Here comes the sun

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
icarus

Z3 roadster 1.9

Here comes the sun

Post by icarus »

After a winter of problems with my jaw and cancer treatment, I’ve finally bitten the bullet (excuse the pun) and taken the hardtop off the Z3 and immediately followed it up with a blast down the coast road chasing rain showers with the hood down.

As the squalls of rain and hail hit the road in front you could tell most were thinking “what a poseur he’s bound to stop soon and put that hood up”. I just relaxed and dug in. With a pair of cheep Polaroid sunnies and a black nylon jacket from Tesco. I was not going to give way to anything!

The exhilaration was intense, and I’ve escaped the painful consequences that followed on from the last hood down tip in September!

Happy motoring everyone!

QUIA CUSTODIET CUSTODES IPSOS?
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

As ever your positivity is inspiring..

We've just about out go out for a drive with the roof down, so I hope everyone else is enjoying the day.. and remembered the clocks moving :D

garyw
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

I had the roof down on my bike today -- sorry just being silly. Even sat outside in the pub though the weather was so good. Definately top down weather and my hard top came off last week.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
shabsbmw

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by shabsbmw »

I was asked the question today about the hardtop and when I would be removing it......I don't know at the moment....knowing my luck....I take it off and we get a deep freeze...... :roll:

ps...Glad you are feeling better S......x x

Shabs... :wink:
Magnetic force
The Navigator

M roadster S54

Post by The Navigator »

Phil wrote:I had the roof down on my bike today -- sorry just being silly. Even sat outside in the pub though the weather was so good. Definately top down weather and my hard top came off last week.
And while he was out on his bike, I took the car out, top down.......well, someone had to do it :twisted:
Member of Team Lauterbrunnen

The glass is either half full or half empty.......or twice the size it needs to be!
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

icarus wrote
As the squalls of rain and hail hit the road in front you could tell most were thinking “what a poseur he’s bound to stop soon and put that hood up”. I just relaxed and dug in. With a pair of cheep Polaroid sunnies and a black nylon jacket from Tesco. I was not going to give way to anything!
No doubt the Zed put a big smile back on your face - the other people were probably just a wee bit jealous! Glad that you enjoyed it and best of luck for the future.

Must be something in the air as we've been visiting friends in Suffolk this weekend and when we came to set off back to Yorkshire the Zed Owner said "Oh its quite nice lets have the hood down for a bit". Nearly fainted as normally its got to be a tropical heatwave before she takes the hood down! Did notice that she put her heated seated on!
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

The Navigator wrote:And while he was out on his bike, I took the car out, top down.......well, someone had to do it :twisted:
And good on you Marise, we were going to see if you we're about, but we had a good idea where one of you pair would be in this good weather...the pub :wink:

garyw
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Top down all day and put another 280 miles on the clock :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
srvz3

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by srvz3 »

out on sunday around the peak district, great day great roads, took a few pics, will post them when i've worked out how to do it. hope its that good next weekend on the 2 for 1 run.
like the spirit icarus. 8-)
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

garyw wrote:
The Navigator wrote:And while he was out on his bike, I took the car out, top down.......well, someone had to do it :twisted:
And good on you Marise, we were going to see if you we're about, but we had a good idea where one of you pair would be in this good weather...the pub :wink:

garyw
If I'd have known I would have sacrificed the odd pint to go out for a blast. :lol: :lol: In fact I would have sacrificed all the beer :lol: :lol:
Just wouldnt have given up the bike ride --- :D
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
srvz3

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by srvz3 »

as the song goes "here comes the summer"
first picture post so i hope it works.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Nice shots, looks fantastic :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Great stuff! I thought it would never happen. Another sunny day today ( so far) :D Hopefully will get my roof down on the way home! 8-)
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
z head

Z4 roadster 2.5si

Post by z head »

I don't want to pour scorn on your excitement but as a fully paid up member of the "If it's not raining you don't need the lid on" club, I just wonder why you've all been covering your heads and missing out on the frost-bitten earlobes.
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Hi Z Head,

Mainly because it has been raining, snowing, gale force winds or sunless :lol: :lol: :lol:

I usually get the roof down at every opportunity but can think of very few days this winter that have been conducive. :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
z head

Z4 roadster 2.5si

Post by z head »

I humble in your presence and stand corrected ma'am.

On a more serious note, good luck icarus stay strong.