Is There Something Wrong With Audi Owners?

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Is There Something Wrong With Audi Owners?

Post by Straight_Six »

hiya ppl,

having just read http://www.digg.com/design/The_new_V8_p ... _in_Geneva

after finding out that the M3 had been unvieled as a finished product (and not the spycam photos of prototypes driven in germany) i was diverted to this link.

if you read down there are several people who obviously drive audi's and have a real problem with everything BMW. Now im not a big fan of audi's myself but i dont dislike them enough to warrant going purposly out of my way to slag them off! infact to be fair they arnt bad cars and they are made in the right country! hehe.

the posts made by the individuals on that site remind me of the recent videos of the PS3 on youtube.com where you get Xbox 360 owners commenting on how **** it is in every possible way!.

there is a lad in my class at college who has recently started to pee me off, he too has a problem which is very similar to the Audi and xbox 360 owners noted! every opportunity that arises in the classroom even if its not on the subject of cars the prat has to comment on mine!

jibes such as "how many seats has yours got?" i answer "two", the reply "ow well thats **** then isnt it!" (so i suppose Ferrari and Lamborghini have lost the plot) again yesterday i mention to a friend about his fiesta being a pulling magnet, he chirps up "i dont know what your talking about your little **** thing, you can only have one bird in it"...... i just shook my head in disbelief.

so this stupid t0sspot is getting on my nerves at the moment, IF i bought a corsa like everyone else at college not a word would be said! but because its a BMW then its a target for hate!

im sorry about the long message people but this last week everywhere i look this sort of jealous and immature behaviour is going on. to be honest i was expecting bitterness as soon as i bought the Z3 and going into college with it attracts attention from kids. unfortunatly its not a great attribute to have :cry:

Lee
ChrisXL

M roadster S50

Post by ChrisXL »

I wouldn't bother about those to55er5 who can only slag others off.
You've got a nice car, worked hard for it and enjoy driving it............... end of story :D
Member of Team Lauterbrunnen
http://www.fnbc.nl/
manc5

Z4 M coupe

Post by manc5 »

Hi Lee.

Ok.. you are starting me on a rant.. :head: sorry other forum members..

I read the threads against the post you list and they look like the normal whingers.. most of them are probably driving "barryboys" style cr4p heaps or americano junk (sorry if you like american cars but like euro trash and japcrap they make LOTS of bad cars.. and some good ones..). or are actually too young to have any cars other than those on PGR2/3 for Xbox360....

Friendly fire -

I have a mate with an Audi rs4 and we have a healthy "my car is better than yours" game.. I also have a colleague with a TT 3.2 who Tells me how much better his car is than mine...... I also continuously attack a mate of mine that bought a Crossfire SRT which is falling apart !!!

Basic rules of the game are -
  • No matter what you drive somebody will hate it / love it / steal it / vandalise it.
    Somebody will always have a better car than you in your own / their own / everybody else's eyes
    BMW's / Audi's / Mercedes will always be slagged off becasue they are seen by some as status symbols / rep mobiles / badly driven / over priced objects
    BMW's / Audi's / Mercedes will always be slagged off becasue they are sometimes bought as status symbols / rep mobiles / are badly driven / can be over priced objects
    No matter what car you buy you will always want a different model / faster variant / better trim version even though publically you will say it is perfect for you....
    People will hate you simply for the car you bought...that they want... irrational as that may seem
    People with the same car as you will not like yours because it is a better model / nicer colour / newer / a bigger engine / faster or because it is a coupe / convertible and they have the convertible / coupe model.
And i would like to submit the following in defence m'lud

Envy is a bad thing..... -

I have had a brick thrown at me by a complete stranger whilst driving a 325i coupe for no reason other than the fact i was driving a BMW.

I have had a bottle thrown at me by a complete stranger whilst driving a 330ci convertible for no reason other than the fact i was driving a BMW.

I have had a mirror smashed and door scratched on Z3Mcoupe, whilst it was parked, for no reason other than the fact i was driving a BMW.

And the icing on the cake.....

I was sat in traffic in central Manchester in a z3 2.8 in 1997 i was 28 at the time, ( i know it was the late summer of '97, cos i only just got it and it was a 97 T plate). It was a warm post work evening, probably around 6pm and i had my roof down.. smoking a cigarette chilling to some tune on the HK hifi... as you do when the opportunity arises.... harming no-one and minding my own business...
Now i am not the friendliest looking bloke but whilst i am sat there a white fella in his early twenties, swampy lookalike with a "special" odor and "rasta" hair, walks up to my side of the motor as calm as you like and launches into a tyrade containing the following statements -
  • How can you sleep nights spending all that cash on a motor when people are starving to death.
    You are a fascist pig
    You are a capitalist pig
    Your car costs more than some people earn in their entire life
    + other cr4p like that above....
At which point the lights change, releasing me from my role as an unwilling participant in this discussion.. but i get chance to have the parting shot, which contrary to what i wanted to do was just a smile, one of them awful wink and point gestures and the following phrase...

"Thanks for the update, i'll get back to you on that"

He looked confused......

But aside from the detail.. the point, finally some will say, is that somebody will always dislike your car....... and you for having it....

So as a bit of a sport ....
I find agreeing with them really fudges em up.. try it next time some d1ckwad says "you have a girls / hairdressers car" just say "yes i do", smile and carry on as if the conversation ended .. and watch as they fail to comprehend the fact you agreed.... you can almost hear the hamster die and the wheel stop ..... as their single digit grey cell count decreases by one more....

Oh dear... i appear to have gone off on one a bit.. sorry.. again....
benelvin

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by benelvin »

Just don't let it bother you - why should it? The only reason people give you a hard time is because it's a nice car and THEY want one. Just pity them for a moment and move on :wink:

btw it's an easy argument to win against a corsa owner. Couple of references to the fact that they bought a nova should do the trick.
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

I have people just swear at me out of the window as they pass me on the motorway

But then I have had kids lean out the back window of their parents car to get a look and shout "nice car!".

You have to take the good with the bad i'm afraid. Doesnt bother me anymore - but it used to get at me as it was my first experience of a soft top... and you are very much exposed to the world.

Wouldnt think of owning anything else though

Although my neighbour's RS4 and his 911 do look rather tempting :D
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

It is purely jealousy and envy mate - he is just jealous you have a better motor than his - no different to people who vandalise a nice car cos they're jealous that they don't have one. I have a colleague at work who constantly refers to my zed as a "hairdresser car"! guess what he drives? Galaxy people carrier! Anyway its true that someone will always have a better car than you but I rarely find someone who has a better car trying to put down someone who doesn't! I have colleagues and friends who have Porsche's, Z4's, M3's! None of them go round putting down anyone else's lesser motor! Its always the ones with a lesser car having a go! Its like the big dog, little poodle scenario, you rarely see a big dog barking needlessly at anyone who walks past, but little dogs and poodles are always at it! Kind of a inferiority complex! Can be applied to other things aswell! :lol:
italex

Z3 roadster 3.0i

I like the way you are thinking

Post by italex »

Manc5

I like the way you are thinking. You are quite right, it just confuses them and at the same time gives you a nice warm feeing that you are just that little bit higher on the evolutionary scale.

Generally someone who is jealous of something has insecurity 'issues' and I fin it more rewarding to big thjose type of peaole up rather than add to their insecurities. :cheers

Alex
Z3's, one of the little pleasures in life.
icarus

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Is There Something Wrong With Audi Owners?

Post by icarus »

Straight_Six wrote:hiya ppl,

there is a lad in my class at college who has recently started to pee me off, he too has a problem which is very similar to the Audi and xbox 360 owners noted! every opportunity that arises in the classroom even if its not on the subject of cars the prat has to comment on mine!

jibes such as "how many seats has yours got?" i answer "two", the reply "ow well thats **** then isnt it!" (so i suppose Ferrari and Lamborghini have lost the plot) again yesterday i mention to a friend about his fiesta being a pulling magnet, he chirps up "i dont know what your talking about your little **** thing, you can only have one bird in it"...... i just shook my head in disbelief.

so this stupid t0sspot is getting on my nerves at the moment, IF i bought a corsa like everyone else at college not a word would be said! but because its a BMW then its a target for hate!

