Bloody Kids!!!

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Bloody Kids!!!

Post by TitanTim »

I guess I was the same in my early teens :D but I never played footie next too the A449 :shock:

Was coming home in the 1er after work on Friday oggling a brand new Aston in my rear view when all of a sudden a football came rolling down the centre line of the road towards me. A busy road at rush hour but couldnt do alot too avoid it and difficult too suddenly stop and have the Aston plough into the back of me :shock: It went under the front and I heard a slight knock but didn't think it would do much harm. Carried on and was then suddenly greeted with a horrendous knocking from under the car :cry: My worst fear was the ball had burst and was fowling the prop shaft. Carried on for a while and pulled over and had a look underneath, couldn't see anything but the knocking was terrible :? As my friendly BMW dealer was on the way home I called in and they put the 1er straight up on the ramp and easily found the ball had bent the exhaust heat shield enough to catch on the prop, a quick bend it back and was all sorted with no charge. Can't rate Knights BMW highly enough.

I guess I could have been in the Zed but as its tucked away a blessing in disguise :D

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
macca

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by macca »

If you was in the Z, it wouldn't have gone under the car and would have been propelled about a mile down the road...lol
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

macca wrote:If you was in the Z, it wouldn't have gone under the car and would have been propelled about a mile down the road...lol
There's not much in it between the 1er and Zed clearance wise, the Zeds alot lower at the rear. Like you I thought it would have punted the ball away but somehow it squeezed under the front bumper although luckily no paint damage :)

Tim.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Tell me about it, bloody teenagers, ....

:head:

bonnet respray now having to be carried out tomorrow..

Wish I was allowed to hit them with a baseball bat for every £1's worth of damage.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

gookah wrote:Tell me about it, bloody teenagers, ....

:head:

bonnet respray now having to be carried out tomorrow..

Wish I was allowed to hit them with a baseball bat for every £1's worth of damage.
:( whats the story? surely not on the M :shock:

Tim.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Yes the M, ..
I pulled round a bend and there was a group of them throwing eggs at passing cars....

wouldn't think a raw egg shell could take the paint off down to the primer.
b*stards.

Stopped me SORNing until the repair is done... :head:

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

The male brain is not completely connected until the age of 25, teenagers are not right in the head, :shrug
Mouldy

Not specified

Post by Mouldy »

Probably unfair to blame all teenagers, we were all one once. I don't think that its necessarily a generation thing either. I listen to some of the stunts my dad used to pull when he was a teenager who is now a respectable 81 year old.

I'll bet that there are a fair few members on the Forum who had some scrapes when they were teenagers, too.

It obviously doesn't excuse it, but it is part of growing up.

There are mindless cocks of all ages. Getting older doesn't always guarantee an increase in the 'sensible' or 'responsible' factor. How many of us have returned to our cars to find that some mindless, ignorant tw*t has bumped into our car and just driven off.

Come to think of it, my son was out in his car when some old fart in a Jag got lost on a roundabout and scraped down the side of my son's car. When he tried to claim off the other driver's insurance, it turned out that he hadn't reported the accident or filled out a claims form. As the case went on for over a year, holding up a years No Claims Bonus and because there were no witnesses, my son had to drop the claim and face the cost of repairing the whole side of his car himself, which for an apprentice, earning apprentices wages represents a lot of money.

Skoda Octavia vRS TSi DSG on Tour at Rocamadour
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Gookah really sorry to see that damage :( unbelievable, you wouldn't think eggs would do that but the shell edges can be quite sharp and that's the result :(

Hope it's sorted soon.

Tim.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Mouldy wrote:
Probably unfair to blame all teenagers, we were all one once.
In this case they were 'bloody teenagers', the description is what they were and I stand by the description. If that tars them all with the same brush then it wasn't meant to. I would equally have said bloody women. bloody pensioners etc.
The fact that when I stopped, got out and one Asian lad was giving it the "come on what you gonna do, innit" I could have given a different description..
I just thought I am 2 minutes from my house, I have a very individual /high profile car, and what would him and his 'mates' bring back to my door?
Stinks in society, when they can get away with it and you can't do anything. I wanted to push his face through the back of his head the arrogant little sh*t. but what would I have done when I woke up to petrol through the letter box.. an two cars kicked in...?
Cops as usual were there immediately, if a 2 hour response is their immediate response time, pity these teenagers were not driving an vehicle with a mispaced number plate, otherwise they 'could have done something'.
In fact the call centre spent many minutes determining my car details, no doubt to check on me and delay the need for confrontation. So I told them they were a useless waste of time and hung up.
Still it's only £500, that I wanted for other things.....especially at this time of year.

Vic-Z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Vic-Z3 »

W@nk3rs ................ :evil:
----------------- BMW Z3 Das Beste Auto -----------------

Mein altes Auto riecht nach Nudeln, hat dieses Auto eine Wurst Geruch.
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

gookah wrote:Yes the M, ..
I pulled round a bend and there was a group of them throwing eggs at passing cars....

wouldn't think a raw egg shell could take the paint off down to the primer.
b*stards.

Stopped me SORNing until the repair is done... :head:
sorry to see this.

some people have no thought for others at all.

one day it will happen to them, and then they will realise what pricks they were.

The 'BEAST' 666
hornel Z3M

blank

m

Post by hornel Z3M »

Sorry to hear that . I think i would have been happy to have been locked up if they did that to mine, i am gutted for you mate :head: