"JAMES BOND" Limited series..??

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

"JAMES BOND" Limited series..??

Post by Southernboy »

Does anyone have any info on whether the Z3 ever produced a specific limited edition of the James Bond" cars... I saw someone advertising #10 of 33 "James Bond" limited edition Z3... is this for real or is the seller trying it on...?..... he also claimed it was an M 3.2 motor ??
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: "JAMES BOND" Limited series..??

Post by Buz007 »

Marcus Neimen catalogue in USA offered a limited edition Goldeneye version with a plaque, some 007 floormats, a rear luggage rack and walnut centre console. It cost around $5000 more than the standard car and apart from the coulour (Atlanta Blue) looked nothing like the actual car from the film! Mine looks more like it! :)
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

And I'm pretty sure all the engines were 1.9..... :nerd:
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

He's been out in the sun too long Barry. If such a car existed I think we would all know about it by now, don't you? Armrest well road tested now, thank you. Door armrests when I can afford them. Cheers Tony.
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

......... Thanks for the compliments on the armrest... :wink:
Yes, I thought it somewhat odd that it claimed to have the 3.2 motor, is black, and very obviously not even an M body or interior as I could make out from the pics in his advert...
Seems Gumtree.co.za is still the favourite forum for the less honest sellers... :wave
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions