Racing GT brace which has the contoured mounting plates as in your pics but as I found out doesn't clear the coil pack,

I tried 2 E-tech braces but both caused issues with the bonnet.

Tim.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Tim, thinking about it you could be right, it was a while back when I had this on the car. :dunce: