Iain Green - Rotorz

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Iain Green - Rotorz

Post by Alfie »

Sorry to have to tell you that Iain Green (Rotorz) passed away suddenly whilst at work yesterday, Tuesday 8th March. At the moment, I'm not sure of the cause.

Iain was the very proud owner of an Interlagos Z4M which he kept until late 2009. He wasn't a prolific poster on here but was frequently seen on the days out and weekends away, and occasionally trips abroad with Zroadster.net and (the now defunct) Z4forum between about 2005 and 2009.
Iain and his wife Belinda became good friends of ours on the ZR.net Champagne Tour in June 2008 and we spent a few fun weekends staying with them in Dorset before we (coincidentally) moved to about 10 miles from them in 2011, and we've stayed in regular social contact since then.

After his Z4M, he took on the renovation of a TR6, and when that had gone as far as it could, he treated himself to a classic TVR V8S (I think) which he spent many months renovating and rebuilding, resulting in a superb example with a roar to make you smile!

For many years Iain worked as an engineer and sales executive for Westland Helecopters in Yeovil. He spent much of his time travelling the globe to give technical and engineering advice to Westland clients, predominantly in Asia.

Our deepest sympathies go to our dear friend Belinda and their family.

Alfie and Di.

Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Iain Green - Rotorz

Post by Gazza »

Very sad news.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
kjb1

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Iain Green - Rotorz

Post by kjb1 »

sad news, sounds like he was a great guy!

Sent from my iPhone