Getting better

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

Getting better

Post by Mugs »

Well, it's been a little while since I've been active on the forum but I have just been resting my back, after slipping my disc. I think I am now back to feeling something like a human again so I though I would pop in and see what's been happening.
I have now sold my zed as I couldn't drive in that position anymore and bought a 325ci E46 which I find much more comfortable. (Would I still be welcome to stay on the forum?)
Before I sold her I took off (well, a friend took them off for me as I couldn't bend down) some of the aftermarket parts and I will put them up for sale as soon as I have sorted through what I have.
So, without wanting to trawl through pages and pages of posts, has there been anything new or exciting happened in the last couple of months?
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Re: Getting better

Post by bertiejaffa »

Glad youre feeling better pal... everything has happened, Z3's have been voted the greatest car in the world... did you miss it? :twisted:
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mugs »

Oops...... I missed that one Bertie :oops:

Oh well, at least I can rest happily knowing that even if they were, I couldn't drive one without being in pain.
I do miss it though, the E46 is very nice but doesn't have the same feel to it (even though it is a m sport). The one thing I don't miss is the tram lining. :?

Still I would rather not be in pain :cry:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Good to hear from you again buddy - hope you're back here more frequently.... You know you could've fitted a different seat into your Z3.... Like a "Lazy boy"... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Hope you're better, but some things you may have missed were...

I don't know why the Government selected 1998 as the cut-off date for all this new legislation, but...

All cars of less than 2 litres built before 1998 are exempt from VED.
Shell have just started offering free fuel to any German cars of less than two litres built before 1998. Just drive in, fill up and drive out :) .
Insurance cost for anyone with a doctor's note saying they have a bad back has been slashed because they don't think you can use the car :wink: . There are no exclusions for the fitment of Laziboy armchairs.
Due to the above, the value of Z3 1.9s have nearly trebled in the last two weeks :lol:
Pingu
Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mugs »

Well, I have missed quite a lot then. That explains why I sold my zed for 3 times what I paid for it and I was wondering why the last time I filled up the zed with v power they refunded my payment the next day. :?
As for fitting the arm chair.....Now your just taking the p**s'! I tried it and ended up looking over the top of the windscreen. :cry:
When I cancelled my insurance they gave me a full refund........for the last 3 years.
Well, thanks for the update, it explains it all. :lol:
Sorry, got to go, there's a guy at the door (wearing a white coat).......... :head:
Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mugs »

Wow, that was short lived.
Went to visit my parents yesterday and their neighbor decided to reverse off his drive straight into my new (to me) 325ci.
I had only just spend the last week or so with the polishing mop getting it to near showroom condition too :head:
To make matters worse his insurance company now want to write it off. I mean come on, I could repair it myself for less than £800 so why are they trying to write off a £4K car?
No wonder insurance premiums are so high these days, what happened to skilled panel beaters?
All the insurance is interested in is replacing everything with brand new OEM parts. They want to cut off the rear quarter and replace it with a new panel when the dent can quite easily be panel beat out and filled.
Ok, if it was a brand new car maybe but it is 16 years old!
Just waiting to see what the offer and buy back cost will be.
I have repaired worse to a good standard on my old rally cars.
And just when the really good weather rolls in too and I'm now stuck in my tin top (with ice cold air con so not the end of the world I suppose). :head: :head: :head:
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

Sorry to hear that.

I've seen Mugs's cars and he's not exaggerating when he says a showroom finish!

I suspect it's cheaper for the insurance companies to write cars off (saving on costs like car hire) and gaining from the sale of the salvage.

Will you get an option to buy back and repair? Not sure all insurance companies offer that. But classic car insurance (BMWs @ 15 years old) offer that, well Footman James do. And at an agreed value. Albeit for a small £10-£15 ish addition to your premium.

Let's hope you buy back, repair and make a couple of quid out of it.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)