Conned Good Style..

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
TaffZee

blank

Conned Good Style..

Post by TaffZee »

I bought 2 brake calipers from this company. http://www.ycp-braking.com/

Paid in total £160.00 this included £70 deposit for the return of the old calipers.

Recieved 2 Nearside calipers, have emailed and called for the last 4 days wanting returns address cant get any response.

DONT USE THEM....

£160 for a nearside caliper????
Image1998 Atlanta Blue 2.8
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Conned Good Style..

Post by yalden »

Let's hope they do warrant your return soon...
FAQ wrote:Can I return Items To You
Yes you can we offer a 14 day no quibble returns policy
Keep us informed!
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by maurice the martian »

Sorry to here that Jim,but i suppose they still may respond ,dosent inspire confedence though. :bad
If you paid on your credit card ,you can at least get your money refunded.,and source a replacement from a different supplier,good luck.
Maurice
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

Just as a side note, I recently replaced my nearside caliper through GSF. They run an exchange policy; I paid £60 for a fully refurbished caliper (sand blasted, recoated, new piston, seals etc), upon return of my nackered one they gave me a swift £10 cash back. So £50 all in...
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

£160 For a nearside caliper is a bit extreme jim. Just sold a brand new one for £25 inc postage to a forum member on here. Paid more than that but it was only lying around collecting dust in the shed. Could always sell one then just get the offside. Be interesting to see what happens with this.
Hope you get it sorted mate.
bill
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

Mmmm gets worse and worse. This company YPC-Braking.com. sold the E Bay account to Yes Car Parts. Yes Car Parts did not buy the website for them though? Yes Car Parts (YCP) started trading on e bay, the link on the YCP listing has a contact button, (this is how I found the Parts dont like Paypal) this goes to the site that was not bought??? Ordered from the web site thinking it was the correct link???? Apparently this company has gone out of business?????.

But started a new Business trading as the car parts warehouse (tcpw is the seller on e bay).

Cheeky Barsteward's

Now being run by someone called Stacy,I have left e emails and messages on her phone and waiting for a reply..

My next step? you wont believe :twisted: but I intend to but it now on every single listing that she puts up on E bay (from a false IP address)
and a number of e bay accounts. I want my cash back, Bitch :x
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Hi Jim
From your latest comments i take it you didn`t pay by credit card.
Whenever i buy anything i always try to pay on my card,then i know i can get refunded should anything go wrong.
Maurice.
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

billz wrote:£160 For a nearside caliper is a bit extreme jim. Just sold a brand new one for £25 inc postage to a forum member on here. Paid more than that but it was only lying around collecting dust in the shed. Could always sell one then just get the offside. Be interesting to see what happens with this.
Hope you get it sorted mate.
bill
:head:
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

maurice the martian wrote:Hi Jim
From your latest comments i take it you didn`t pay by credit card.
Whenever i buy anything i always try to pay on my card,then i know i can get refunded should anything go wrong.
Maurice.
Payed by debit card :bawl:
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

can you leave comments and a review on the "trusted Site" box linkyon the bottom right of the page?

But I am also confused.....you say you got 2 nearside calipers for £160?
TafZee wrote:I bought 2 brake calipers .....

Paid in total £160.00 ...

Recieved 2 Nearside calipers,.
so isn't that £80 per nearside caliper?
TafZee wrote:£160 for a nearside caliper???
:puzzle:

or did you pay £320 for the two?

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

gookah wrote:can you leave comments and a review on the "trusted Site" box linkyon the bottom right of the page?

But I am also confused.....you say you got 2 nearside calipers for £160?
TafZee wrote:I bought 2 brake calipers .....

Paid in total £160.00 ...

Recieved 2 Nearside calipers,.
so isn't that £80 per nearside caliper?
TafZee wrote:£160 for a nearside caliper???
:puzzle:

or did you pay £320 for the two?
Hi gookah, I paid £160 for one right and one left this included a refundable deposit 0f £70, they sent 2 left calipers. But cant get them to take the wrongly delivered left caliper back and wont let me know where to send the old calipers back for a refund. so I have paid £160 and only one caliper is any use, I know I can sell the extra left one on but it still cost me £160..
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

Another Update: I have at last been contacted by this company (After I made various threats this morning to them by mails and telephone messages, and over a week to contact me), given me an address to return the goods, at which point they said? they will refund the monies. will post them recorded delivery tonight, and see what happens :?:
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Good news Jim,hope you didnt need them for the cruise,afterall cant have you turning up in the audi -just because its cold :twisted:
Maurice
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

TaffZee wrote: Hi gookah, I paid £160 for one right and one left this included a refundable deposit 0f £70, they sent 2 left calipers.
I see, I assumed the two nearside were wanted to replace front and rear..

So are they sending a R/H one now? or you just sending the lot back for a full refund?

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

gookah wrote:
TaffZee wrote: Hi gookah, I paid £160 for one right and one left this included a refundable deposit 0f £70, they sent 2 left calipers.
I see, I assumed the two nearside were wanted to replace front and rear..

So are they sending a R/H one now? or you just sending the lot back for a full refund?
No I will source one localy, sending 1 new and 1 old back so they owe me £117, I had problems with a sticking N/S caliper decided to replace both, luckly they sent 2 N/S calipers, Fitted that one.
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

maurice the martian wrote:Good news Jim,hope you didnt need them for the cruise,afterall cant have you turning up in the audi -just because its cold :twisted:
Maurice
Smoking Brakes :shock: Naaa Dont use them given them up since I had the Zed :twisted: