A Surprise From WeBuyAnyCar.com

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
pingu

M roadster S50

A Surprise From WeBuyAnyCar.com

Post by pingu »

Last time I did it, they offered £1000 for the M with 120,000 miles on it.

I thought that I'd try it again for a laugh and this was the response with 129,000 miles...

Pingu
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: A Surprise From WeBuyAnyCar.com

Post by mrscalex »

In fairness I recently got a price for my Seat Alhambra and it was a good one.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

The 'offer' is a lure, when you get there they pick the car to pieces reducing the price.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
therealdb1

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by therealdb1 »

I certainly would not be lured by that valuation for a forum member's M!
To be fair they are only really interested in bread and butter cars that they can turn over quickly for a fast buck. Anything more esoteric is difficult to sell on as the potential buyers will be more discerning and they might be sitting on a car which is almost 20 years old that they have paid 9 grand for.
My only experience with them was when I wanted a quick sale for my Jaguar XJR. Their offer was £400 and they could not understand why I did not accept their valuation even when I explained that the personalised "XJR" number plate that someone had offered me £800 for would stay with the car because I did not want to hang on and apply for a retention certificate, and the tyres alone were worth £650 as they only had 1000 miles on them.
They were unmoved. :x
It did not stop them reminding me every five minutes that their offer was still available to me. :head:
I wouldn't bother contacting them again unless I was selling a supermarket chariot and what are the chances of that?
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

We have sold a few ex company hacks to them e.g. 4/5 year old c class mercs, Audi A4's etc... and to be fair they have been ok. They do generally knock off a few hundred £ on inspection but are open too some bartering if the cars are generally in good nick. My understanding is they work on a £500 margin per car sold back to the trade :?: Generally we have got what we would have probably got on a private sale but without any hassle.

We have used Tootle for higher end cars (generally worth over £30k) which is a trader auction site
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I have no intention selling the car. I was just surprised that the offer was almost reasonable, compared to the £1,000 that I was offered the last time.

I wonder what my Ferrari 250GTO is worth :shock: .
Pingu
motco

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by motco »

My Z3 (2002 2.2 Sport with <25000 miles at the time) was sold by its first owner to WBAC and she got a price only about £500 less than I paid for it from a dealer who had, in his turn, bought it from WBAC. Not a lot of margin in that deal for anyone. I cannot recall the exact figures - it was 2009 and a lot of ale has washed the tonsils in the interim.
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

Gazza wrote:The 'offer' is a lure, when you get there they pick the car to pieces reducing the price.
They really wouldn't be able to find anything wrong with my Alhambra. It's 100% as that's how I keep my cars.

I know they used to do daft things like lock people in rooms etc. I think they've stopped that now. Besides, they really don't want to do that with me and my other half. Definitely not the right people to wind-up like that.

I would seriously consider using them. But if they took the mickey I'd just drive off and if they'd physically prevented me I'd just kick off instead.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
Trevsky

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Trevsky »

I sold the wife's Fiesta Titanium Auto to them last September. We ignored their offers at first but by the time they had sent me their forth revised offer we got more than I would have expected to sell for privately. Only haggled slightly over the cost of two new front tyres which I new it wanted.
So moral is Don't accept their first offer.