Do you know this person?????

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
E36LEE

BMW convertible

Do you know this person?????

Post by E36LEE »

Hi guys, this is a bit of a strange one admittedly but I am hoping you may be able to help.

Basically I am a collector of BMW`s, and currently own about a dozen cars, including 4 e36 m3`s, an e30 m3, a 635csi, a 2002i, a Maserati 3200GT, and others..........

Anyway, my most recent purchase was a Dakar yellow AC Schnitzer E36 CS Convertible M3, of which there are only 2 in the uk.

Me being me I tried to do a bit of digging around for the cars history.....Which is why I need to find this guy...!!!!!

With regards to the two ACS CS Convertibles, one was a 1997 Dakar yellow, the other was 1999 Estoril blue.

A friend of mine owns the Estoril blue one & the original receipt states it was sold to Norwich Union insurance for a member of staff & the private plate M1 BOB was put on the car from new.

Looking on my HPI report for my car, the first ever registration was also M1 BOB.

So it appears that the owner of M1 BOB purchased the yellow one, then 18 months later purchased the blue one. The price for these cars was £70,000.00 due to the £20,000 carbon fibre kevlar bodykit!!!!

Now, I have reason to believe that M1 BOB is currently on a 1 series BMW, and if I put the address from the Estoril blue cars receipt into google maps, on the driveway there appears to be a BMW Z1 Roadster in Red.

This is where you guys may be able to help.

The guy i am looking for is a MR Robert " Bob " W Britt.

I would hope that with a car as unusual as a Z1, he may be on a forum somewhere, if only to get info on repairs & niggles etc.

Please help, I would love to see if this guy can shed any light on my cars history. He may even want to see it again.

Thanks a lot for taking the trouble to read this.

Regards

Lee
PERRIN Z3M

M roadster S50

Post by PERRIN Z3M »

I can't help with the guy you need to speak to but I think after telling us all about your car we should be treated to a picture.

steve
E36LEE

BMW convertible

Post by E36LEE »

pingu

M roadster S50

Re: Do you know this person?????

Post by pingu »

E36LEE wrote:on the driveway there appears to be a BMW Z1 Roadster in Red.

This is where you guys may be able to help.
Can you post a picture of the Z1 from Google? DO NOT post a link as this would give away the owner's post code.

Can you see the car on StreetView? If so, post a picture. Again, not a link.

With any luck, someone will recognise it.
Pingu
E36LEE

BMW convertible

Post by E36LEE »

Im afraid you do not get a clear view, just a shot of the red front end tucked behind an e46 touring. No reg plate or anything. I believe he is based in Battle in East Sussex.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Maybe the local BMW dealer will know the name ?

Welcome to the Forum :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Got any more shots of the Dakar convertible? Looks like a nice bodykit as far as bodykits go!
Tim&BabsZ3

Not specified

Post by Tim&BabsZ3 »