An S54 M Roadster for sale?

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
Phil

M roadster S54

An S54 M Roadster for sale?

Post by Phil »

I'm toying with the idea of selling my car and buying something different. Before I go the part ex route I'll happily sell it to someone on here if anyone wants to buy a totally original car that's got 89000 miles on it. It's Sapphire Black with a red and black interior and has a red roof. It was the only RHD car that was configured in this way.
Let me know if you are interested
Cheers
Phil
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: An S54 M Roadster for sale?

Post by John Wilson »

The moderators will be complaining soon. Theres no price on it.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

That's because he doesn't really want to sell and will use the thread being closed as his excuse to himself :) .
Pingu
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

John Wilson wrote:The moderators will be complaining soon. There's no price on it.

That's right Phil, the ad will be removed in 24 hours if the price isn't displayed :lol:

Although posting in the Lifestyle section could be seen as a discussion rather than a sale thread - sneaky ! :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

I'd be looking for around £16,000 for a quick sale.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Now sold :(
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

A sad day in many ways as we had the car for 13 years but it just seemed the right time to move on. I had been tentatively looking for a rather more conservative car but still a convertible. So I've traded it for an Alpina B3S BT cabrio. 395bhp and capable of 186mph. I'd say that's conservative :)

http://thealpinaregister.com/forums/vie ... ght#156404

deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Phil wrote:So I've traded it for an Alpina B3S BT cabrio. 395bhp and capable of 186mph. I'd say that's conservative :)
Agree, power/weight ratio is worse = less interesting.
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Love Alpinas - lost my heart to an Alpina Roadster S a few years back - had a long test drive, dithered and didn't buy it. Regretted it ever since :D
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I love the look of the Alpina and this one sounds as if it bites as well as barks :) .

I've heard it said that BMW insist that the best Alpina in the range can't be better in performance than the best BMW in the range. This one has the advantage that the top performance BMW in the range is the V8 M3, so Alpina have been able to fully develop the straight six.
Pingu
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

My other half has the E93 335i twin turbo and that flies.

The Aloina looks lovely Phil, shame the S54 had to go.
Gazza

ImageImage
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

It's still with us and we'll shed a tear when we take it in but it's an old warhorse and the new one will add another dimension to our driving.

Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

And that 'Old Warhorse' has certainly seen some action!
A sad day indeed.... :cry:

A.
Scatman

M roadster S50

Post by Scatman »

Hi all, I'm a new poster but have been a fan of the Z3M since driving a lovely Green one back in 1999. Ooooh, the power!

Anyway, reason for the post is that I've only just spotted that Phil's Z3M M12PLR is/was for sale. Does anyone know whether Phil is still selling the car, as I'm hugely interested in prising it away from him?

Many thanks.

Scatman
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Scatman wrote:Hi all, I'm a new poster but have been a fan of the Z3M since driving a lovely Green one back in 1999. Ooooh, the power!

Anyway, reason for the post is that I've only just spotted that Phil's Z3M M12PLR is/was for sale. Does anyone know whether Phil is still selling the car, as I'm hugely interested in prising it away from him?

Many thanks.

Scatman
Check the last comment by Phil in this thread for an answer to your question.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Scatman wrote:Hi all, I'm a new poster but have been a fan of the Z3M since driving a lovely Green one back in 1999. Ooooh, the power!

Many thanks.

Scatman
Contact Phil and ask if it was sold or px'd. If it was px'd ask the name of the trader and contact them.
Pingu
Scatman

M roadster S50

Post by Scatman »

pingu wrote: Contact Phil and ask if it was sold or px'd. If it was px'd ask the name of the trader and contact them.
Did that a few days ago but not heard anything back so far.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

It is for sale at Sytner Solihull: http://usedcars.sytnersolihullbmw.co.uk ... c=se_ce_re_

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Robert T wrote:It is for sale at Sytner Solihull: http://usedcars.sytnersolihullbmw.co.uk ... c=se_ce_re_

Cheers R.
Kin L.

He only wanted £16k :shock:
Pingu
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

It's gone. I accepted less than 16k for it but just wanted to sort things out quickly and easily. I knew it was worth a lot more but couldn't be bothered with the hassle of selling privately. It'll be interesting to see whether it goes for 27k.
There is a rather nice Z4M going for 18k which I was slightly tempted by but my Alpina B3S BT cabrio is awesome but in a different way to the M. It's more refined, less in your face, handles and rides better and is altogether more sophisticated. Oh! and it's quicker.

Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Blimey! They must've chewed your hand off Phil.
Talk about making a fast buck!
I have no doubt that it will sell for something very near that price.
Hope they give you a good deal next time you go shopping there.

A.