I thinki want it to be more aggressive....

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
Naeem.m

Z3 roadster 2.0

I thinki want it to be more aggressive....

Post by Naeem.m »

Hi guys.

Had a thought today about my car and think I might want it to look abit more aggressive like a german Nissan gtr.
I've been thinking changing my wheels to maybe some LM's or matt black CSL style. I know it might not be too everyones taste.
Also thinking a Hardtop and a front splitter and rear spoiler will help.
But should I be going for matt black vinyl dodge stripes maybe and some projector or maybe some 3000k angels. Wouldn't want them to be higher as I
Like the yellow tint to the standard lights.

Just wanted some help with some ideas or someone to tell me I've lost the plot.
rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

Stripes?
You've lost the plot. There. Let me be the first. :)
jontymo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jontymo »

I think your spot on

Can i have first bags on your current wheels :twisted:

jontymo
1998 2.8 Roadster "Gone but not forgotten"
Daz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Daz3 »

:thumb: to everything but :nono to stripes i'm affraid.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Perhaps swap it for a Nissan GTR :wink:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
trigg35

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by trigg35 »

you have got too much disposable income mate. :) i think your car looks great and is modded just enough while retaining its class and style.push it too far and it will look like something you see doing doughnuts in a supermarket carpark late at night
Naeem.m

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Naeem.m »

I think I pushed it a little with the stripes
:oops: But I think a change of wheels might be good especially to some LM like on tori's or mesh all silver like on yours daz but still not sure. Would need to look into them and try them out on mine just to see how they look.
What do you guys think of these
160485190106 on eBay
Would still maintain oem look. How hard are they to install and would they fit the Z3 as they are for an E46. I guy I work with has a beautiful new Nissan gtr in black and it really looks like mean machine.
Tim you should be telling me to stick with the Zed
:)

I think a Hardtop and a front and rear spoiler might help. See what I can get my hands on.

Thanks guys for keeping me in line.
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Naeem.m wrote:But I think a change of wheels might be good especially to some LM like on tori's.
Go for the LM's they will look great on your zed!
Naeem.m wrote:What do you guys think of these
160485190106 on eBay
Would still maintain oem look. How hard are they to install and would they fit the Z3 as they are for an E46.
I don't think these will fit as Z3 angel eyes are different. One is the normal circular shape but the other is more of a 1/2 circle for each headlight. See the shape of them in the picture in this listing.

I've only ever seen angel eyes for the Z3 in 6000K or 7000K, not sure if you will get them in 4000K so you maintain an OEM look. Unless it is possible to somehow modify the E46 versions :?
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Naeem.m wrote:I think I pushed it a little with the stripes
:oops: But I think a change of wheels might be good especially to some LM like on tori's or mesh all silver like on yours daz but still not sure. Would need to look into them and try them out on mine just to see how they look.
What do you guys think of these
160485190106 on eBay
Would still maintain oem look. How hard are they to install and would they fit the Z3 as they are for an E46. I guy I work with has a beautiful new Nissan gtr in black and it really looks like mean machine.
Tim you should be telling me to stick with the Zed
:)

I think a Hardtop and a front and rear spoiler might help. See what I can get my hands on.

Thanks guys for keeping me in line.
Sorry I was typing with tongue in cheek at the time :geek:

Of course its all down to personal taste and what YOU like in your Zed and how you wish it to look. You will always get a mixed reaction to whatever mods you plan to do.

My views are :lol: Your Zed looks great as is, I especially like the alloys you currently have and I think changing to a mesh design is a backward step and think of the pain in the arse keeping the things clean, I think against black they will look too fussy. One of the reasons I love the Schnitzers on mine is the ease of keeping them clean and a classic design for the Zed of which yours are similar. A hardtop will look good and still thinking of one for mine in gloss black :lol: . Small rear lip spolier would look good too but anything larger I feel detracts a little. Front splitters have changed my mind on these for the Zed and feel they are too OTT and there is always the risk of knocking them off :shock: Angel eyes, I like em and give a more modern look, not sure about ones on fleabay but would look for ones as a Zed fitment.

Stripes..... :shock: :shock: Fit them and post some pics and you will be a laughing stock :oops: :oops: Apologies to any other owners with stripes :oops:, They will definitely spoil your Zed as its just not that sort of car if you get my meaning :lol: Still end of the day its how you want it too look :lol:

Tim.

P.S, Fake carbon door pull surrounds are the iceing on the cake :D
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
jontymo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jontymo »

Naeem

For the lm's have a look on bimmerforums.co.uk

there is a guy on there who has a section in the sales called extreme wheels, he has the lm's he also deals on ebay but offers the wheels cheaper on the bimmerforum

i'm in a discussion about some wheels from him but again if you decide to flog your current reps give me a shout

jontymo
1998 2.8 Roadster "Gone but not forgotten"
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

I agree with everything that Titan Tim has written, except for this :-
TitanTim wrote:P.S, Fake carbon door pull surrounds are the iceing on the cake :D
:shake:

HT
HT

Titan's apprentice. :D
Titan wrote:Occupations ?
Official Devil's Advocate :devil:
Leg Puller
Micky Taker
http://www.lde.nu/index.htm
BenZ3-2.0

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by BenZ3-2.0 »

I would be interested in your wheels if you change?
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

CSL's are a great look and i'd love to see them on your Z in a dark metallic. LM's are the best wheel on the planet imo and even the fakes will look spot on as g8jkaz has proven. The only issue with the LM's is you cant get a real aggressive look without getting the real deal since the dish is not big enough. Either way you cant go wrong they will both look really good ;)

I would also consider looking at image rims since they do really nice aggressive splits - infact they are the only company in the U.K i've found which comes close to the likes of HRE from the U.S
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi