hows the recession affecting you,etc

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
badboyblue

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by badboyblue »

1) If the minmum wage is at all justified in being so called - how can it be credible that any benefits "pay" you more?

2) As to the single mum "profession", I really don't see why some slag getting herself knocked up is my problem, if she or her family can't feed the kid take it off her and give to someone that can and wants to.
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Warrior wrote:Sorry Snoops..........a sad case of 'there we go again' as an extreme example of the abuse of the benefits system is considered the norm and i'll say again is exactly the reason the benefits system focuses on and spends millions on advertising to 'grass up your neighbour'!
I'm not quite "getting" why you're apologising to me... is it because you think I've given an extreme example...
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Double post :oops:
Last edited by Warrior on Tue 22 Feb, 2011 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

snoops wrote:
Warrior wrote:Sorry Snoops..........a sad case of 'there we go again' as an extreme example of the abuse of the benefits system is considered the norm and i'll say again is exactly the reason the benefits system focuses on and spends millions on advertising to 'grass up your neighbour'!
I'm not quite "getting" why you're apologising to me... is it because you think I've given an extreme example...
Yes. 8-) It's simply not a reflection of what most people who are out of work and on benefits are like. A percentage yes, but don't tar everybody with the same brush.

Focus on people like Adam, a 32 year old tree surgeons labourer earning just £50 a day before tax, who wants to maintain a home for his kids, who struggles to pay £600 rent from his meagre £900 monthly salary, and who works 4 nights a week behind the bar moonlighting as a tree surgeon every other weekend to make ends meet. Ask why, in a reversal of benefit support, the CSA take £350 a month from him and push him to work outside the 'law'?
Last edited by Warrior on Tue 22 Feb, 2011 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Double post :oops:
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

As to the single mum "profession", I really don't see why some slag getting herself knocked up is my problem, if she or her family can't feed the kid take it off her and give to someone that can and wants to.
It's not your problem, nor are the worlds starving millions, child prostitution, knife crime or illiteracy.

In fact as long as you can polish your bonnet I wouldn't worry too much about anything else. :wink:
Sorcerors Apprentice

Other roadster

Post by Sorcerors Apprentice »

That's called a triple post. :lol:
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Lol.......sorry, it's late :D
Sorcerors Apprentice

Other roadster

Post by Sorcerors Apprentice »

Warrior wrote:In fact as long as you can polish your bonnet I wouldn't worry too much about anything else. :wink:
By the way, was that a euphemism. :?: :roflmao:
Midsomer Mikey

Z3 roadster 1.9

Hows the recession affecting you

Post by Midsomer Mikey »

Well I`ve just handed in my notice as I don`t agree with the working
practices of my Boss

I`am a marine covermaker by trade and can do most things including upholstery.
I hope to start on my own so I`ll hopefully be able to offer replacement
rear Z windows at ZERO vat :)

Its a big step in this bad time but i`m confident i can make it work.
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

Lazy Layabouts, I am sick and tired of these people that remain on the dole, and end up better off than most people, Screwing the goverment which in turn is screwing us, spending all the time in pubs without a care in the world. :head:

But I have a solution?

Get rid of all the agencies out there, and have a local goverment agency?

If I require someone I would telephone the local goverment agency, they would contact the dole waller, we as a company could pay the goverment for the labour, dole waller gets nothing other than lose his benifits for not turning up. :thumb:
Image1998 Atlanta Blue 2.8
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I gave up a well paid job last June, to look after my terminally ill mum, and moved her into my house, she sadly passed away in December and I have since then been looking for another job.
All this time I am living off the remnants of a redundancy payment I received a couple of years ago. I did not bother claiming anything and have not applied for Jobseekers, because I don't want to visit those damn Dole Offices with their condescending manner, tarring me with the same brush as some of the other types I saw in there.

They can stick their £64 a week.
I had a couple of good interviews this week, fingers crossed....

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

gookah wrote:I gave up a well paid job last June, to look after my terminally ill mum, and moved her into my house, she sadly passed away in December and I have since then been looking for another job.
All this time I am living off the remnants of a redundancy payment I received a couple of years ago. I did not bother claiming anything and have not applied for Jobseekers, because I don't want to visit those damn Dole Offices with their condescending manner, tarring me with the same brush as some of the other types I saw in there.

Good Luck with the job hunt :thumb:
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

gookah wrote:I gave up a well paid job last June, to look after my terminally ill mum, and moved her into my house, she sadly passed away in December and I have since then been looking for another job.

Good on yer.
Pingu
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

thanks for all your posts but talking about signing on etc heres a funny story but true

about 8 years ago,i needed to claim some money from the goverment as i was off sick,made an appointment ,went there waited for my name to be called,sat down across the desk the lady says ,ok just fill this form in and ill be back in a few minutes about 15 mins went passed and shes still not back,i rang the bell on the desk and she re-turned telling me the problem was ,THEY COULD NOT FIND MY FILE,my file i says what file ive never claimed a penny in all my working life,she looks at me like im lying and goes off again,5 mins later shes back,umm mr donovan sorry about that,no file i can see that now,then im a funny smirky voice said,WELL YOULL HAVE A FILE FROM TODAY WONT YOU
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Good luck Gookah :wink:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Warrior wrote:Yes. 8-) It's simply not a reflection of what most people who are out of work and on benefits are like. A percentage yes, but don't tar everybody with the same brush.
I think we can only draw from our own experiences in life and I was not aware that I had Tarred Everyone on benefits but merely quoted an example of 1 person who I really tried to help but I was fighting a losing battle.

Absolutely there are a lot of deserving people out there who through no fault of their own find themselves in need of support and it simply isn't there for them, but let's not be under any kind of illusion that those that simply expect and get a very nice standard of living paid for by us is a minority.
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

The whole benefits system is wrong. My elderly mother applied for attendance allowance and disability alowance following difficulties with her hands and arthritis. She was refused on account of her 'old age'.

Her friend who'd had a heart operation and was back to full fitness after just a few weeks received both ad infinitum despite being as agile as ever.

My mother broke her hip some 3 years after her initial application and received both benefits with arrears mounting to some £2k! She also managed to save all of her winter payments and quite literally could not spend the money she was given.

In a similar vein, multi millionaires are eligible for child allowance and happily accept it. :?

So please excuse me if I have a different view than most when they focus on scroungers and ignore the overall picture.
badboyblue

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by badboyblue »

Warrior wrote:It's not your problem, nor are the worlds starving millions, child prostitution, knife crime or illiteracy.

In fact as long as you can polish your bonnet I wouldn't worry too much about anything else. :wink:
I not going to blame them for famine in Africa - but I'm going to hazard a guess that the majority of child prostitutes, knife wielders and the illiterate - not to mention the majority of all other criminals, in this country at least, are the product of a single parent family? AND we pay to perpetuate the problem.

As to my shiney bonnet - years of practice bud.
badboyblue

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by badboyblue »

Warrior wrote:The whole benefits system is wrong.................
Agreed.
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

badboyblue wrote:
Warrior wrote:It's not your problem, nor are the worlds starving millions, child prostitution, knife crime or illiteracy.

I not going to blame them for famine in Africa - but I'm going to hazard a guess that the majority of child prostitutes, knife wielders and the illiterate - not to mention the majority of all other criminals, in this country at least, are the product of a single parent family? AND we pay to perpetuate the problem.

As to my shiney bonnet - years of practice bud.
...and therein lies the problem. Hazarding a guess is hardly the basis from which to base a decent argument yet this is what most people do.

I work with Youths, have a neighbour who is at the sharp end of the support system and another a policeman who is dealing with problems on a daily basis.

