Pre-facelift alternative console arrangement

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Pre-facelift alternative console arrangement

Post by komis »

Saw this on eBay, looks like the guy's done a pretty good job of modding his centre console :)

Anyone from here perhaps?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wwwwOOOff!!!
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

Nice cup holder. Thought they only made them for RHD cars.
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
Kiwi

M coupe S50

Post by Kiwi »

Looks like an M console put into a Z, with the only mod being replacing the centre gauge with the Z's OBC.

Definitely looks good, although I'd prefer to keep the functionality and look of the 3 matching gauges and mount the OBC elsewhere (I put mine in the armrest when did this mod).

Re the cupholder, pretty sure those can be put in either LHD or RHD without modification as they are a rectangular shape - and not L shaped like the LHD only armrests that look like this:

http://leatherz.com/Merchant2/merchant. ... 3_Armrests

(although can be fitted in RHD by cutting off the side bit ...)
1999 Z3 2.8 (Cosmos)
2000 M Coupe (Dakar)
545 M Sport

komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

Yeah, pretty clean job though considering he used the old style square OBC. I think Ron Stygar did a similar trick on his 01 coupe, replacing the central gauge with the post-facelift round OBC module.

Shame the OBC can't be mounted somewhere decent like inside the instrument cluster...
wwwwOOOff!!!