E-bay Advice - Just as I thought it was over!!

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

E-bay Advice - Just as I thought it was over!!

Post by TitanTim »

Hi all,

Just need some thoughts please :)

I won this item on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-BMW-AC-SC ... 2a0b29e263

on the 20th Oct, OK its only a week and a half ago, however as I paid 6 quid postage which I imagine should be at least first class post for this item I would have expected it by now. I messaged the seller via e-bay on Wednesday and had no reply :(

I've had a look at the sellers feedback and looks like the person has failed to send the goods off on a couple of occasions.

What is a reasonable time before getting e-bay involved? 2, 3, 4 weeks?

It was a bit of an impulse buy as I'm not sure ACS ever made a fuel cap? although it looks like an oil cap to me :? so was interested to see what it actually is. Would be quite nice as a fuel cap on the Zed if it fits correctly.

Have a sneaky feeling I've been ad :(

Cheers,

Tim.
Last edited by TitanTim on Tue 07 Dec, 2010 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Desiro

M roadster S50

Post by Desiro »

You could have a look at this.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/after-sale.html

hope you get it resolved even if its not a huge amount of money its not nice to be ad.
hornel Z3M

blank

e-bay

Post by hornel Z3M »

Hi Tim. If you paid by credit card the credit card company will pay you back and get it from pay-pal. I had the same problem once but e-bay are a waste of time and give the crooks time to leave the country. Phone the credit card company and tell them.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Desiro wrote:You could have a look at this.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/after-sale.html

hope you get it resolved even if its not a huge amount of money its not nice to be ad.
Cheers Desiro, I a look at the e-bay page earlier on, the seller quotes 5-7 days delivery which I know has only just past but I have a funny feeling lol and that fact not answered my e-mail, just wandering if to give it another week or so.

Tim.
Mad Max

blank

Post by Mad Max »

Well for starters it looks more like an oil filler cap.

If he's not responding, start on the complaints process. Especially if he's got bad feedback already, I wouldn't trust him.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: e-bay

Post by TitanTim »

hornel Z3M wrote:Hi Tim. If you paid by credit card the credit card company will pay you back and get it from pay-pal. I had the same problem once but e-bay are a waste of time and give the crooks time to leave the country. Phone the credit card company and tell them.
Thanks Hornel, might come to that, although I think if you pay using PayPal, E-bay will pay you the amound back and pursue the cost back from the seller. I imagine E-bay should have more detailed info on the seller or PayPal will as they will have the sellers address and banking details.

Tim.
hornel Z3M

blank

E-Bay

Post by hornel Z3M »

Yes i do agree but they take ages and you want a refund now.
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

Tell me about it having right games with a right charmer at the moment how roll on the 6th when I can escalate my claim, sorry your having problems too by the way tim.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Althulas wrote:Tell me about it having right games with a right charmer at the moment how roll on the 6th when I can escalate my claim, sorry your having problems too by the way tim.
Cheers Althulas, I've bought tons of stuff off e-bay over the years and pretty much all has come either very quickly or within a week so I have a feeling with this one. I haven't spent a fortune but not the point. hopefully the item will appear.............famous last words :lol:

Tim.
markrnorton

Other roadster

Post by markrnorton »

if you read the auction it says dispatch time of 2 days and postage of 5-7, i think you're being a bit hasty

give it at least a couple more days
Still modifying
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Cheers Mark, yeah I'll give it next week but not holding me breath.

Tim.
Last edited by TitanTim on Sat 30 Oct, 2010 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
markrnorton

Other roadster

Post by markrnorton »

keep the faith bro 8-)
Still modifying
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

you have to be reasonable re time expectations but if an item takes longer than I think it should I always contact the seller via eBay first to ask for confirmation of the delivery date. If they do not respond within 2 days I always start a claim. Only once has this caused a problem for me with a seller who accused me of being hasty, when I pointed out he had taken longer than his advert stated for delivery and I had tried to contact him he went quiet and I received the item. On all other occassions though my "feeling" has been right and I ended up getting my money back no probs through eBay. Once you start a claim you just have to follow their procedure, at least emailing he seller 2 days prior you can start the claim stright away by confirming you have tried to contact the seller :wink:

ps if it does end up being an oil cap you can also ask for a refund for misdescription :D
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Mad Max

blank

Post by Mad Max »

As I said above, unless you actually want a oil filler cap, I wouldn't hold out any faith.

