One year on

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
Wrinkley

Z3 roadster 2.8

One year on

Post by Wrinkley »

Well we've now had "Redzster" our 97 2.8 pre facelift Z3 in Helrot red for a whole year.
In that year we've had,

Complete OEM suspension alround.

New clutch,braided hoses and dual mass flywheel.

Uprated wishbone bushes.

Recovered and rebuilt seats (dark gray with red stitching)

Also several minor bits and bobs.

The car drives beautifully,feels very taught,solid and is rattle free.

It's returned 33mpg on 98ron unleaded.

I try not to think of the current market values,but rather in the value the car has given us over the year.
We've had some fantastic runs out including a 13 day trip over the alps down to Venice then onto lake garda,2100mls of which 1950 were with the top down,my sunburned ears have just recovered.

I'm really beggining to get quite fond of this car and hope we have many more years of ownership that have been as pleasurable as this one.

Steve & Jo
pete59

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by pete59 »

One year also this weekfor my 99 2.0 and i can only say the same as you,new wheels,and lots of cleaning to always look its best.not bothered about dropping prices,got it for what it is and pleasure.hope you have many more as we intent too.pete
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

We have had ours now for 18months and have spent a fortune on her and she still brings more of a smile to my face than the missus :D Not at all bothered about falling prices as we have no intentions of selling her in the near future.
bill
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

I am only 3 years into what I think will be a life long commitment ......hopefully :) :)
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Harry Callahan.

BMW dust caps x 4 (replica)
Little Tree Air Freshener-Vanillaroma (now worn out and in the bin)
2006 AA road atlas (with the latest safety cameras)
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

billz wrote:We have had ours now for 18months and have spent a fortune on her and she still brings more of a smile to my face than the missus :D Not at all bothered about falling prices as we have no intentions of selling her in the near future.
bill
Dangerous comment bill, Good Luck :lol:

Prices are dropping :? but who cares its all about the car not the money, those of us who know realise the Z3 is Priceless!
Image1998 Atlanta Blue 2.8