bush inserts and online part supplies

Tyres, exhausts, suspension, strut braces, air filters, brake pads/rotors and anything else for 'dawn raiders'.
phil5062

blank

bush inserts and online part supplies

Post by phil5062 »

Dear All,
I've had a good luck for the rear subframe bushes and cant find them. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Also, who and where (online with a good catalogue) can I get components for?

Had my car for a few hundred miles now, and TBH I'm a bit disappointed in the handling/feel... ( 2001 2.2 with 45k that I got from an old lady in Lancaster who had it since it was 6 months old and had it serviced yearly)

I can rock the front wheels easily, it just feels 'old'.

So, i'm planning on changing the front wishbone bushes and some insets into the rear subframe bushes initially.

Thanks in advance.
Phil (Lichfield, Staffs)
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: bush inserts and online part supplies

Post by BladeRunner919 »

I'd suggest polybushes - I'm surprised you can't find a supply, though. When I google "z3 rear subframe bushes" the first result is the Powerflex website, which is the place to buy them.

I'd also consider swapping the whole front control arms - they're not expensive to replace, and on of the problems with them is that it's not always easy to detect wear in the balljoints while they're in-situ. I was amazed at how much play the balljoints had when I removed mine, but you'd never have know when they were fitted.
phil5062

blank

Re: bush inserts and online part supplies

Post by phil5062 »

ah... my error in typing. I meant the rear bush inserts. I cant find those..
With regards polybushes, i'm really undecided. I'm getting the impression from others opinions that they will be 'harsh'..
Meyle HD bushes ?