A common factor in many situations involving kids going off the rails is the dominance of a parent within an outwardly normal family unit. When a child cannot push the boundaries and learn within the family home they rebel and often take their frustrations out by trying to prove something on the streets. Sorry that that doesn't fit the single parent scenario.
Mouldy

Not specified

Post by Mouldy »

badboyblue wrote:

. . . . . . . . but I'm going to hazard a guess that the majority of child prostitutes, knife wielders and the illiterate - not to mention the majority of all other criminals, in this country at least, are the product of a single parent family? AND we pay to perpetuate the problem.

Ouch! Nothing like generalising then. There's nothing like a balanced view on a subject and in my opinion, that is nothing like a balanced view.

All the talk in this thread seems to relate to benefit scroungers , but what about the billions of pounds in lost revenue that the very wealthy seem to be able to legally dodge paying, because of loopholes in the tax system?

I don't suppose that this government will bother chasing them, as one or two of their MPs are probably doing it themselves!!

There are going to be a load more people on benefits soon, when the planned council spending cuts come into force and hundreds of thousands of people hit the dole queues. I cannot see the private sector finding employment for everyone who loses their job.

I fear that there are going to be very bleak times coming, especially if we enter into another period of recession following the expected increases in interest rates.

Skoda Octavia vRS TSi DSG on Tour at Rocamadour
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Warrior wrote:A common factor in many situations involving kids going off the rails is the dominance of a parent within an outwardly normal family unit. When a child cannot push the boundaries and learn within the family home they rebel and often take their frustrations out by trying to prove something on the streets. Sorry that that doesn't fit the single parent scenario.
:roll: really....
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

garyw wrote:
Warrior wrote:A common factor in many situations involving kids going off the rails is the dominance of a parent within an outwardly normal family unit. When a child cannot push the boundaries and learn within the family home they rebel and often take their frustrations out by trying to prove something on the streets. Sorry that that doesn't fit the single parent scenario.
Yes, really...... :(
Mouldy

Not specified

Post by Mouldy »

garyw wrote:
This thread seems to be provoking some interesting thoughts and reasoning.

I found these words written by someone on Facebook and they strike a chord with me;

We are reaping what we have sowed, plain and simple!

The change began to take effect in 1980-1984, these dates heralded a perceptible shift in the fabric of life in the UK.

GREED became the new watchword. No longer were we content to be merely sheep, we all wanted to own our homes and make bundles of cash.
This credit crunch is the full circle closing finally on , but the damage has already been done.

We took our eyes off our children, relaxed the controls in our schools, indeed we began to make them untouchable. (So said , so done)

We slowly eroded and handicapped the police system, racist and flawed as it was and remains, stripping all the core responsibilities and operations and handing them to contractors and wannabees was never going to make it work better.

Insidious direct marketing by big business hijacked our children's hearts and minds through the medium of music, television and bold advertising and we played right into their hands; the must have toy for christmas, the bigger tv, the latest mobile phone,the gadgets with a 1-2yr shelf-life on the cool-o-meter. Our children are not blind, they see the competitativeness, they learn.
They do not however posess the funds to have the trappings by any other means...and so..
Drugs=really fast cash
Burglary=fast cash from stolen goods
Jacking=fast cash
Mugging=fast cash

We reap what we have sown...

It seems to me that reading some of the posts that too many of us take a simplistic view and do not consider what we, as a society, have done in the past to cause it and what we could do, as a society, to make it better.

Was it not the greed of the big banks that threw the World into an economic meltdown that caused the latest recession and all of the consequences that will surely follow?

Will we ever learn?

OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

All wrong mouldy.

It was the creation of the welfare state just after the war which started the erosion of personal responsibility.

No other country in the world has welfare and health service like the UK, and there's a good reason for that.. it's too expensive and destroys your society.
Gio

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Gio »

Mouldy wrote:Will we ever learn?
No
ImageImage
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

OXO wrote:All wrong mouldy.

It was the creation of the welfare state just after the war which started the erosion of personal responsibility.

No other country in the world has welfare and health service like the UK, and there's a good reason for that.. it's too expensive and destroys your society.
Lol..... :lol:

Lets look to the USA for a role model then.... :?

Spot on Mouldy. We've created a must have world for wanna have people. It is nigh on impossible for anybody, particularly youngsters to go through life without certain items and to be considered 'normal'. Sad but true....
OXO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by OXO »

No.. look to France, Germany, Switzerland etc. They have a good combination of some welfare and some healthcare, but not unlimited.
badboyblue

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by badboyblue »

Warrior wrote:.............A common factor in many situations involving kids going off the rails is the dominance of a parent within an outwardly normal family unit. When a child cannot push the boundaries and learn within the family home they rebel and often take their frustrations out by trying to prove something on the streets. Sorry that that doesn't fit the single parent scenario.
Yep a lot of kids you describe get into the odd fight, shoplift in whatever has taken over from Woolies and get pissed in the park on a Friday night, then - their youthful rebellion sated - they knuckle down and contribute to society and become the object of pride both their parents wished for.

If, as you say, you work with youth and dismiss my assertion that the majority of crime in this country (and certainly the US) is perpertrated by the product of homes where there is no Father present, I think you're in denial.
As though I can only assert this, it is fact, I just CBA to trawl out the stats to quote.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Cautionary note. Keep it civil people, not personal.

This is an interesting & thought provoking thread, worthy of mature discussion and debate.

If it gets personal, the thread may be moderated and those violiating the rules of the board in the opinion of any moderator can expect action to be taken.

:rtm:
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

garyw wrote:
For info........

From Youth Parenting and Crime...
Our study confirms many others in showing that styles of parenting have a strong influence on adolescent offending. We have used the young people’s responses to describe the strength of parents’ supervision, the level of conflict between parents and child, and the level of autonomy or trust that parents afford to the child.
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

badboyblue wrote:
Warrior wrote:.............A common factor in many situations involving kids going off the rails is the dominance of a parent within an outwardly normal family unit. When a child cannot push the boundaries and learn within the family home they rebel and often take their frustrations out by trying to prove something on the streets. Sorry that that doesn't fit the single parent scenario.
Yep a lot of kids you describe get into the odd fight, shoplift in whatever has taken over from Woolies and get pissed in the park on a Friday night, then - their youthful rebellion sated - they knuckle down and contribute to society and become the object of pride both their parents wished for.

If, as you say, you work with youth and dismiss my assertion that the majority of crime in this country (and certainly the US) is perpertrated by the product of homes where there is no Father present, I think you're in denial.
As though I can only assert this, it is fact, I just CBA to trawl out the stats to quote.
I must have a word with my brother who lost his wife to cancer at a young age and brought his girls, aged 7 and 13 up all on his own, my sister who really went off the rails becoming of all things a Sunday school teacher after being brought up by a single parent ...my mother...my father also being a victim of cancer at an early age. My brothers new wife who brought up 2 fine sons on her own, or her cousin who has 3 children making great strides in their careers with no man on the scene....ever.

I'm sure they will all be mortified to find that they do not conform to the stereotypical ideal.
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

stu wrote:Cautionary note. Keep it civil people, not personal.

This is an interesting & thought provoking thread, worthy of mature discussion and debate.

If it gets personal, the thread may be moderated and those violiating the rules of the board in the opinion of any moderator can expect action to be taken.

:rtm:
Point taken on board. I'll stick to wit, sarcasm and cynicism and try not to offend. For the record, I never take things personally on the web. 8-)
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

doesn't matter whether its single, or two parents.
If the parents are idle good for nothings, it will pass on to their kids. Trouble is this type have loads more kids than the decent parents, just for the benefits, outnumbering us all, and that is what we are seeing now, 2nd and 3rd generation benefit-claimants.

Thats my two-penneth.

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
badboyblue

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by badboyblue »

Warrior wrote:.............I'm sure they will all be mortified to find that they do not conform to the stereotypical ideal.
They shouldn't be, they should be proud.

But I didn't mention your family, I referred to the crime statistics relating to children raised ................................ well you know what I said.
Midsomer Mikey

Z3 roadster 1.9

hows the recession affecting you

Post by Midsomer Mikey »

Sorry :!: but I think we have lost the plot on this thread it was
how the recession affects you ,not moan about scroungers, by the way
i have no time for them but its good to get it off your chest interesting
reading this country has gone to the dogs but i would`nt want to live anywhere else would you?
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

badboyblue wrote:
Warrior wrote:.............I'm sure they will all be mortified to find that they do not conform to the stereotypical ideal.
They shouldn't be, they should be proud.

But I didn't mention your family, I referred to the crime statistics relating to children raised ................................ well you know what I said.
Yes that you CBA to find any statistics :wink:
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

gookah wrote:doesn't matter whether its single, or two parents.
If the parents are idle good for nothings, it will pass on to their kids. Trouble is this type have loads more kids than the decent parents, just for the benefits, outnumbering us all, and that is what we are seeing now, 2nd and 3rd generation benefit-claimants.

Thats my two-penneth.
You make a very valid point but I do believe that you only break the cycle by focusing on the areas where things can be improved, and that's not at the bottom of the pile.

Take child support away from the wealthy, and benefits away from the ageing rich who receive such by default, irrespective of need, and support the lower paid workers, the occasional unemployed, instead of penalising them for the misbehaviour of the few.
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

gookah wrote:doesn't matter whether its single, or two parents.

Thats my two-penneth.
You make a very valid point but I do believe that you only break the cycle by focusing on the areas where things can be improved, and that's not at the bottom of the pile.

Take child support away from the wealthy, and benefits away from the ageing rich who receive such by default, irrespective of need, and support the lower paid workers, the occasional unemployed, instead of penalising them for the misbehaviour of the few.
TaffZee

blank

Re: hows the recession affecting you

Post by TaffZee »

Midsomer Mikey wrote:Sorry :!: but I think we have lost the plot on this thread it was
reading this country has gone to the dogs but i would`nt want to live anywhere else would you?
I believe the two are indirectly linked?

P.C. is a scourge on this country, it would seem that everyone have unrealistic rights which now start with the kids right up to criminals who are finding it easier and easier to make a living, all the powere have been removed from the parents,teachers,police, justice system hence, steal a car=slap on the wrist, rob a house=slap on the wrist, mug someone=slap on the wrist. What are we doing :head:

I am from the old school when we were terrified of the local bobby who would give us a clip around the ear and along with a threat to "Tell Your Dad", who would then give you another clip, or worse :( kept every child in line. If I misbehaved in school I would be dragged away to see the headmaster, and 9 times out of ten would end up with a canning. What did this teach me? to have respect for my elders, to have respect for my parents, to have respect for my neighbours, to have respect for the laws of this country and its enforcers (Ok sometimes misplaced).

Its all about example, if the children are brought up in an enviroment where the parents dont work,take drugs,steal, cheat, (and get away with it), and think that this country owes them a living without putting anything back, what can we expect of the youth of today and tomorrow :shake:

Its bad enough now, I dread to think what its going to be like in a few years time. Have a look through your window and remember its only going to get worse :shock:

My Point? we are slowly but surely, breeding a nation of immoral,lazy,uninterested,self centered,unlawfull,disrespectful,uneducated,scrounging people who are a drain on the economy, the reason P.C.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Child Benefit should be for the first two children only, and that's it. Maybe even just one child.
If you have no job then you can't get extra income by baby farming, if you want more kids then you have to get a job to be able to afford them.

Stops the layabouts breeding multiple layabouts just to get a free bigger house and more money.

Taking it off the well-off won't improve things much, they are not having it for 'having it's 'sake.

Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Its all about example, if the children are brought up in an enviroment where the parents dont work,take drugs,steal, cheat, (and get away with it), and think that this country owes them a living without putting anything back, what can we expect of the youth of today and tomorrow
Whilst you are absolutely right in what you say I think some inward looking is required by those farther up the line. How many of us, who by the very nature of this forum have enough disposable income to afford a weekend car, yet would willingly avoid paying VAT if the builder doing an extension on your house offered a cash opportunity? How many of us took advantage of cheap beer and cigarettes purchased from a mate down the pub who'd just done his third run to Calais in as many weeks?

How many MP's were fiddling the system and how many bankers and CEO's continue to do so?

For my sins i'm 'working' on re-introduction of some integrity and answerability within a major Olympic sport. Despite having lunch in the commons, meeting with the Sports Minister, Sport England, DCMS and others the desire to avoid the question of corruption, and obvious embarassment at all costs is paramount. (Announcement this week possibly :wink: )

I'm not in favour of beating children, although I too was brought up at a time when the cane was a huge deterrent but would introduce hanging for litter droppers and those who abuse their positions of power. :D
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

Warrior wrote:
Its all about example, if the children are brought up in an enviroment where the parents dont work,take drugs,steal, cheat, (and get away with it), and think that this country owes them a living without putting anything back, what can we expect of the youth of today and tomorrow
Whilst you are absolutely right in what you say I think some inward looking is required by those farther up the line. How many of us, who by the very nature of this forum have enough disposable income to afford a weekend car, yet would willingly avoid paying VAT if the builder doing an extension on your house offered a cash opportunity? How many of us took advantage of cheap beer and cigarettes purchased from a mate down the pub who'd just done his third run to Calais in as many weeks?How many MP's were fiddling the system and how many bankers and CEO's continue to do so?

For my sins i'm 'working' on re-introduction of some integrity and answerability within a major Olympic sport. Despite having lunch in the commons, meeting with the Sports Minister, Sport England, DCMS and others the desire to avoid the question of corruption, and obvious embarassment at all costs is paramount. (Announcement this week possibly :wink: )

I'm not in favour of beating children, although I too was brought up at a time when the cane was a huge deterrent but would introduce hanging for litter droppers and those who abuse their positions of power. :D
Mine is my daily drive

Agreed but this would be a one off, Thousands of people screw the beneft system every day and have done for years

Why is it cheaper to buy these goods in France? when they are produced in the UK

Beating :shock: controlled punishment or the threat of it has always and will always be the best deterent, we have built a nation using this system. The future we are heading for now is a horrific prospect. Its bad enough now With the use of Guns, Knifes, personnel attacks murders becoming everyday Occurrences, If a murder was commited when I was young it was a major event, it now seems part of the norm and expected
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: hows the recession affecting you

Post by TitanTim »

TaffZee wrote:
Midsomer Mikey wrote:Sorry :!: but I think we have lost the plot on this thread it was
I believe the two are indirectly linked?

P.C. is a scourge on this country, it would seem that everyone have unrealistic rights which now start with the kids right up to criminals who are finding it easier and easier to make a living, all the powere have been removed from the parents,teachers,police, justice system hence, steal a car=slap on the wrist, rob a house=slap on the wrist, mug someone=slap on the wrist. What are we doing :head:

I am from the old school when we were terrified of the local bobby who would give us a clip around the ear and along with a threat to "Tell Your Dad", who would then give you another clip, or worse :( kept every child in line. If I misbehaved in school I would be dragged away to see the headmaster, and 9 times out of ten would end up with a canning. What did this teach me? to have respect for my elders, to have respect for my parents, to have respect for my neighbours, to have respect for the laws of this country and its enforcers (Ok sometimes misplaced).

Its all about example, if the children are brought up in an enviroment where the parents dont work,take drugs,steal, cheat, (and get away with it), and think that this country owes them a living without putting anything back, what can we expect of the youth of today and tomorrow :shake:

Its bad enough now, I dread to think what its going to be like in a few years time. Have a look through your window and remember its only going to get worse :shock:

My Point? we are slowly but surely, breeding a nation of immoral,lazy,uninterested,self centered,unlawfull,disrespectful,uneducated,scrounging people who are a drain on the economy, the reason P.C.
I absolutely agree with this, I'm always in the camp that dicipline begins at home and just as importantly at school, fed up with all this nannying state rubbish, childrens rights etc etc where parents and teachers have to think twice giving children a good slap on the back of legs, and I'm talking children up to the age of 16. Good grief when I was at primary school in the early 70s you didn't dare be cheeky towards teachers, otherwise it was the wooden board rubber or chalk bouncing off your head or a good slap on the palm of the hand with a wooden ruler if your were cheeky or naughty. My parents were reasonably strict and wouldn't hesitate using a slipper or a belt if I had been really naughty. Did it do me any harm? of course it didn't, it taught me right from wrong and to respect my elders. I'm not saying bring back corporal punishment in schools etc and that we should be using voilence towards chicldren, but the balance has tipped way too far in giving children what they want and when they throw tantrums, giving them more and more. Children these days know exactly what they can get away with and all it does is breed disrespect towards their elders and a couldn't care less attitude in society.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Bl**dy do-gooders have had their way and it's not worked.

The prisons are full, but its too late for them to have a 'naughty step' as well.

These little sh*ts get out of control at 5 or 6, and their parents can't be blamed cos they were brought up in the same way so don't know any different.

Could be spotted early on though,.... anyone whose children are christened David or Katy or Harry etc, should be OK.
Keep a watch on those with 'celebrity' christian names such as Tylers, the Morgans, the Taylors, the Jordans, these are the names you will hear bellowed across 12 lanes of the supermarket.

Kids hey, you can't beat 'em !.... Pity really
:roflmao:

Mouldy

Not specified

Post by Mouldy »

TaffZee wrote:
Warrior wrote:
. . . . . ,steal, cheat, (and get away with it), . . . . .
. . . . . . yet would willingly avoid paying VAT if the builder doing an extension on your house offered a cash opportunity? How many of us took advantage of cheap beer and cigarettes purchased from a mate down the pub who'd just done his third run to Calais in as many weeks?How many MP's were fiddling the system and how many bankers and CEO's continue to do so?

. . . . . .

Agreed but this would be a one off, Thousands of people screw the beneft system every day and have done for years

Why is it cheaper to buy these goods in France? when they are produced in the UK
Mouldy wrote: . . . All the talk in this thread seems to relate to benefit scroungers , but what about the billions of pounds in lost revenue that the very wealthy seem to be able to legally dodge paying, because of loopholes in the tax system?

I don't suppose that this government will bother chasing them, as one or two of their MPs are probably doing it themselves!!

So what are we saying. . . . . . its okay for the rich to buck the system, but not the less well off?

As I said earlier, don't just concentrate on the Social Security scroungers, let's also look at those super rich who have offshore bank accounts and deny the Treasury of billions of pounds in revenue each year.

I'm just as guilty of avoiding a bit of VAT if I can, but it is wrong, as is buying moody beer and cigarettes from overseas, so somehow we are all guilty of cheating to a lesser or greater extent.

And whilst I'm on the subject, how good do we all feel that the bosses of The Royal Bank of Scotland have managed to pay themselves a considerable sum in bonuses, for continuing to run a bank that we own at a loss again?

A bonus should be for doing a good job and in these troubled times, in moderation, not an obscene amount for GREED.

rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

You Think You 'ave It ' Ard?
You're All Lucky.
I Live In A Cave At T'bottom Of T'lake, And Every Morning Before Work I 'ave To Clean T'lake..........
rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

... and my caps lock sticks!
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

re al lthe school stuff ,the reform school i went to was classic abuse,if you can stomach the link below youll see what i mean,its not easy reading and my life was hell
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 91519.html

a small snipet
including being stripped to his underwear and locked in a small, underground, urine-soaked cell with no windows, lights or sanitation. He also says he remembers violent bullying, excessive canings and kangaroo courts.

i spent 3 days in that cell