newbee

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
zeezee

Z3 roadster 1.9i

newbee

Post by zeezee »

Hi to everyone ,I have just recently joined and would like to say that I love the site very informative and enjoyable. Glad to see so many people who are as passionate about their cars as I am . I have just recently bought my z and love everything about it . Working abroad just now but due back to uk very soon so hopefully get some ztime before putting her away for winter storage keep up the post cheers. ZeeZee.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: newbee

Post by Southernboy »

Welcome Zeezee. Sounds as if you're going to be a regular here... :wave
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
HomerRamone

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by HomerRamone »

Welcome to Z site :)
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Welcome zee zee, top site! (See what I did there?).... Why put your Z3 away for the winter? I take Zelda out for top down trips throughout the winter if the weather is good and the roads are dry. If you wrap up well, get some heat from the vents and through the seats, you'll be fine! Your Z3 will benefit from regular use, ( engine kept lubricated and run up to temperature, no tyre flatspots, no sticky calipers or other moving bits ), and you'll get the buzz from driving her. Anyway, whatever you do you're in good company with people who, as you say, are passionate about there Z's, and have a wide knowledge of fixes and tips.

Cheers,

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
zeezee

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by zeezee »

Thanks for the welcome , now back in the uk and have a bit of time off so going to be busy just enjoying my car,not sure if my wife will see it that way but hey the decorating can wait a little longer cheers ZeeZee.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Way to go dude :D
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
zeezee

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by zeezee »

Hi ,getting near crimbo and thought I would ask santa for a new sound system for my automotive mistress,any recommendations and how difficult a change out from the original is it.Love everything about my z except the sound system ...although it might just be my choice of music . cheers all and merry xmas to all when it comes.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Hoots Mon, is it the bagpipes that delight your ears? Och Aye, ye got any wee pics. of your beastie?
zeezee

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by zeezee »

your right its sometimes hard to tell if its the bagpipes or the speakers that are shot ,but still sounds good especially at new year lol. Will be posting some photos soon , searched for a while to get the right car and found it eventually. Low miles on the clock 32k only and an absolute credit to her previous owner. She is silver with ac split rims lovely want to drive her all the time but the weather dictates , but at the moments she is cleaned and polished in the garage , but I may be a bit of a sado but get great enjoyment in just going to the garage and cleaning all the bits I have just done a few days ago. I think I have the Z fever. Just need my new system in place and it will be car bliss.
MpowerRob

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by MpowerRob »

Hi zeezee and welcome, what z did you get engine etc? 32k wow mega low mileage sounds like a good find, Look forward to seeing some pics.
zeezee

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by zeezee »

Hi she silver and 19cc engine. Compared to the other models she lacks a bit of punch, but hey great to drive.I bought the car for my own pleasure but I am surpised about the amount of compliments I get from total strangers. AS I have said previously she a credit her former owner and hope I maintain the level she is at just now. I will post some photo when I get home ..working offshore West Africa, so back for xmas cheers zeezee.