I've tried Googling and looking at old catalogues and I can't find a petrol cap that ACS made.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Jonttt wrote:you have to be reasonable re time expectations but if an item takes longer than I think it should I always contact the seller via eBay first to ask for confirmation of the delivery date. If they do not respond within 2 days I always start a claim. Only once has this caused a problem for me with a seller who accused me of being hasty, when I pointed out he had taken longer than his advert stated for delivery and I had tried to contact him he went quiet and I received the item. On all other occassions though my "feeling" has been right and I ended up getting my money back no probs through eBay. Once you start a claim you just have to follow their procedure, at least emailing he seller 2 days prior you can start the claim stright away by confirming you have tried to contact the seller :wink:

ps if it does end up being an oil cap you can also ask for a refund for misdescription :D
Thanks Jon, yepp I messaged the seller through e-bay last Wed evening and asked when I should expect the item but have had no reply which is no excuse really and why I feel I won't receive anything.

I have a bilet oil cap with Schnitzer log on its way to me anyways :lol: but as Max said I doubt very much the item as advertised was a fuel cap, nice if it was though.

Tim.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Ahhhhh I have opened a case with E-bay against the seller, so lets hope I get me £30 back :evil:

Tim.
The Sorceror

Other roadster

Post by The Sorceror »

TitanTim wrote:I have a bilet oil cap with Schnitzer log on
What's a Schnitzer log :?:
Sorcerors Apprentice

Other roadster

Post by Sorcerors Apprentice »

Similar to a Bulldog dump, or am I getting confused with a Schnauzer?
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

The Sorceror wrote:
Logo Logo :oops:

Tim.
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

TitanTim wrote:
The Sorceror wrote:
Are you cracking up Mr TT or just going loco :roflmao:
Image :devil:
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Titan wrote:
TitanTim wrote:
The Sorceror wrote: What's a Schnitzer log :?:
Are you cracking up Mr TT or just going loco :roflmao:
:roflmao: both Mr T :lol: it is nearly Christmas :dunce:

Tim.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

TitanTim wrote: it is nearly Christmas :dunce:

Tim.
then you need a yuletide log, not a Schnitzer log :head:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Why do some people, just arse you around :(

Case has been opened by e-bay earlier in the week. Still not received the item.

The seller has surfaced I guess as e-bay has contacted him/her and messaged me to they had a sudden death in the family and hadn't seen my e-bay messages. Seller has said the item was sent two weeks ago :?

I had a message from e-bay to say the seller was going to refund via PayPal on the 09/11. Nothing received as yet.

Seller messaged me on 9/11 with a Royal Mail tracking number for the item supposidly sent. The tracking number is completely wrong being only 4 nos. in length :head:

I have messaged the seller back to refund my PayPal ASAP and contact Royal Mail regarding lost item. I mentioned IF the item appears I will send it straight back with a tracking no.

What alot of dicking about for the sake of £30 :|

Am I being unreasonable? Just want a refund which would take all of 30 secs via PayPal.

Tim.
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

The seller will wait for eBay to refund you Tim, it's same sort of con as the nob who I had to deal with and eBay end up chasing funds from the seller.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Althulas wrote:The seller will wait for eBay to refund you Tim, it's same sort of con as the nob who I had to deal with and eBay end up chasing funds from the seller.
Well hes had damning feedback off me anyways :D

Will keep onto it. Its not the money but the principal of it.

Tim.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Update :roll:

Decided to escalate the case as still no refund from the seller. E-bay will make a decision within the next 48hrs and then close the case. So no more contact with the seller now :lol:

Tim.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Thanks e-bay for a refund :lol:

Tim.
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

TitanTim wrote:Thanks e-bay for a refund :lol:

Tim.
Only trouble is Tim, the £10 notes aren't as attractive (or effective) as either an oil or a fuel filler cap :shock:
Image :devil:
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Titan wrote:
TitanTim wrote:Thanks e-bay for a refund :lol:

Tim.
Only trouble is Tim, the £10 notes aren't as attractive (or effective) as either an oil or a fuel filler cap :shock:
:lol: Ahhh Mr T I still got my sticky mits on a shiny oil cap but I think the fuel cap was a red herring!

Tim.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Hi all,

Another update on this.

Thought all was over with as e-bay ruled the case in my favour and provided a refund, however today received this message from the seller........

I have been intouch with Royal Mail on numerous occasions and they have no petrol cap returned to any of their sorting offices, so not only have you been refunded for the cap you also have the item. I would like a refrund or petrol cap returned to the address below within 3 days or I willl be contacting ebay, paypal and the police to get my item returned :

My response................

Mrs Canton,

I will thank you for not accusing me of deceit.

You will recall I lodged a case with e-bay for non receipt of goods from you. You will also recall at the time the case was opened I asked you for proof of posting or a Royal Mail tracking number which you failed give satisfactorily.

I can only assume you sent the item standard postage and it has been lost, in which case you have lost its monetary value. With hindsight you should have sent it insured post which would have guaranteed you compensation upon loss. Ebay have awarded the case in my favour and have provided me a full refund.

As far as I'm concerned this matter is closed. By all means contact e-bay etc. Regarding the Police I'm more than happy to point them in the direction of your negative e-bay feedback from buyers who have received no item from you.

Please do not contact me any further on this matter.

Cheek of the woman :evil:

Tim.
Last edited by TitanTim on Tue 07 Dec, 2010 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

Wow, this must be one valuable item if she is getting the police involved. :shock:

Is she the same woman who reported the theft of her snowman? :D
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Gazhyde wrote:Wow, this must be one valuable item if she is getting the police involved. :shock:

Is she the same woman who reported the theft of her snowman? :D
:roflmao: The princely sum of £32,

I hope she does involve the police, they will probably lock her up for wasting their time.

I don't know what e-bay have said to her but the seller seems under the impression I was going to send the item back :head: ermmmm I never received it :shake:

Tim.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I would contact eBay and make a complaint against her for harrassment and threatening communication.

Unless she can prove the item was posted she does not have a leg to stand on and even then the post office would have to prove you received it for it to be your liability :head:

She is at best stupid and worst a crook who prey on bullying people into worrying on the basis some will pay up, the worst kind of cowards :evil:

ps I would also report her for selling trademark fake goods (from memory this was an AC Schnitzer petrol cap which they never produced)

I love this type of crook, trouble is I spend too much time winding them up :D

I had a guy who sent me an item that was obviously not the one shown in the sale pictures. I sent it back and got a refund off eBay but he accused me of sending back another item. Trouble is when you know you are 100% right there is no holding me back :D was fun for a few weeks. Strangely he never followed through on his threat to post on here to "wreck my rep" (he is regular on another forum). I guess he did not want to wash his dirty laundry in public :roll:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
jontymo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jontymo »

Jonttt wrote:I would contact eBay and make a complaint against her for harrassment and threatening communication.

Unless she can prove the item was posted she does not have a leg to stand on and even then the post office would have to prove you received it for it to be your liability :head:

She is at best stupid and worst a crook who prey on bullying people into worrying on the basis some will pay up, the worst kind of cowards :evil:

ps I would also report her for selling trademark fake goods (from memory this was an AC Schnitzer petrol cap which they never produced)

I had a guy who sent me an item that was obviously not the one shown in the sale pictures. I sent it back and got a refund off eBay but he accused me of sending back another item. Trouble is when you know you are 100% right there is no holding me back :D was fun for a few weeks. Strangely he never followed through on his threat to post on here to "wreck my rep" (he is regular on another forum). I guess he did not want to wash his dirty laundry in public :roll:
standard trick nowadays from the dodgys on Ebay, i had the same with an ipod, the guy sold it as new it was obviously used and after it turned on once it would not turn on anymore, i opened a dispute eventually sent it back and he accused me of sending back a different ipod!

