possible addition to the family...

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
Eastsix

Not specified

possible addition to the family...

Post by Eastsix »

I Need to get something bigger than the Zed, but Ive just found this and at less than £3k i could potentially justify having it in addition rather than as a replacement

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

I'd prefer a Facelift E46 sport touring, but I quite like this for a fair bit less cash. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of them? One question i have is about Gearboxes - There seem to be a disproportionate nummber of Automatic E46's about, why is this? Id always rather a manual, but is there a reason so many left the production line as Automatic? Are they preferable for some reason?

Any advice welcomed
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: possible addition to the family...

Post by Gazza »

We have a 2002 330 conv auto, lovely car to drive and handle very well.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Eastsix

Not specified

Post by Eastsix »

I've never spent more than a few mins driving an auto - don't you find it frustrating, or do you just switch off and pilot?
2.8 sadly departed, currently between zeds.....
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Usually stick to auto and then flick to sport or manual select for brisk driving.

When we fist got the car we went on a Zed run to Wales, I used sport mode all the time and it went really well.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »

Gazza wrote:Usually stick to auto and then flick to sport or manual select for brisk driving.
Agreed - do the same thing on most of the roads auto is good enough. Have told my wife the sport mode doesn't work - not sure she believes me.