Hardtop Torx driver

Repository of 'how to do' articles relating to the Z3 and M roadster/coupe
siwilson

M roadster S54

Hardtop Torx driver

Post by siwilson »

Siwilson

I like many people purchased a pre-owned hardtop for my Z and like many other people I did not get the Torx driver with it. The Torx bolt for the front of the hardtop is nothing special, almost any T40 Torx driver or socket will fit it. My problem is that I like to have all the proper stuff. Now you can purchase this tool from BMW, but there are other sources. Here is one.

The tool BMW supply is actually made by a German company called Wiha. They refer to this as a 364 T40/200 T Handle Torx. Their part number for this is 36404020001341. If you are in Germany you can order off their website at www.wiha.com They do not ship overseas, so for other countries you need to fins a local supplier or their local office. Luckily for me their UK team are very helpful and will ship the tool to you if you email them your credit card details.

Send an email to sales@wiha.co.uk including your credit card details and the part number and description from above. Mine cost me £8.10 plus VAT and carriage and is identical to the BMW supplied one, including the red handle.

Simon
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Very good info, Si. But under no circumstances would I email my credit card details to anybody! Email is an insecure medium and you have no idea where your email will end up being read. You would be better to give card details over the phone, or to post them a cheque. Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc