Z4 3.0 NA tuning

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
andyfastbmw

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Z4 3.0 NA tuning

Post by andyfastbmw »

Hello everyone!
I am new to the forum and i seem to enjoy it already.
I'm interested in NA tuning but I don't quite know what to do.
Go for a G-Power full airflow system (manifold, rac cats, exhaust tip) + ecu and intake filter, or vote for the Racing Dynamics same parts? Any other solutions with good Gain/cost ratio?

Thanks!!!
Andrew from GR :)
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Hi Andy

Post by stu »

I'd go for what you have suggested, but I went down the forced induction route myself, so have no experience of the kit you mention.

Previous experience of improving airflow & exhausts on a Mk2 Exscort RS left me with fond memories, but I;d recommend a rolling road tune with an aftermarket chip in the Z.

Good luck.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
andyfastbmw

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by andyfastbmw »

Thanks stu.
What was your power - feeling gain? I see that you have an ESS software + K&N Cone installed. I persist on NA tuning since you gain power plus feeling in low cost.
My prob is that none can inform me about these engines properly since the Greek tax system was not too fond of hi displacement engines and there are not too many around.
G Power says 266hp with the airflow + <> 15 HP with the ECU. Sounds good, doesn't it? But is it reliable?
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Power

Post by stu »

6 p.s.i. gives me over 100 BHP @ rear wheels! But not cheap.

Best way to tell really is to get the work done & tell us.

There was a ESS kit for sale in Performance BMW this month (available in the UK), which would be a bargain for someone.

The X3's not going to get blown as we're getting a twin turbo diesel version on 05, but that would be an ace Q car.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority