60MPH on M1

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

60MPH on M1

Post by billz »

Was watching the news tonight and the Highways Agency are proposing to do a 32 mile stretch of the M1 from Junction 28 up to Rotherham a 60mph maximum speed limit. Was only 2 years ago they were on about putting it up to 80mph. All in aid of cutting Emissions. If this gets the go ahead we all know what will happen next.
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: 60MPH on M1

Post by Davejue1 »

Joy! Right on my doorstep. I don't get it. There spending millions on that stretch at the minute to improve flow and safety then they want to slow everything up. Sounds about right! :head:

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I believe someone offered a cyclist a lift on that stretch, but he turned it down as he was in a hurry.... :roflmao:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Zee3

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zee3 »

Davejue1 wrote:Joy! Right on my doorstep. I don't get it. There spending millions on that stretch at the minute to improve flow and safety then they want to slow everything up. Sounds about right! :head:

Yeah, right on my doorstep as well. I live about 2 miles from Jct28. The whole things becoming a nightmare. I wish they would make their mind up what they are doing with the speed limits. As normal though we'll all just sit back like lemmings and let them get on with it. :shake:
Zee 3.......But now have a Zee 4
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

Zee3 how come you have not put your name down for the cruise in March. We are meeting up at ripley

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Zee3

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zee3 »

billz wrote:Zee3 how come you have not put your name down for the cruise in March. We are meeting up at ripley

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to see how things pan out closer to the date. I don't want to say I'm going then have to pull out. You can put me down if you want.
Zee 3.......But now have a Zee 4
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

We usually get a few that drop out due to unforeseen circumstances. The cruise is upto 15 participants but i will be surprised if we have more than 10. Just the nature of life :D
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Zee3 wrote:
Davejue1 wrote:I live about 2 miles from Jct28.
Now I know who to blame for wanting the air cleaned :twisted: .

Personally, I think that it's a barking idea as it is a country motorway. If they want to clean the air, they should concentrate on M25, M60, and other urban motorways.

There was a guy who suggested that it was a way to make HS2 seem faster than the equivalent road journey.

A similar thing has been done to the dual carriageway that runs alongside the M6 Toll.
Pingu