Lee
His girlfriend paobably fancies a spin in your Z. Envy is a deadly sin count yourself lucky he's not taking out on the Z. Self depreciation is answer eg I don't need more than one spare seat I'd be lucky to pull anything.

QUIA CUSTODIET CUSTODES IPSOS?
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

I agree - I just say to people I have a "rollerskate" or a "hairdressers car"

I am not owning it to impress people, I have bought it to put a huge grin on my face every day.

Saying that, I think we are all immensely proud of our purchases!
BenZ3-2.0

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by BenZ3-2.0 »

Jealousy rears its head in strange ways. I have come to the conclusion it is usually other male drivers who take the biggest acception to the Zed.

My new tactic is to wave or wink. it generally infuriates them so much you can literally see them bouncing off the roof of their car. Just waiting for someone to actually get out and hit me lol.

Once had my cap knocked off when i had the roof down by a middle aged fella who accused me of stealing the car as i was far to young to drive it, i just giggled when he walked off and got into his D reg white volvo :lol:

tbh wouldnt change the zed for anyhting at this time (mainly due to insurance lol) even when you do get the jibes about bmw drivers and hairdressers cars.

Will admit dont indicate as much as i a should anymore though :oops:
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

smartypants wrote:Saying that, I think we are all immensely proud of our purchases!
I'll 2nd that! :D
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Enjoy!!!

Post by whiteminks »

Just enjoy your car Lee :wink:
You know as soon as you get in it you love it and there is no question in your mind about why you chose it :wink:

I think the worst days for To 55ers is on a sunny day when you drive past with your roof down and you can really feel the envy of some folks. :evil:

However there are also people like yourself and me who would have just drooled at the Z3 before we had one, and thought, lucky beggar, that is ace....... I want one too! :D

BTW I drive an Audi too ( only a little A3 :wink: ) it's quite nice but not a patch on the Zed :wink:

Cheers P
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

In the early days of ownership (and probably still get it a bit now, as I am sure a lot of others do) - the Zed looks a lot more expensive than it really is. Its a great feeling - but if you do look young(ish), then you will get some not so friendly looks and glances.

Again politics of envy.... just smile and wink. ;)
smartypants

Other roadster

Re: Enjoy!!!

Post by smartypants »

whiteminks wrote:Just enjoy your car Lee :wink:
You know as soon as you get in it you love it and there is no question in your mind about why you chose it :wink:

I think the worst days for To 55ers is on a sunny day when you drive past with your roof down and you can really feel the envy of some folks. :evil:

However there are also people like yourself and me who would have just drooled at the Z3 before we had one, and thought, lucky beggar, that is ace....... I want one too! :D

BTW I drive an Audi too ( only a little A3 :wink: ) it's quite nice but not a patch on the Zed :wink:

Cheers P
I drooled and dreamed (and drooled whilst dreaming, although not sure if that was the same dream :D) about owning a zed. So to finally own one was just... well.... i cant even describe the feeling

Anyone that makes me feel guilty about owning one, needs to get a life.
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

thanks for the kind comments people!

i do play the car down everytime i get questioned about it, purely so that it dosent get harmed due to jealous kids with sharp instruments!

i also never speak about my car because i dont want to come across as being big headed. just like alot of people on here i didnt buy my car to impress anyone else, and to be honest if no1 likes the car then thats up to them. but for me i absolutly love it and wouldnt swap it for anything. and that includes the F430 F1 (which would put my vunerability issue into the shade! lol)

there is only one time when i have been jealous or envious and that was last summer when i saw a middle aged bloke getting out of his black face lift z3. the sun was scorching hot and the car looked STUNNING! i almost congratulated him on his car (at this time the z3 dream hadnt begun, but this encounter started it) but knew that like me, if a young lad compliments you on your car then there is a good chance when you get back itll be scratched. so instead i said nothing and kept my thoughts to myself.

that dream is now a reality and the summer is almost here!! 8-)

Lee
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

Dedicated to all the haters, THIS PICTURE SAYS IT ALL!
(and no, it's not photoshopped in any sort of way)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wwwwOOOff!!!
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

thats an extremly good pic komis! what camera did you use to take that?

Lee

Post by Guest »

I waited years to realise my dream and get my Z3 but I can remember how happy I was the day I drove it home. That was 3½ years ago but I still feel the same every time I get in it.

Some days I drive it and people say "nice car", some days people shout "to55er" or "poser" - ask me if I'm bothered, because I am neither of those things, I do nothing to attract attention but the car does by just looking as great as it does.

If the car brings you pleasure you don't have to justify owning it to anyone, just get in it, drop the hood and enjoy.

Thats why you got it isn't it? :)
Austin Powers

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Austin Powers »

Snoops wrote:I waited years to realise my dream and get my Z3 but I can remember how happy I was the day I drove it home. That was 3½ years ago but I still feel the same every time I get in it.

Some days I drive it and people say "nice car", some days people shout "to55er" or "poser" - ask me if I'm bothered, because I am neither of those things, I do nothing to attract attention but the car does by just looking as great as it does.

If the car brings you pleasure you don't have to justify owning it to anyone, just get in it, drop the hood and enjoy.

Thats why you got it isn't it? :)
Clap, clap, clap... 8-)
I feel exactly the same...and most important - no matter how bad your day was...once you are in your Zed, all is forgotten...
Aspirin. :D
BW
Austin
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

well said that man!

having only owned the car for 1 week and almost 6 days, i cannot view your prolonged joy but everytime i go somewhere and park it up im counting the minutes of when i can get back in the car again!

ive got some pics to put in either 'the gallery' or 'beauty parlour' within the next day or so showing just how good the Poorboys Natty Paste Wax (blue) is! i applied this stuff buy hand this morning and my GOODNESS what a result!

Lee

Post by Guest »

Hi Lee

You sound like you've got the Z3 bug to me.

I have another car I go to work in mostly (I work in an operational depot and the car park is not the greatest), but I have, on many occasions, come home after a bad day, got Zippy out of the garage and gone for a drive. The result..... a cheered up person again - never failed me once.

BTW I'm a girl (you werent' to know from my name I know) - we get hung up on cars too.
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

whooops! do accept my apologies!

i certainly have got the bug and im loving it :D

i wish i had my z3 as a second car which i could keep in the garage but my wages can just about afford petrol and at the moment are helping to supplement my car detailing buying spree (just this minute bought 'Zymol - Seal' for £31 incl. P&P) so my z3 has to suffer the dirty college car park (i have to park it on a field because there arnt any spaces left when i get there), and of course morissons car park where it has the joy of sitting in a territory where people dont give a monkey's t0ss about things like doors banging into other doors!!! (my previous car was a 3 series, and when i eat my dinner in my car the amount of individuals who have no respect for other peoples property was appauling!......yes i was in the car whilst door where getting flung open into mine) so now ive adopted 2 spaces for 1 car :D

now if you have seen a z3 in the middle of two spaces you will see just how compact the car is!! hehehe

Lee

Post by Guest »

One little tip for Morrisions car park, or any other come to that.

Park your car as far away from the doors as you can, you'll lessen the chances of someone parking next to you.

However sometimes I come back and 1 or 2 other nice cars have parked at the side of me and it makes me smile... they too are sick of the inconsiderate ones who don't care.
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

i do park a considerable distance from the doors, and to be fair its next to nantwich town centre so i thought people might have at least a little consideration as it is quite a well maintained area.

when i had the 3 series (the classic E30 320i in calypso red) i did too get the mercs and fellow bmw's parking along side but as yet with the z3 i havent seen this happen.

i had a bloke pull up next to me last sunday in a vauxhall vectra SXI, on saturdays and sundays i park in 1 space (and any other time when it wil be busy) and in my favourite spot if you park as close as you can to the bushes (this means no1 will open their doors into yours from your right) you can get enough width for almost a whole car to park in the space from the next car park space. anyway he pulls up and flings his door open to its full extent before he got out of the car!!! what a prat! he looked at me and i just shook my head at him, if i hadnt of parked right into the bushes his door (vectra doors are extremly heavy) he would have clouted my wing mirror and made a considerable amount of damage.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?! why do they not give a sh*t about peoples property?!

Lee

p.s the last weekend before i said goodbye to the 3 series (it was in the family for 17years, as my grandad bought it from new) i noticed a big lump of paint which had been chipped off as some T0sspot had obviously opened there door into mine!