Anyway me being a t**t when someone winds me up manages to find his address so i send him an email saying i will come round to pick up my money the following day, surprisingly he refunded my money within the hour.

I don't for one minute advise anyone to do this unless they are prepared for the possible trouble that can happen from doing this but i'm one that does'n't take well to pi** takers. :viking:
1998 2.8 Roadster "Gone but not forgotten"
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Jonttt wrote:I would contact eBay and make a complaint against her for harrassment and threatening communication.

Cheers Jon, I was a little surprised to receive a message, but generally I really cannot be arsed with these types of people, if she, if it is a she contacts me again then she will get my wrathe :lol: I agree with what you say, probably preys on people mentioning involving the police etc to panic them into paying up. This person does have a number of negative feedbacks for not posting the items out, which didn't bother me too much at the time as its not a fortune and was willing to take a gamble. End of the day this person is trying it on, so not so much the monetry value but their bare faced cheek.

Tim.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

jontymo wrote:

standard trick nowadays from the dodgys on Ebay, i had the same with an ipod, the guy sold it as new it was obviously used and after it turned on once it would not turn on anymore, i opened a dispute eventually sent it back and he accused me of sending back a different ipod!

Anyway me being a t**t when someone winds me up manages to find his address so i send him an email saying i will come round to pick up my money the following day, surprisingly he refunded my money within the hour.

I don't for one minute advise anyone to do this unless they are prepared for the possible trouble that can happen from doing this but i'm one that does'n't take well to pi** takers. :viking:
She has supplied a home address for me to send my Mickey Mouse cheque to, so I could pay her a visit, just worried she might be a little old lady :lol:

Tim.
jontymo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jontymo »

TitanTim wrote:
jontymo wrote:

She has supplied a home address for me to send my Mickey Mouse cheque to, so I could pay her a visit, just worried she might be a little old lady :lol:

Tim.
Or a big lad LOL

Easy to check out, but it may be cold sitting outside all night waiting LOL

Don't tempt me on suggestions on retribution :twisted:
1998 2.8 Roadster "Gone but not forgotten"
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Well just to add another twist :shock:

The item arrived today :| with a postal date of 2nd Nov and the wrong address on the package :head: :head: so snow wonder it took nearly 2 months :roll: If the seller had simply used a trackable postal service all of this would have been avoided.

If anything the seller turned out to be genuine in the end but didn't help themselves or me.

Item will be posted back to the seller after christmas and it was an oil cap not a petrol cap as described :roll:

Tim.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

TitanTim wrote:The item arrived today :| with a postal date of 2nd Nov and the wrong address on the package :head:

Shame on you Tim, you should at least know your own address by now,

and I hope you have apologised to that poor little old lady, for spoiling her Chrismas, after the loss of her husband, that £32 would have meant she kept the heating on for Christmas day, :head:

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

AND DON'T FORGET THE AWFUL NEGATIVE FEEDBACK YOU GAVE HER

Hang your head in shame !

:P
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

:oops: :oops:

I know, perhaps I should donate my Z3 to the poor innocent lady!! :shock:

Had no reply back from her as yet, but I could have been dishonest and just kept the item.......would I :lol:

Still its all her fault :D

Tim.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

TitanTim wrote:I could have been dishonest and just kept the item.......would I?
never, Tim, that is not in your nature..........
Last edited by gookah on Tue 21 Dec, 2010 17:43, edited 2 times in total.

gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

....... do you have a 'Buy it now' price? :D

TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

gookah wrote:....... do you have a 'Buy it now' price? :D
50 notes and its yours :D

Tim.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

TitanTim wrote:
50 notes and its yours
£50? I hope she gets the police on you, you robbing b*****d.......... :roflmao:

TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

gookah wrote:
TitanTim wrote:
50 notes and its yours
But think how your engine bay would shine for 50 notes :lol:

Tim.
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

TitanTim wrote:
gookah wrote:
TitanTim wrote: 50 notes and its yours
But think how your engine bay would shine for 50 notes :lol:

Tim.
I didn't realise that the petrol cap is situated in the engine bay on Z4's :puzzle: or you trying to disguise this item as an oil cap :roflmao:
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal