MoT Certificate

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
weedram

Z3 roadster 3.0i

MoT Certificate

Post by weedram »

Just had the zed pass it's MoT but what load of crap the actual certificate is. They may as well not bother, just kept it computer based
ImageImageImageImage
One Life - Zed it
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: MoT Certificate

Post by Robert T »

I have to agree. I was disappointed when I got mine this year and it wasn't the usual nice green certificate thing, but a measly piece of white A4 run off on a laser printer. :(

I was happier with my tax disc - not so much the disc, but the fact that I managed to beat the budget and save a fiver. :lol:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
simonbud100

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by simonbud100 »

Robert T wrote:I was happier with my tax disc - not so much the disc, but the fact that I managed to beat the budget and save a fiver. :lol:

Cheers R.
Doh! I swear I forget to buy tax before the budget every year, it's only an extra £5 but it's the principle. If our roads were fabulous, I wouldn't mind so much, but when you pay through the nose for the privilage of dodging pot holes it really bugs me. Don't even get me started on the price of petrol :evil:
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

Robert T wrote:I have to agree. I was disappointed when I got mine this year and it wasn't the usual nice green certificate thing, but a measly piece of white A4 run off on a laser printer. :(
I'm thinking of printing my own next year, anyone want one ;)
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

i was away putting a pvt number plate on my car yesterday at the dvla Glasgow office .. they gave me a new mot cert with my new reg on it and a new tax disk ...... and yes its a boring a4 basic print ........ boring stuff ...... we dont want to frame our mots do wee :lol:
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

The MoT man told me it's just a receipt now as it is all done electronically.

It also saves money as the old type certificate doesn't have to be printed and the Test centre doesn't have to buy them anymore.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage