spring pad shim

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

spring pad shim

Post by Mugs »

I took my z3 out of hibernation today so I could start work getting her ready for the road in April / may and when I looked at her parked outside I noticed that the ride height was different between the offside / nearside again.
I replaced the shocks and springs back a few months ago and the ride heights seemed better but now they have had time to settle the difference has dropped back to approx. 1" from side to side.
I have looked a few articles on the internet and it seems that are different sizes spring pads / shims that can be used to even out this difference.
does anyone know where I can get hold of some?
thanks in
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Re: spring pad shim

Post by maurice the martian »

Main dealers about £4.per shim.i baught some last week for the Z4.
Mine was about 10mm lower ont the driver side and seems to be commom on the Zeds.
M.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by maurice the martian »

On the z3 they have a few sizes ie 5mm 8mm .iactually baught a 8 mm Z3 shim and butchered it to fit me Z4.
M:mrgreen:

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Yep as Maurice has said a dealer can get you these, you can also order through http://www.bmminiparts.co.uk. I have rough road spring pads on my car to help offset the lowering springs. I'll try and look out the part number for you.

Edit: Rear spring pad 14.5mm, part number 33 53 1 094 754

HTH
Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mugs »

thanks.

it is as simple as measuring the difference, ordering the correct spring pad thickness and then just fitting it to the appropriate corner?
or do I take the BMW measurement and order either + or - pads to get the correct height for each corner?
it seems to me that the nearside is + 15mm from spec and the offside is - 10mm from spec.