Dont forget ;)

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Dont forget ;)

Post by Gazza »

Don't forget to alter the time setting to UTC -1 in your User Control Panel - Board Preferences - Timezone if your are viewing the Forum in the UK.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
pingu

M roadster S50

Re: Dont forget ;)

Post by pingu »

I changed the radio button to

Summer Time/DST is in effect = No

Could this not be added to the login script?
Pingu
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

pingu wrote:I changed the radio button to

I tried just the button and got the correct time :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Gazza wrote:
pingu wrote:I changed the radio button to

I tried just the button and got the correct time :D
So did I, that's why I was wondering if something like this could be used in the login script:

if BST=Yes then
RadioButton =Yes
else
RadioButton=No
endif

Obviously, you would need another routine to know what the actual value of BST is. There may be an internet clock that knows whether BST is active.
Pingu
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

If the authors of phpBB could program their way out of a paper bag, then we shouldn't need to do anything! You set that you are in GMT London, and it should know that that timezome observes DST and adjust the times accordingly. Having a button to turn DST on and off is just a cop out.

I don't propose to start poking around in that code, as it could easily break the post ordering on the site, and then I'd end up questioning my own answers. :wink:

Sorry.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Robert T wrote:If the authors of phpBB could program their way out of a paper bag, then we shouldn't need to do anything! You set that you are in GMT London, and it should know that that timezome observes DST and adjust the times accordingly. Having a button to turn DST on and off is just a cop out.

I don't propose to start poking around in that code, as it could easily break the post ordering on the site, and then I'd end up questioning my own answers. :wink:

Sorry.

Cheers R.
Don't blame you. I wouldn't, either.
Pingu